Turning Pinnacle Soon!

We will be making "P" shortly. Some ships seem to do the occasion in a bigger way than others. We'll be on Majesty. Anything different they do there?

I Have been Majesty once for someone making Pinnacle. They did the presentation at the top tier party, and also made them a cake that said "700". However- That was about a year ago, so not sure if that is still what they do or not.

Sad but true. An event that should have the same recognition on board all ships, but they just don't do it that way. :(:mad:

Another note to the OP or anyone reaching PC level is that your complimentary cruise does not have to be a 7 day cruise, it can be applied to an already booked cruise (with no repricing) and you won't lose any C&A discounts/OBC that may be attached to that booking. You really don't a certificate for the complimentary cruise. Just by calling C&A D+ desk and giving them your C&A Number will be more than enough info on your points level.

If you use it on a cruise longer than 7 days, the cruise fare will be prorated with the $1200pp amount factored in.

If you know when and what ship you are going to be earning that 700th point, it is a very good idea to notify the C&A D+ desk prior to that particular cruise.

I also agree it is a good idea to let the Crown and Anchor desk know and or send an email to the Concierge on the ship so you can know for sure they are aware that you will be reaching 700 on that cruise (As we all know sometimes the computer does fall behind).

• 4 months later...
Sad but true. An event that should have the same recognition on board all ships, but they just don't do it that way. :(:mad:

Another note to the OP or anyone reaching PC level is that your complimentary cruise does not have to be a 7 day cruise, it can be applied to an already booked cruise (with no repricing) and you won't lose any C&A discounts/OBC that may be attached to that booking. You really don't a certificate for the complimentary cruise. Just by calling C&A D+ desk and giving them your C&A Number will be more than enough info on your points level.

If you use it on a cruise longer than 7 days, the cruise fare will be prorated with the $1200pp amount factored in.

If you know when and what ship you are going to be earning that 700th point, it is a very good idea to notify the C&A D+ desk prior to that particular cruise.

Earlier today I had one of the most unpleasant phone calls that I have ever had with Royal. Patty I have followed your post for years because you give great advice based upon your knowledgeable of the latest changes within Royal Caribbean. Having read your advice above, I decided to call the diamond plus desk to talk to them about our (my wife and I) upcoming cruise on which we will reach our 700th cruise point. Currently we have 683 points and our next cruise is 14 days long, which at one point per day would leave us short of 700. However, we are booked in a junior suite and thus receive two (2) points per day which puts us over 700. I called the diamond plus desk with what I thought was a simple request; could or would they send a message to the cruise ship letting them know that I was booked in a junior suite and would go over 700 points during the cruise. I was surprised at their response.

I received what I will politely refer to as a lecture on tier benefits and accession policies. I was told, without a chance to interrupt or interject, that it was my responsibility to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador; I would not get any new benefits; I would not be recognized at the new tier level; I must wait until points are posted in their system before I would be recognized in a formal ceremony if the ship chooses to do so. And, if the loyalty ambassador on my B2B follow-on cruise allows me to, I could fill out the paperwork for pinnacle although I would still be diamond plus (stressed) until the points are posted. She also pointed out that posting does not normally occur for about 7 days, so I would not be recognized at the new tier level on the 2nd leg of the B2B. I only made one request at the beginning of the call, would you send a message to the ship letting them know about the 2 points per day issue. I never requested any policy statements.

When the representative finally took a break to breath, I asked are you sure about --- interrupted with I will check with my supervisor. I never asked to talk to a supervisor. I was put on hold for ten minutes. When she came back she told me “my supervisor confirms everything I told you”. Frustrated, I said OK I understand that it is all on me and I have to talk to the loyalty ambassador, which one? Do I talk to the one on the cruise that we go over 700 (she already told me that this one doesn’t count), the one on the B2B (also told that one doesn’t count) or the one on the cruise after the 700 points have been posted? Her response: sir, you have to talk to the loyalty ambassador. At this point I asked her for a response to my original request about sending a message to the ship. She started all over, I had no choice but to squeeze in a have a nice day and hang up. I guess in a way I got my answer -- NO.

