Celebrity we need more Pacific Coastal Itineraries!

norwegianwood57

The problems that both Celebrity & Royal Caribbean deployments are that they rarely have cruises from any California ports that are round trip . This does not take into account Alaska ;which have R/T from Vancouver ;but ,not California ports . At one time Celebrity did many R/T California port cruises & so did Royal Caribbean :)

We have done over 40 Celebrity & many Royal cruises as well as HAL ,Princess & Carnival . Our preference has been Celebrity ;but ,as we get older our inclination to have to fly 2 ways has taken a back burner .Thus ,we now seek other than Celebrity cruises;)

Most countries other the US have strict rules and enforce them at the border.

That's true but we've never had the problem with any other country.

I know the issue that you are talking about, and had heard that the rules had been relaxed. You might want to look into this.

We're looking into it but we have a family member who will probably never be allowed into Canada due to an old felony and he loves to cruise. We would love to the a wine cruise with them but we can't if the cruise includes Canada.

The problems that both Celebrity & Royal Caribbean deployments are that they rarely have cruises from any California ports that are round trip . This does not take into account Alaska ;which have R/T from Vancouver ;but ,not California ports . At one time Celebrity did many R/T California port cruises & so did Royal Caribbean :)

We have done over 40 Celebrity & many Royal cruises as well as HAL ,Princess & Carnival . Our preference has been Celebrity ;but ,as we get older our inclination to have to fly 2 ways has taken a back burner .Thus ,we now seek other than Celebrity cruises;)

Maybe Celebrity needs to have a West Coast User Group to help them plan the Pacific Coastal itineraries. I have some great suggestions for Pacific Coastal itineraries. :D I have been on 9 Pacific Coastals and all of them have been great. :)

Three of those cruises were Wine Cruises, on the Century, Millennium and Solstice and all of them were so much fun.

I don't mind flying to anywhere on the California West Coast. The flights have all been direct flights....quick, painless and not too expensive.

Although I prefer to sail Celebrity, two of my next cruises are on other lines, and now I will have to start to look at other cruise lines for Pacific Coastals.

What I really want Celebrity to add is just one Pacific Coastal cruise on the Solstice during the summer, when my children who are teachers can come along.

I have been calling for more West Coast cruises from Celebrity and Royal Caribbean for years...

With the abandonment of the West Coast by X/RCI, I have become a Platinum Captain's Circle member on Princess...I've taken two Princess cruises out of LA in the past year and have another scheduled for November--a 5-nighter out of LA to Cabo...

Interestingly enough, in my mail today, I received a new "Winter Collection" brochure from Oceania...with cruises all the way through Summer 2017...

A lot of very interesting itineraries, including:

November 25, 2016 16 nights on Sirena...Miami to LOS ANGELES

December 11, 2016 10 nights on Sirena...LOS ANGELES round trip with stops in Catalina, Emnsenada, Cabo, La Paz, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta

December 22, 2016 16 nights on Regatta ...Miami to LOS ANGELES

December 21, 2016 14 nights on Sirena...LOS ANGELES round trip...Catalina, San Diego, Ensenada, Cabo, La Paz, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Manzanillo, Acapulco

January 17, 2017 16 nights on Regatta LOS ANGELES to Miami

January 7, 2017 10 nights on Regatta LOS ANGELES round trip...San Diego, Cabo, La Paz, Tobolobampo, La Paz, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta

April 24 16 nights on Regatta Miami to SAN FRANCISCO

June 6, 2017 15 nights on Sirena LOS ANGELES to Miami

January 4, 20177 21 nights on Sirena LOS ANGELES to Papeete

May 10, 2017 10 nights on Regatta SAN FRANCISCO to Vancouver (Alaska sailing)

That's 10 LONG cruises in or out of West Coast ports including 3 round trips from Los Angeles for a cruise line that only has 6 ships...

Note also that Oceania is not just sending old, worn-out ships here...The Sirena is the newest addition to their fleet...

...That's 10 LONG cruises in or out of West Coast ports including 3 round trips from Los Angeles for a cruise line that only has 6 ships...

Note also that Oceania is not just sending old, worn-out ships here...The Sirena is the newest addition to their fleet...

That's really great news, Steve. Back in the day (I'm guessing 15-25 years ago) Princess owned the "mexican Riviera' market with the Love Boat aspect, and Carnival and NCL owned the sampler 3 and 4 day short cruise market Catalina, Ensenada) but dropped out for whatever reason.

IMHO, the west coast market is Celebrity's for the taking...if they ever notice.

Did it several yrs. ago on Centurys last exit from Miami. I am talkng the NW coast. It was a bore and ship was no way near full. Not a money maker.

I guess what is boring to one person is full of life to another:p.....I was

on Century in 2011....she sailed out of San Diego up the coast ending

in Vancouver. I had a fabulous cruise and was not bored at all. She had an

overnight stop in San Francisco. I remember taking one of the local

bus tours....it rained that day but I still had fun. I took the tour,

then walked around Ghiradelli Square and had lunch at Scoma's....

And the next day I had lunch with a friend from the ship at a restaurant

in the Embarcadaro.......I loved that cruise:)

Edited by Lois R

Hope Celebrity notices that there are great advertisements here for Oceania and Princess, who find Pacific Itineraries profitable.

Come on Celebrity, there is definitely a need for a variety of Pacific Coastal itineraries. My preferences being with a Canadian cruisetour portion, Calgary, Banff, Jasper on the Rockymountaineer Rail. Expensive but a bucket list type of tour cruise.

When on Eclipse in the summer, we mentioned to an Officer that we were disappointed that there was only one ship sailing from the UK.

His answer" We have one ship less in the fleet and we find ships difficult to fill in the UK."

