Another Princess Sale Oct6-Nov17

MCC retired

I just priced a cruise I'm shopping for spring and will book as solo. The price hasn't gone down much, but I would get the $150 OBC ($75 X 2) for a balcony. It appears there are only certain cruises that qualify for the sale, so make sure you're looking at those cruises. For me, the deal isn't good enough to book yet. I'll keep waiting.

Singles screwed again. <sigh>

I booked last week (a B2B) and then saw the sale notice and thought "well of course...:rolleyes:"

But my booking was not part of the sale anyway - and I got a wonderful rate from my new TA!!!

..............A Personal Shout Out "Thank You Pam!!!"

(And sorry that singles are getting the shaft again. I will probably be in that group at some point.)

I hope others are finding some good deals with this one but I'm not seeing much anything special on the cruises I watch! Noticed that all these "specials" have been online for at least a week now, no changes today they just call it a name now.

That now seems to be routine for many of us...what was previously a general price reduction is now promoted as a big sale. It's good that for some passengers it has been beneficial however not for any of the cruises I'd consider & the OBC amounts are not enough to entice me to book anything.

Already had a 7 day booking with a non-refundable promo on a coastal cruise April 2016. This morning, TA changed old promo to Sun-drenched promo and now we have an extra $150 OBC. I'm happy!

We also had already booked a non-refundable promo on a coastal cruise in April 2016. Were you able to keep the cabin you had originally booked? When I called Princess, I could get the new promotion (only $25 OBC each for us because of the inside cabin), but I would not be able to keep the same cabin. I declined for now.

A person really needs to be careful and watch and compare.

About two weeks ago, we were going to book the 6 day Coral Princess for Jan.

Price was $449 for an inside. Check last week it was $519. Now on Sale its $499 with a $25. credit.

Not much of a sale if you are watching prices.

We are one of the lucky ones. I agree that not all sales are sales at all. We are booked on BtoB's on the Regal in January. We already had a fabulous price from our TA. We had been planning on paying for the cruises last week but had read on CC about the sale coming up so thought I'd just wait and see. For each cruise our fare went down with the sale AND our TA discount pricing $208 so a total of $416 savings PLUS we received the additional OBC of $150 on each cruise for a total of $300 OBC to add to the OBC we already have from the TA, using a FCC, loyalty and shareholders. We are pleased.

Note that commensurate with the new sale (OCT 6th), the exchange rate for CAD bookings in 2016 and beyond has been upped from 1.30 to 1.35.

They just changed it in August.

See "Canadian Princess Cruisers" thread for more details.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968249&page=39

Edited by steelers36

A person really needs to be careful and watch and compare.

About two weeks ago, we were going to book the 6 day Coral Princess for Jan.

Price was $449 for an inside. Check last week it was $519. Now on Sale its $499 with a $25. credit.

Not much of a sale if you are watching prices.

You are so right! I've been watching the prices on the January 19 cruise out of SF to Hawaii, last week inside cabin was $1,399, today $1,549 with $50 OBC. Not much of a sale if you have to raise prices to offer OBC. We are newly retired, and have always wanted to get those last minute rates. We are going to wait and see what happens after the final payment is due, then book if prices drop like they have for the Oct and Nov sailings.

For us there was no change in price on our cruise. It has been the same price for a while now. We even looked at other cruises in the month of Feb. and they are the same price as well. We do get $25 each for OBC. I guess it's better than nothing.

The sale says deposit is nonrefundable but does that mean we can transfer it if we decided to change cruises?

Our rate was the same as booked on a previous price drop, but we got additional OBC so I'm happy. The change to a non-refundable deposit is a non-issue since we are less than a week out from final payment.

We also had already booked a non-refundable promo on a coastal cruise in April 2016. Were you able to keep the cabin you had originally booked? When I called Princess, I could get the new promotion (only $25 OBC each for us because of the inside cabin), but I would not be able to keep the same cabin. I declined for now.

Previously booked with our wonderful TA. She got the new promo and kept our cabin. She dis mention she had to call Princess to give us the new promo so maybe that's why we were able to keep the same cabin.

I think we did pretty good. Our B2B is sold out now. We paid $1324 pp for the eastern and $1224 for the western. Still have our favorite mini suite. They are all sold out now. Plus $125pp each week OBC. Hope I don't sound like I'm bragging. Just happy. I'm sure other people got better deals. Glad we booked when we did. Since the mini suites are sold out, I doubt ours will drop anymore.:( Just saying I don't think any sale will help us.

Edited by Jules59

Well I suppose the good news is that this promo is not being offered in the Canadian market.:)

Yes it is being offered. They pretty much offer everything in both countries - and even if it wasn't you just book with a US TA to get it I should think.

Previously booked with our wonderful TA. She got the new promo and kept our cabin. She dis mention she had to call Princess to give us the new promo so maybe that's why we were able to keep the same cabin.

Thanks. Princess would give us the new promotion, but I was told we would have to change our cabin. I don't understand, so I may try again.

Had an email from Princess early evening on Monday regarding special pricing for Texas residents out of Houston. Thought I'd contact the TA the next day and explore. What I didn't realize is that Monday was the last day to include the beverage package on balcony and above cabins. We are booked on NCL January 2, two outside cabins with beverage package. Could have moved to balconies on the CB for just over $100 additional per cabin plus gotten $150 OBC. Since we are picking up the complete tab for four to celebrate our son and girlfriend's college graduations this would have been an awesome deal. Next time, book it right away with Princess and call the TA the next day.

Thanks. Princess would give us the new promotion, but I was told we would have to change our cabin. I don't understand, so I may try again.

Our TA was able to refare us, keep the same cabin we had picked on our btob cruises in January, keep the same poking number, get us a price that was much cheaper than Princess posted prices for the two cruises as well as the additional onboard credit that is combinable with all our other OBC's. We are happy. We had wanted to keep the same cabin for both cruises so we didn't have to change cabins.

Our TA was able to refare us, keep the same cabin we had picked on our btob cruises in January, keep the same poking number, get us a price that was much cheaper than Princess posted prices for the two cruises as well as the additional onboard credit that is combinable with all our other OBC's. We are happy. We had wanted to keep the same cabin for both cruises so we didn't have to change cabins.

We are dealing directly with Princess and do not have an outside TA. I wonder if this is why we couldn't keep our same cabin. She said something about we would have to switch to another cabin level (I'm assuming lower?) But, it does not make sense why we can't keep our cabin.

We would get the $150 OBC but the fare went up $100 each. It is still worth it, $50 is $50, but since it is nonrefundable, we probably won't make the change until right before our final payment is due in a couple of weeks (since the sale lasts past final payment date).