Personal Care Question

Are washcloths/facecloths provided in AUS/NZ hotels? In Europe they are not, except perhaps in the US-branded chains which we've not stayed in overseas, so I bring my own.

We are staying in Novotel Auckland Airport at the start of our trip, pre-cruise is at Sky City Grand and ending at the Marriott Circular Quay in Sydney. We'll be at several B&Bs on NZ's North Island in-between.

Do I need to pack them for our visit down under?

Are washcloths/facecloths provided in AUS/NZ hotels? In Europe they are not, except perhaps in the US-branded chains which we've not stayed in overseas, so I bring my own.

We are staying in Novotel Auckland Airport at the start of our trip, pre-cruise is at Sky City Grand and ending at the Marriott Circular Quay in Sydney. We'll be at several B&Bs on NZ's North Island in-between.

Do I need to pack them for our visit down under?

I agree with the other posters and am sure you will be supplied but if, per chance, there was no facecloth in your room, just ask. I am sure they will be able to provide you with one.

Personally its a thing I pack regardless of my destination or trip style. No matter how well laundered they are I still picture that I am washing my face with something that thousands of other people have washed their privates with !

TOO FUNNY! And a point I never thought about.

You are very well organised Perfectly Perth. I just assume that the industrial washing machines on the ships will clean any residuals from the face washers or towels. I wouldn't have enough room in my luggage if I had to pack them. Smaller hotels/motels probably only use domestic washers but then that's the same as at home.

A neighbour of ours didn't like to travel and stay in a hotel/motel because she was worried that the linen had had other people's germs. On the other hand I saw a discussion board post where the doona on board was considered to be harbouring noro as they were not replaced each voyage.

Interestingly I read a report on Linen/Doonas and towels which had a bacterial count after washing. The paper itself was related to immuno suprression and exposure (so not a hotel sponsored blurb)

In 95% of cases the hotel linen was considered to be 100% free of contaminants whereas towel/linen washing done in a home environment only came out at 84% of cases.

Yes i know at home you only use your own....

i would like to see some data for what happens in terms of cross contamination if you use a communal washing machine. Clearly the towel cannot remain clean if not washed, especially if hung over a fixed surface to dry

Personally its a thing I pack regardless of my destination or trip style. No matter how well laundered they are I still picture that I am washing my face with something that thousands of other people have washed their privates with !

There has always been a face washer everywhere I have stayed and I have never used it on my privates! Don't think I'll ever use one on my face now either. Thanks for sharing! lol

Once you think of it - it will never leave your brain !! Trust me ! I always pack my own facecloth and towel for every single trip of any description !

I prefer not to think about it, because then it progresses to thinking about bedding and other surfaces and what may have been done there :eek:

So it's ok if other members of your family have used the wash cloths to scrub their privates ?? 😜

I always bring disposable wipes.

Whenever we travel I always pack a "net like" shower puff. It does not weigh anything and does not take up any space. If its wet when I repack, I place it in a zip lock bag with the air squeezed out. Towels do not worry me. Water and detergent then drying is enough to destroy nasties. OCD could destroy a holiday.:cool:

What on earth is the world coming to when we actually worry about this sort of thing.With all the terrible things going on in the world your major issue is who used your towel previously.Anyone know where Katy Perry stays. I bet there are some people here who don't even believe in the 5 second rule. :rolleyes:

What on earth is the world coming to when we actually worry about this sort of thing.With all the terrible things going on in the world your major issue is who used your towel previously.Anyone know where Katy Perry stays. I bet there are some people here who don't even believe in the 5 second rule. :rolleyes:

Best not to think about it really.

So it's ok if other members of your family have used the wash cloths to scrub their privates ?? 😜

I always bring disposable wipes.

In my family (when I lived with one) every family member had their own face cloth - different colours. Every family I have ever known in my entire life has individual ones. I just asked the question to all my friends on FB and every single one across multiple countries and continents said "yep different one for each family member".

In my family (when I lived with one) every family member had their own face cloth - different colours. Every family I have ever known in my entire life has individual ones. I just asked the question to all my friends on FB and every single one across multiple countries and continents said "yep different one for each family member".

I don't have one or use one.

5 second role:confused:

When my kids were little they said it was a 5 min rule.