Maybe the same could be applied to Pacific Coastal cruises.

Hope Celebrity notices that there are great advertisements here for Oceania and Princess, who find Pacific Itineraries profitable.

Come on Celebrity, there is definitely a need for a variety of Pacific Coastal itineraries. My preferences being with a Canadian cruisetour portion, Calgary, Banff, Jasper on the Rockymountaineer Rail. Expensive but a bucket list type of tour cruise.

Sometimes instead of wishing and wanting a product to be what you want it to be you have to actually purchase the product from someone that is offering it.

Other lines have what you seek. It might cost more, many times I have to pay more to get what I want.

It's apparent Celebrity has made their choice on what markets and areas it wants to serve. It's up to us as consumers to make our choice on what we're going to do.

Yes, it would be nice for all of us to be able to cruise from a port close to home, those of us in the Midwest have a hard time having any sympathy for that sentiment though.

If these cruises had made money for Celebrity when they offered them, then they would still be showing up on itineraries every year. I remember when Celebrity and RCI were offering these itineraries, they had to sell the rooms for very cheap to fill up the ships. Cruise lines aren't a charity to cater to the minority, they are a business that needs to make money and they send their ships where they can command a profitable fare. I completely understand the desire for these shorter cruises close to home, but I assume most people are like me and prefer sailing to more exotic destinations. I think offering the two 7-day West Coast itineraries in 2016 are sufficient, and there are plenty of other cruise lines offering different variations in this routing for people to choose from. I think Celebrity does a nice job in offering cruises to a variety of ports, but they don't offer everything which is why I book with Azamara as well.

Michael

Unfortunately, Canada has very strict rules for allowing travelers to visit.

We love Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera cruise. We're starting to look at Princess cruises. We've been very loyal Celebrity cruisers but if they don't offer the cruises that we want, we may have to look elsewhere.

Some of the Princess coastal itins are USA and Ensenada...easier than embarking from Vancouver... cheaper air to Ca and no "rules."

If these cruises had made money for Celebrity when they offered them, then they would still be showing up on itineraries every year. I remember when Celebrity and RCI were offering these itineraries, they had to sell the rooms for very cheap to fill up the ships. Cruise lines aren't a charity to cater to the minority, they are a business that needs to make money and they send their ships where they can command a profitable fare. I completely understand the desire for these shorter cruises close to home, but I assume most people are like me and prefer sailing to more exotic destinations. I think offering the two 7-day West Coast itineraries in 2016 are sufficient, and there are plenty of other cruise lines offering different variations in this routing for people to choose from. I think Celebrity does a nice job in offering cruises to a variety of ports, but they don't offer everything which is why I book with Azamara as well.

Michael

It really annoyed us when Celebrity rented out Infinity as hotel rooms and cancelled several cruises that were already booked by many cruisers and selling quite well...even worse, they kept us dangling for quite awhile til the contracts were finalized.... we were lucky to be able to shift our plans..others could not,,,but trying other lines is a good suggestion

we booked Princess for ca coastal 2017...and even got some perks included!

I am loyal to X and have booked Pacific Coastal on Infinity next May. Like Bruin Steve I have also become Platinum on Princess because of their West Coast Departures. I will also be on the 5 day Cabo in November. X has a lot of loyal passengers who live on the West Coast. Let`s keep this alive so they can hear from us ! Burned out on long flight to Europe and Florida.

The Millie is doing 2 coastals in September 2016. September 18 and September 25.

Some TA sites are showing this for the Infinity...not seeing either of these on Celebrity's site, though ... and nothing about the Millie.

This is how the Alaska cruise for this past Sept was showing up as well...right before they announced the cancellation for a charter.

I am interested in the one on the 25th that ends in San Francisco ... but booked a RCCL coastal instead because I am afraid this one may be canceled.

We also are hoping for better West coast options. Our recent west coast gave us a true understanding of how much we needed the cruise. If i had flown 7 to 13 hours to get there I would have thought it was jet lag.

Some TA sites are showing this for the Infinity...not seeing either of these on Celebrity's site, though ... and nothing about the Millie.

When you check on X's web site, check for Date = September 2016 & Ship = Infinity. They don't come up if you select by destination of Pacific Coastal. The Infinity is doing the September PC's, I made a mistake & corrected it in a later post when I said it was the Millie. Shirley

When you check on X's web site, check for Date = September 2016 & Ship = Infinity. They don't come up if you select by destination of Pacific Coastal. The Infinity is doing the September PC's, I made a mistake & corrected it in a later post when I said it was the Millie. Shirley

Exactly....I didn't see it on the Celebrity site but you could go through the entire booking on other sites ... when they could very well cancel it.

While Celebrity is my absolute favorite in every way, I am trying out RCCL as they have a number of coastals next year on the Explorer and I also receive reciprocal benefits as we are elite on Celebrity. I only wish cruiselines other than Princess would use San Francisco as an embarkation port. Don't get me wrong, we are elite on Princess and they do offer a great product but like to shake things up a bit. I teased the captain on Celebrity last time that his company is sending us to the Seawitch....and please come back to San Francisco. Out of the future cruises I currently have booked, 4 of them are on Princess because they are just offering itineraries and embarkation / debarkation ports that are much more appealing to me. The one I have on RCCL is doable because it only requires a flight to Seattle but the ones on Celebrity each require a flight clear across the country. Those flights are nearly as much as one entire cruise fare for 2 on Princess. :eek:

We will fly cross country for our pacific coastal cruise on Princess..have done that for an inside Passage and a Hawaii itin on X, and a Mex riviera on Royal C....expecting another long flight one way, once we book Panama Canal...

Agree that the long distance and time changes make it a bigger deal....but seems there'd be enough interest from many cruisers...esp for the wine country itins..