I still believe the advice on this subject from Patty and others is sound. I also wish that anyone that follows it has better luck than I. I have only made two calls to RCI, one to the IT department, a total disaster, and now one to the diamond plus desk to a reject from the IT department.

Duane

Earlier today I had one of the most unpleasant phone calls that I have ever had with Royal. Patty I have followed your post for years because you give great advice based upon your knowledgeable of the latest changes within Royal Caribbean. Having read your advice above, I decided to call the diamond plus desk to talk to them about our (my wife and I) upcoming cruise on which we will reach our 700th cruise point. Currently we have 683 points and our next cruise is 14 days long, which at one point per day would leave us short of 700. However, we are booked in a junior suite and thus receive two (2) points per day which puts us over 700. I called the diamond plus desk with what I thought was a simple request; could or would they send a message to the cruise ship letting them know that I was booked in a junior suite and would go over 700 points during the cruise. I was surprised at their response.

I received what I will politely refer to as a lecture on tier benefits and accession policies. I was told, without a chance to interrupt or interject, that it was my responsibility to talk to the Loyalty Ambassador; I would not get any new benefits; I would not be recognized at the new tier level; I must wait until points are posted in their system before I would be recognized in a formal ceremony if the ship chooses to do so. And, if the loyalty ambassador on my B2B follow-on cruise allows me to, I could fill out the paperwork for pinnacle although I would still be diamond plus (stressed) until the points are posted. She also pointed out that posting does not normally occur for about 7 days, so I would not be recognized at the new tier level on the 2nd leg of the B2B. I only made one request at the beginning of the call, would you send a message to the ship letting them know about the 2 points per day issue. I never requested any policy statements.

When the representative finally took a break to breath, I asked are you sure about --- interrupted with I will check with my supervisor. I never asked to talk to a supervisor. I was put on hold for ten minutes. When she came back she told me “my supervisor confirms everything I told you”. Frustrated, I said OK I understand that it is all on me and I have to talk to the loyalty ambassador, which one? Do I talk to the one on the cruise that we go over 700 (she already told me that this one doesn’t count), the one on the B2B (also told that one doesn’t count) or the one on the cruise after the 700 points have been posted? Her response: sir, you have to talk to the loyalty ambassador. At this point I asked her for a response to my original request about sending a message to the ship. She started all over, I had no choice but to squeeze in a have a nice day and hang up. I guess in a way I got my answer -- NO.

I still believe the advice on this subject from Patty and others is sound. I also wish that anyone that follows it has better luck than I. I have only made two calls to RCI, one to the IT department, a total disaster, and now one to the diamond plus desk to a reject from the IT department.

Duane

Duane, I am sorry that you had a bad telephone experience.

The fact is, those people have nothing to do with this.

Just board your cruise and go chat with the LA. It will all work out as you expect: You will turn Pinnacle on the first cruise. There will be some sort of recognition - some ships/LAs do a better job than others; this can't be predicted - and you will be Pinnacle from then on. Period. You should get your Gold SeaPass card on Day 9 of your cruise, if not before.

No worries.

:)

Duane, the unfortunate part with calling C&A is that not all agents understand that reaching PC is treated all together differently than any other level.

Carol has given you the same great advice I would have. See the LA on board when you first board. She/he will take care of everything for you. Congratulations on reaching Pinnacle Club and enjoy your cruise.:)

On a semi related note.....about milestone blocks.

All of our other blocks have been presented "on the ship that you made the milestone points", as it is listed. No problems.

However, this last time on Serenade the LA told me (even though I turned the milestone on the 2nd day of that cruise) that I would have to wait until the points were posted to my account. Thus I would get the block on my next cruise. Huh?

No big deal, since I decided since I would rather have a "Goodbye to the Enchantment" memento block for our cruise on her the next couple of weeks anyway. And wow, they do make you feel special when you get one of the blocks on Enchantment. :)

I thought it strange about what the LA on Serenade told me. And I am assuming she was wrong, from what the LA on Enchantment told me. Anyone have this experience?

All of our other blocks have been presented "on the ship that you made the milestone points", as it is listed. No problems.

