Suggestions for killing time

rabbit72

Sailing out of POM but flying from FLL, our flight is at 3pm so wondering if anybody has any suggestions for us to do instead of heading to the airport soon as we get kicked off the ship. I know its not giving a whole lot of time.

Thanks

Some have rented a car and gone to one of the local attractions, like Sawgrass Mills mall.

if your plane leaves at 3:00 you are suppose to be checked in by 1:00. renting a car would be a waste of money. Take your time getting off the ship. I think you can eat breakfast early in the morning but have to be off the ship by 10:00It is like don't let the door hit you from behind but they want you off.

We are going to do that in Feb. Be the last to go. I think the time passes by at the airport easy. People watch and walk around. I wear a fitbit so I like to get my steps in.

Have fun but don't miss your plane.

you have about 4 hours to kill ......

there isn't time to do ANYTHING unless you want to spend silly $

suck it up and buy a book, charge your Ipod/pad/phone and chill at the airport

When I traveled for business a 4 hour 'kill time' was SHORT ..... you won't die.

I recently "did" 4 hours in the Warsaw Poland airport, because my flight fm NY arrived early by over an hour . . . a little breakfast, buy a trinket in a shop for the kids, read ... walk and stretch the legs .... time to board! Even hooked to free WiFi

Consider one the excursions your ship will offer on your departure day that will take you and your luggage to the airport directly afterwards. :)

LuLu

This is the best advice - you get to extend your vacation a few hours and your luggage and transportation to the airport are taken care of!

We were the absolute last to get off the ship. We just had our hand luggage with us as we did the luggage valet program from the ship- So we had about 3 hours to fool around with- took a taxi to a movie theater- then took another taxi to the airport. worked perfectly.....

We were the absolute last to get off the ship. We just had our hand luggage with us as we did the luggage valet program from the ship- So we had about 3 hours to fool around with- took a taxi to a movie theater- then took another taxi to the airport. worked perfectly.....

Hmmm? :confused: Taxi from POM to a movie theater in the FLL area will run about $80+, and then another $15 or so to get to FLL for their flight -- not sure that is how I would choose to spend my time or money.

Sailing out of POM but flying from FLL, our flight is at 3pm so wondering if anybody has any suggestions for us to do instead of heading to the airport soon as we get kicked off the ship. I know its not giving a whole lot of time.

Thanks

We had a similar situation earlier in May but flew out of MIA. The best and secure way to kill time is at your airport waiting for your flight. Take along a couple of audio-books or 'real' books and catch up with your reading. People-watching is always entertaining (especially in Miami or Fort Lauderdale :D).

Thank you for all the responses....I knew we didn't have much time to do anything. I have no problem passing the time at the airport, it will be Sunday and football will be on so we can have a couple drinks, lunch & football. I wasn't complaining about 4 hrs being long...believe me this isn't my first rodeo.;) Thanks again!!