Stroller width

Red Lodge

Also, you will have to turn it sideways to get through the cabin door, which will be 20-21" wide. Corridors are about 42" wide (I measured once). EM

If corridors are 42" wide, a 29" stroller leaves 13" for oncoming guests to walk by. Could be a problem for most.

If corridors are 42" wide, a 29" stroller leaves 13" for oncoming guests to walk by. Could be a problem for most.

Perhaps the oncoming guests could tuck themselves into a doorway and let the stroller pass. Not any different than two people walking side by side coming across two more people walking side by side.

But there could be room service carts.[/size].

I haven't seen a room service cart in years. They usually serve from a room off the corridor. The cart is in there.

I would think that the stroller and the scooter wouldn't be any different than two scooters trying to go down the same hallway.

I haven't seen a room service cart in years. They usually serve from a room off the corridor. The cart is in there.
And how does the cart get there? I saw room service carts in the hall a couple of times last fall on the Eurodam.

Only suites and HC cabins have a door wider than 22", and you have to subtract the thickness of the door when open. EM
My shoulders are 20" wide. My suitcase is 20" wide. My home bathroom shower door is 22", and I know they are wider than that! They may not be 30", but they are definitely more than 22". I'll measure on my next cruise.

BTW I'm talking about Vista and Signature ships, as I haven't been on an S or R ship in five years ... but I think I would have remembered if they were as extraordinarily narrow as you say. ;)

Edited by jtl513

You might have a problem with the stroller if you have to get by a scooter parked in the hall. I thought HAL didn't allow this any more, but there was one in our hallway nearly every time we went in or out of our cabin. It took up almost half the width of the hallway, so your stroller wouldn't get past it.

I would think that the stroller and the scooter wouldn't be any different than two scooters trying to go down the same hallway.

Two scooters can go down the same passageway only if they are going in the same direction. There is insufficient room for two scooters, or a scooter and a wheelchair, to pass each other.

Most non-handicap cabin doors are in the 22"-23" range. My scooter is 21", and I barely clear the doorway with about 1" on each side of the arms.

If OP tries to make the stroller work for her, she may find, or cause, other problems.

On our Zuiderdam cruise in May, I was pushing DW in a manual wheelchair (thankfully no longer needed!). The wheelchair was 23" wide. People needed to 'duck into' a door opening to squeeze by, and usually with no room to spare.

We could not get the wheelchair into our standard cabin door without partly folding it. On purpose we booked a cabin right by the elevator, so we did not need to often use the long corridor on the cabin deck. Hallways on the Eurodam are quite long, so that is something to consider.

Based on our experience, I would suggest that a 29" wide stroller is too wide and will likely detract from your cruise experience.

And how does the cart get there? I saw room service carts in the hall a couple of times last fall on the Eurodam.

Internal service elevators. However, the gist of the post was that they serve room service from a cart that's parked in the hall - which I haven't seen. They refill the Neptune Lounge snacks from a cart as well. It's only in the hall briefly, and then it's behind the concierge.

A few bottles with kids, a whole bunch without, but it will all be found upon boarding!! We have only cruised with Princess (Sun and Coral) in full, large beautiful suites several times. The last was this past June when I took the whole family, so we had several mini suites also. We used our big stroller, somewhat as pictured above. But it is big, bulky and heavy. The umbrella stroller folds almost flat and is very light so we wanted to give it a try. Will be on Eurodam next week, Neptune suite, and Zuiderdam in May (Baltics, Norway..) also Neptune suite. Hope we are as pleased with HAL and the suites as we have always been with Princess. We chose these ships for the itineraries. Thanks for all responses.

Our question would be are the halls wide enough to allow you to get around service carts parked there and also other passengers coming down the hall toward you?

HAL does not use service carts for cabin stewards nor for room service. If they use any sort of cart, it is in the steward closed door work station.

Also, you will have to turn it sideways to get through the cabin door, which will be 20-21" wide. Corridors are about 42" wide (I measured once). EM

Cabin doors are considerably wider for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites. Wheelchairs that do not fit into most cabin doors will fit through Neptune Suite entry doors.

ON our last cruise, every morning I would find myself following the room service guy down the hallway when he was delivering room service breakfasts with his cart. Now to clarify this was always very early morning when I was on my way to the gym, but yes every day I saw him with his cart. He would pull it to the side so I could pass or when he was delivering to a cabin.

ON our last cruise, every morning I would find myself following the room service guy down the hallway when he was delivering room service breakfasts with his cart. Now to clarify this was always very early morning when I was on my way to the gym, but yes every day I saw him with his cart. He would pull it to the side so I could pass or when he was delivering to a cabin.

Me too. I always knew he was there before the knock came on the door because of the cart rattling.