However, this last time on Serenade the LA told me (even though I turned the milestone on the 2nd day of that cruise) that I would have to wait until the points were posted to my account. Thus I would get the block on my next cruise. Huh?

No big deal, since I decided since I would rather have a "Goodbye to the Enchantment" memento block for our cruise on her the next couple of weeks anyway. And wow, they do make you feel special when you get one of the blocks on Enchantment. :)

I thought it strange about what the LA on Serenade told me. And I am assuming she was wrong, from what the LA on Enchantment told me. Anyone have this experience?

That is not true at all. You are to receive the block on the ship where you have earned your specific number of milestone points for.

It is unfortunate that some of the LA's do not read the fine print when it comes to C&A benefits. Under Benefits on the C&A website it clearly states....

4. A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter. One per household.

Edited by cruisenfever

That is not true at all. You are to receive the block on the ship where you have earned your specific number of milestone points for.

It is unfortunate that some of the LA's do not read the fine print when it comes to C&A benefits. Under Benefits on the C&A website it clearly states....

4. A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter. One per household.

That was how I read it also, and how I experienced it on all of the other milestone cruises. Thanks for confirming that for me. As always, you are a wealth of information and help to us all.

Thanks Patti! :)

We got our very first block on our Serenade Cruise this fall. I had read that you often got an invitation to the top tier party to ask you to rsvp that you would attend. When I did not get this I contact the LA and couple of days before the event. She told me I was not on the list and it was too late to include me. She had already made out the certificates. She said I would get it on the next cruise.

I politely reminded her it was not my mistake that the list was incorrect and that I wanted a Serenade block. [Our next cruise will be on Grandeur. We sail that ship more often from Baltimore. It is more likely we will get a Grandeur block at a future date. . . and we sailed Serenade 3 times in 2015. Grr! ]

She came back the next day and told us to sit in the front row of the theater during the party and that we would get our block.

We got our very first block on our Serenade Cruise this fall. I had read that you often got an invitation to the top tier party to ask you to rsvp that you would attend. When I did not get this I contact the LA and couple of days before the event. She told me I was not on the list and it was too late to include me. She had already made out the certificates. She said I would get it on the next cruise.

I politely reminded her it was not my mistake that the list was incorrect and that I wanted a Serenade block. [Our next cruise will be on Grandeur. We sail that ship more often from Baltimore. It is more likely we will get a Grandeur block at a future date. . . and we sailed Serenade 3 times in 2015. Grr! ]

She came back the next day and told us to sit in the front row of the theater during the party and that we would get our block.

I am assuming you and I are not the only ones that have experienced the LA on Serenade

as being quite uninformed. Perhaps at some point she will get a clue. ;)

700 points for pinnacle? I was getting myself excited over nothing because Im getting close to 350, and I thought that was the magic number lol. Congrats to the OP, seems I've got lots of cruising to do to catch you!

700 points for pinnacle? I was getting myself excited over nothing because Im getting close to 350, and I thought that was the magic number lol. Congrats to the OP, seems I've got lots of cruising to do to catch you!

From what I have heard, the changes are coming in May. That carrot might even

be further up in numbers by then. I hope not, but that is the rumor so far. :(

Thanks Carol and Patty for your input. I was pretty confident that I knew how the process works onboard ships, so I did not put much credence in what she was saying. I was just so taken aback by the representative’s attitude. We have been diamond plus for 5 years and this was the first time that I have called the diamond plus desk. As stated, I was a little disappointed. I assumed that they would be more knowledgeable than they were. Once again I have learned the definition of the word assume. Anyway, I will have to call the desk one more time to work on getting our “free” cruise. Hope the conversation goes better this time.

I have heard that the Vision is a good ship on which to make Pinnacle. Here’s hoping that I have heard correctly.

Again, thanks for the clarification on the process.

