Celebrity we need more Pacific Coastal Itineraries!

norwegianwood57

[b[/b]

Why are there only 2 sailings to the Pacific Coastal, May and September and in 2016 it was cancelled in favor of a charter. Yes we were booked on the Cruisetour for that.

With all kinds of issues in Europe, we would like to see more itineraries for North America, Pacific Coastal specifically. Not Alaska, there is plenty for that, but Rockies in Canada, then down the west coast with overnights in SanDiego, San Fran etc.

Hopefully Celebrity will take note of that.

All comments are welcome.

Summarizing from previous threads, (do a search and you'll find them because this has come up several times before,) here are two reasons it's difficult

1 PVSA a means round trip cruises are very difficult and one way cruises have to either start or end in Vancouver or Ensenada

2 environmental restrictions in several ports

Summarizing from previous threads, (do a search and you'll find them because this has come up several times before,) here are two reasons it's difficult

1 PVSA a means round trip cruises are very difficult and one way cruises have to either start or end in Vancouver or Ensenada

2 environmental restrictions in several ports

I have been on 9 Pacific Coastal cruises in September, the latest being the September 4th 2015 9-night cruise in and out of San Francisco. That cruise went to Ensenada (mid-cruise), which is very close to San Diego, so not a problem there. Ensenada was as interesting as many Caribbean ports. Another Pacific Coastal that ended in Ensenada was more problematic, but only because the drive back to San Diego was not too enjoyable. Adding a Canadian port, Vancouver or Victoria is not difficult. We had a terrific Pacific Coastal that left from Vancouver and returned to Seattle on the Solstice.

I too have children that are teachers and would LOVE to take them down the California coast during on the Solstice during the summer. Surely they could add one summer Pacific Coastal into the mix. We can only go to Alaska so many times.

The ports available for Pacific Coastal cruises are terrific!!

WHAT???!!! They cancelled your cruise for next September?? Oh my goodness, I would be so upset. We only go on vacation every 2 years, and spend a lot of time planning where and when to go. I can't imagine the disappointment.

Yes, more cruises along that amazing coastline would be fantastic! I wish Royal would do a more port-intensive and longer itinerary along the Pacific. Now that Celebrity is accepting cruise points from the Royal Caribbean Visa program, we can use our points on both cruise lines. Hooray! Now to find an itinerary I actually like!

We booked with Princess...trying the Ruby for a southern Ca coastal cruise in 2017...they have northern itins too...but we've been up that way with X. Our cruise is RT LA (San Pedro) with a port stop at Ensenada..

They have specials going, on and off, and although we have no status level, we managed to get a few booking perks. Specials came just after we booked but had them pleasantly added...no arguments!

Looking forward to the itin and a diff experience. We booked a junior suite which seems equiv to size of AQ on X....

Not abandoning X but wanted that itin and X was limited.....

The Princess website is great compared to X, so you can can browse easily.

Edited by hcat

We booked with Princess...trying the Ruby for a southern Ca coastal cruise in 2017...they have northern itins too...but we've been up that way with X.

They have specials going, on and off, and although we have no status level, managed to get a few booking perks. Looking forward to the itin and a diff experience. We booked a junior suite which seems equiv to size of AQ on X....

Not abandoning X but wanted that itin and X was limited....

That's why we sailed Princess for New England as X didn't have the itineraries through the summer. Looks like we'll have to do the same with the west coast ;).

We enjoy cruising the Pacific Coast , we love the beautiful ports and the relaxed atmosphere. We will continue to cruise the Pacific Coast, we would prefer to sail with Celerity, however with their limited offerings we have turned to Princess for this itinerary.

Part of the problem there aren't many ports on the west coast that can cruised to. Many West coast cruises are short 3 , 4 and 5 cruises. HOW many times can you visit Ensenada in the winter. Vancouver and Victoria are to far North for cruises in the winter and the Pacific Ocean can be really wild and woolly.

Princess has just started cruises from Vancouver for Oct, Nov , Dec, Mar and April . They are to Hawaii and Pacific Coastal round trip from Vancouver.

Edited by Kamloops50

Part of the problem there aren't many ports on the west coast that can cruised to. Many West coast cruises are short 3 , 4 and 5 cruises. HOW many times can you visit Ensenada in the winter. Vancouver and Victoria are to far North for cruises in the winter and the Pacific Ocean can be really wild and woolly.

Princess has just started cruises from Vancouver for Oct, Nov , Dec, Mar and April . They are to Hawaii and Pacific Coastal round trip from Vancouver.

Best Pacific Coastal I have been on was a 12-night itinerary. There were TERRIFIC ports:

• Vancouver
  • Seattle
  • Astoria (I went to Cannon Beach...20 minute drive...wonderful artistic beach community) Astoria went out of its way to welcome cruisers
  • San Francisco
  • Monterey (with access to Carmel)
  • Santa Barbara (this wasn't included on my 12-night coastal but should have been...this is a great port)
  • Los Angeles
  • San Diego
  • Ensenada (much more interesting than I expected)
  • Victoria
  • Nanaimo (new cruise terminal, great welcome from this small city, very nice excursions

Our son lives in Los Angeles now and we would love to fly out there and take a cruise from LA. Unfortunately Celebrity never sails from L.A.

I agree. We just returned from a very relaxing cruise out of LA (LA/Catalina/Ensenada/LA plus one day at sea) on the Ruby Princess. We stayed on board except for about 1/2 hour at the Ensenada port. Princess has a large number of 3 and 4 day sailings that offer an experience identical to the full cruise of 7+ day cruises and are selling out consistently.

They also have a few "samplers" out of San Francisco.

I'd prefer sailing on Celebrity and suspect they'd do quite well.

