Celebrity we need more Pacific Coastal Itineraries!

norwegianwood57

[b[/b]

Why are there only 2 sailings to the Pacific Coastal, May and September and in 2016 it was cancelled in favor of a charter. Yes we were booked on the Cruisetour for that.

With all kinds of issues in Europe, we would like to see more itineraries for North America, Pacific Coastal specifically. Not Alaska, there is plenty for that, but Rockies in Canada, then down the west coast with overnights in SanDiego, San Fran etc.

Hopefully Celebrity will take note of that.

All comments are welcome.

My DH & I just talked about this very thing today...would love more Pacific Coast itineraries

I believe it was Mercury that did the wine cruise.

I think the main problem is the PSVA act- cannot sail out of one US port and into another without calling at a foreign country.

I was on ( what I believe) to be one of the last cruises by Century from Hawaii to San Diego. Well that was what it was advertised as, but we had to disembark in Ensenada and be bussed into San Diego. There were so many complaints that I believe Celebrity pulled out as it was heavily criticised for the 'debacle,' so many passengers missed their flights and the ship arrived in San Diego before the majority of the 35 buses. Not even US citizens could see the sense in it, let alone citizens of other countries.

Get rid of this out of date law and you might get more cruises along the west coast.

Agree the wine cruise itinerary would be nice. I also would love more pacific cruises. And while we are at it, add a few more Panama Canal la/San Diego to Florida sailings. They always sell fast and at high rices.

Isn't the problem the short cruises?

I'm from the UK and we like 14 nighters, 3,4,5 or even 7 nights are too short, hardly enough time to unpack;)

We would love a west coast cruise taking in South America as well as north , plus hawaii.

I am fully aware of the logistical issues regarding PVSA, West Coast Port constrictions, just wish it could happen.

We did the Fall 2013 11 day from Vancouver to San Diego, and it was wonderful. This was on the Century. We had the chance to be on a Solstice Class ship, but that would have entailed the Ensenada End, so we gave that up for the older ship. No regrets.

The funniest thing happened on a tender back to the ship in Monterey: a woman whom I had seen that morning at Breakfast looked a bit different, and I asked her if she was, indeed the same woman I had been speaking with earlier that AM. She laughed and said that they lived nearby and she went home to throw some laundry in the washer and get her hair cut and colored.

I would do it again if the itineraries we in the summer months, as I work in a school and had to take unpaid time off. I love the idea of the B2B Alaska/Coastal trip.

Best Pacific Coastal I have been on was a 12-night itinerary. There were TERRIFIC ports:

• Vancouver
  • Seattle
  • Astoria (I went to Cannon Beach...20 minute drive...wonderful artistic beach community) Astoria went out of its way to welcome cruisers
  • San Francisco
  • Monterey (with access to Carmel)
  • Santa Barbara (this wasn't included on my 12-night coastal but should have been...this is a great port)
  • Los Angeles
  • San Diego
  • Ensenada (much more interesting than I expected)
  • Victoria
  • Nanaimo (new cruise terminal, great welcome from this small city, very nice excursions

Agree. Especially like Astoria Oregon. I grew up in Oregon and an Astoria stop would be highly rewarded.

- Joel

We did the Pacific Coastal cruise on Celebrity about 4 or 5 years ago - think it was the Galaxy or Century shortly before it was sold. It started in Vancouver and ended in San Diego, with an overnight in San Francisco. It was a wonderful sightseeing cruise and we would do it again.

Our favourite Celebrity cruise was in 2012 on the the Century, 10 nights, Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Seattle, overnight San Francisco, Monterey, Catalina Island, San Deigo.

We have family in Vancouver who we stayed with before the cruise and my aunt lives in LA, so stayed with her at the end.

My DH drives a London Black Taxi for a living and would rather not drive on vacation. We have always wanted to see the west coast of America, so this cruise was perfect for us.

We would so love to do this again.

Come on Celebrity, we're waiting!!

Adele :)

Edited by karpela

Hoping someone from Celebrity is noticing this. Too late for fall of 2017 as these itineraries will be out around December or January.

What makes me angry is that there were only two cruisetours for Pacific Coastal, one in Sept and one in May, the Sept was cancelled and booked by charter. We will try again for 2017 in the hope that the same thing does not happen again.

Many were very angry over the cancellation so maybe Celebrity will not want to deal with that again . Of course money talks, so if a large charter comes along, giving them substantially more money, of course they will cancel again. Who cares about all the people who booked and gave the deposit in good faith.

Hoping someone from Celebrity is noticing this. Too late for fall of 2017 as these itineraries will be out around December or January.

What makes me angry is that there were only two cruisetours for Pacific Coastal, one in Sept and one in May, the Sept was cancelled and booked by charter. We will try again for 2017 in the hope that the same thing does not happen again.

Many were very angry over the cancellation so maybe Celebrity will not want to deal with that again . Of course money talks, so if a large charter comes along, giving them substantially more money, of course they will cancel again. Who cares about all the people who booked and gave the deposit in good faith.

The Millie is doing 2 coastals in September 2016. September 18 and September 25.

Hoping someone from Celebrity is noticing this. Too late for fall of 2017 as these itineraries will be out around December or January.----

They don't seem to take booked passengers feelings into account!

We were booked on to the final Century sailing, Dubai- Rome. She had been sold to CDF ( the French branch of RCCL)

They then redeployed the ship, so it sailed from Rome to Singapore. We couldn't go on that sailing, as we had work commitments.

Edited by upwarduk

Sorry, not the Millie, it's the Infinity doing the September Pacific Coastals. They are nice iitineraries, round trip Vancouver.

Unfortunately, Canada has very strict rules for allowing travelers to visit.

We love Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruise. We're starting to look at Princess cruises. We've been very loyal Celebrity cruisers but if they don't offer the cruises that we want, we may have to look elsewhere.

We love Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruise. We're starting to look at Princess cruises. We've been very loyal Celebrity cruisers but if they don't offer the cruises that we want, we may have to look elsewhere.

Most countries other the US have strict rules and enforce them at the border.

Hi Patty:

I know the issue that you are talking about, and had heard that the rules had been relaxed. You might want to look into this.

I enjoyed meeting you and your husband on the Infinity in September. :)

Sorry, not the Millie, it's the Infinity doing the September Pacific Coastals. They are nice iitineraries, round trip Vancouver.[/quote

Yes they cancelled us on the tourcruise so they could do 2 , 7 day cruises. 7 day cruises do not interest us, when spending so much for airfare.

I am often surprised at Celebrity's lack of creativity when it comes to itineraries.

The ports on the two 7-night Pacific Coastal cruises in September 2016 are almost the same. With such a good section of available ports, it's sad that better variety could not be offered. We would be happy to do a B2B if a good variety of ports were offered, but not to repeat virtually the same itineraries. And I sincerely regret that San Diego is on neither itinerary.

If it's a case of berths not being available, perhaps Celebrity should be working on the itineraries earlier. Although Nanaimo is probably available, and it's a nice, friendly little port with some very interesting excursion possibilities. :)