Duane

Thanks Carol and Patty for your input. I was pretty confident that I knew how the process works onboard ships, so I did not put much credence in what she was saying. I was just so taken aback by the representative’s attitude. We have been diamond plus for 5 years and this was the first time that I have called the diamond plus desk. As stated, I was a little disappointed. I assumed that they would be more knowledgeable than they were. Once again I have learned the definition of the word assume. Anyway, I will have to call the desk one more time to work on getting our “free” cruise. Hope the conversation goes better this time.

I have heard that the Vision is a good ship on which to make Pinnacle. Here’s hoping that I have heard correctly.

Again, thanks for the clarification on the process.

Duane

When you get ready to book your "free" cruise, call the D+ desk and ask for Resolutions. Sid or Peter can take care of you. Congratulations and welcome to the Pinnacle Club.

Thanks everyone!!

I didn't think there was anything else that I needed to do but always want to check. :)

I would print off proof of your points listed on the RCL page before you leave home and take it with you. Just in case there is a problem with the 3 of points etc.

Then let the LA know when you board that you are turing Pinnacle on that cruise.

You will be given a form to fill out on your address and name you want on the pin and Stratum that they will send to your home.

It can take a lot longer than they predict, we had to contact C&A after 10 weeks!! Others had issues too, so be on top of it and let them know if i tis taking too long to arrive. We got 2 deliveries at different times. Pins in one box and Stratum with the Certificate for a discounted cruise.

Congratulations!!!!:)

Hello Everyone,

I will turn Pinnacle in November on Liberty of the Seas. Is there anything that I need to do prior to the sailing? Someone suggested that I see the Loyalty Ambassador as soon as I board the ship to tell her about it. Do I need to call anyone ahead of time? Alot of my friends are going to be onboard to help me celebrate.

Thanks very much for any information!

WOW

Congrats on this milestone.

Enjoy

Safe travels

I am assuming you and I are not the only ones that have experienced the LA on Serenade

as being quite uninformed. Perhaps at some point she will get a clue. ;)

Yep, experienced that LA too on Serenade. Good that people are more aware of the C&A rules and stick to getting what they are deserving!!

If you have something coming I think you need paper proof of it in hand to get it now. Plus see them on Day 1 or give them a copy of your paper with a note.:rolleyes:

Been reading about too many frustrated passengers having disputes over the rules with the LA.

Edited by CVU

We disembarked Serenade last Friday from the 11 night. About half way through the cruise, we received a call from the LA saying that there were no crystal blocks available on the ship.

We were to receive (and did receive) a certificate noting our milestone the following evening. She went on to say that the block will be mailed to our home within 6 to 8 weeks.

I wondered if they had started mailing the blocks on other ships instead of giving them onboard? Or if this was just a temporary shortage?

~P :)

We disembarked Serenade last Friday from the 11 night. About half way through the cruise, we received a call from the LA saying that there were no crystal blocks available on the ship.

We were to receive (and did receive) a certificate noting our milestone the following evening. She went on to say that the block will be mailed to our home within 6 to 8 weeks.

I wondered if they had started mailing the blocks on other ships instead of giving them onboard? Or if this was just a temporary shortage?

We got our Allure block in Feb. In our cabin.

Edited by CVU

Yep, experienced that LA too on Serenade. Good that people are more aware of the C&A rules and stick to getting what they are deserving!!

If you have something coming I think you need paper proof of it in hand to get it now. Plus see them on Day 1 or give them a copy of your paper with a note.:rolleyes:

Been reading about too many frustrated passengers having disputes over the rules with the LA.

Yes, I had printed out proof of my current points from the RCI web page that I showed the LA on Serenade. She still insisted that I had to wait until AFTER my points were posted to my account, and then I would get the block on the next cruise.

Next time I will print out the RCI explanation that shows you received the block "on the ship that you turn the milestone" also. Worked out alright for me, however, since I preferred to get one from my next cruise, which was the Enchantment anyway. But I am assuming she is messing up a lot of people with her misinformation. :rolleyes: Time for her to go back to training. :eek: ;)

I have had a couple of blocks show up on my bed during the cruises, had one sent UPS to my house (they were out of blocks), and this last block awarded during a presentation with certificate and nice framed picture with DH and myself with the captain (very elegantly done!) Each ship seems so different on many things that they do.