[b[/b]

Why are there only 2 sailings to the Pacific Coastal, May and September and in 2016 it was cancelled in favor of a charter. Yes we were booked on the Cruisetour for that.

With all kinds of issues in Europe, we would like to see more itineraries for North America, Pacific Coastal specifically. Not Alaska, there is plenty for that, but Rockies in Canada, then down the west coast with overnights in SanDiego, San Fran etc.

Hopefully Celebrity will take note of that.

All comments are welcome.

It sounds like a great cruise for families with small children who do not have to travel far to get to the port.

Best Pacific Coastal I have been on was a 12-night itinerary. There were TERRIFIC ports:

• Vancouver
  • Seattle
  • Astoria (I went to Cannon Beach...20 minute drive...wonderful artistic beach community) Astoria went out of its way to welcome cruisers
  • San Francisco
  • Monterey (with access to Carmel)
  • Santa Barbara (this wasn't included on my 12-night coastal but should have been...this is a great port)
  • Los Angeles
  • San Diego
  • Ensenada (much more interesting than I expected)
  • Victoria
  • Nanaimo (new cruise terminal, great welcome from this small city, very nice excursions

Five of these ports can only be used from late spring to early fall. Otherwise the weather can be cold , wet and windy.

It sounds like a great cruise for families with small children who do not have to travel far to get to the port.

West coast cruises can certainly be one way - LA to Seattle via Vancouver for example or Long Beach round trip to SFO via Ensenada. There used to be lots of cruises out of Long Beach (LA) to Mexico but the port situation has made those cruises not a good idea. Am guessing the issue is a combination of dockage limitations in virtually every West coast port along with reall no ports between SFO and Seattle except Astoria (limitations on size of ship).

I do agree and have done several in the past. Had a group of 75 couples who wanted to do West coast and we did it but not on Celebrity due to no availability.

There are PLENTY of ports on the Left Coast to keep Celebrity busy! I absolutely enjoyed my Solstice repo. cruise from Ensenada to Seattle a few years ago and have done plenty of coastals on other lines. I wish they'd do more of the round-trip LA cruises or even San Diego which would be even better!

There are so many ports in Mexico that aren't over-done (La Paz, Loreto, Ixtapa/Zihautenego, etc.) and would be great cruises for Celebrity to do. If they would just sail out of San Diego or LA, I'm sure they'd entice a lot of passengers if they mixed up the usual Mex. Riv. itinerary.

One thing is the size of the Celebrity fleet and where the cruises are in the biggest demand.

Celebrity only has three ships in Alaska each year. One goes to Australia, one to Asia and the third to the Carribean. When the new canal opens . They might send more ships to the West Coast thru the Panama.

Yes we had an amazing cruise tour planned. We would fly to Calgary, do the Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper, Banff, then to Vancouver, take the Infinity to all the west coast ports. It was a dream itinerary. We booked it as soon as it came out for sept 2016. Very disappointed when it vanished off the Celeb screen, only to be told much later that Celeb decided to charter to a large company. Yes we got 100obc towards a future cruise. Booked the med as NOTHING Like this itinerary was available for a fall cruise. But have done the med several times.

Really would like to spend some time in North America. That is my preference and my opinion, no need for sarcasm from anyone and yes Celebrity would do well to offer more of North America especially west coast.

Really hope they take note that they are lacking itineraries for that part of the world.

We dont wish to sail with Princess or Holland America.

As for starting a debate why maybe one would not want to do European capitals or fly into and out of European airports, at this time. I leave that for someone else.

Edited by norwegianwood57

Would love to see Celebrity have more cruises out of ports other than Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Bayonne.The west coast would be delightful and one I would seriously consider. I forget which cruise line it was but I saw something called a "Wine Cruise" which hit several west coast ports. I think, emphasis on "think" it left from Vancouver and went down the coast. It may have been a repo cruise for the ship, but it was one heck of an itinerary.

Would love to see Celebrity have more cruises out of ports other than Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Bayonne.The west coast would be delightful and one I would seriously consider. I forget which cruise line it was but I saw something called a "Wine Cruise" which hit several west coast ports. I think, emphasis on "think" it left from Vancouver and went down the coast. It may have been a repo cruise for the ship, but it was one heck of an itinerary.

Did the wine cruise around 7 years ago on Princess and it was wonderful. Vancouver to San Diego.

Celebrity needs to follow suite.

Since this thread is more fantasy than reality, I might as well post what I'd like to see Celebrity do. Since Pacific Coastal cruises are limited to Spring and Fall, I'd like to see Celebrity do alternating itineraries with Seattle-based Solstice during the summer months.

Week 1 - Round Trip Alaska from Seattle

Week 2 - Round Trip Pacific Coastal from Seattle

Although anyone can book just one 7 night cruise, market heavily as a 14-day B2B for those wishing to maximize touring the West Coast and Alaska combined.

A 7 night Pacific Coastal from Seattle could easily incorporate stops in San Francisco, Monterey and Victoria. Because of Monterey's close proximity to San Francisco, you could easily schedule a long, full day in SF until late evening. To go as far south as LA in 7 days might be a stretch due to distances involved.

Substitute Nanaimo for Victoria on the Alaska sailings since the short Victoria stop isn't the "crown jewel" drawing point of that itinerary anyway compared to Ketchikan, Juneau, etc. ;Instead, put Victoria on the Pacific Coastal sailings as it would be possible to schedule a full day there (compared to the Alaska cruises). Scheduling Nanaimo on the Alaska itinerary would prevent those sailing 14-day B2B from repeating Victoria.

Would folks residing East of the Mississippi be more apt to come to the West Coast if they could combine a Pacific Coastal with Alaska for a two week summer trip?