Bottle water

I believe it is $47 for 8 bottles. Each bottle is 1 liter. It is a one time delivery to your room and will be in your cabin when you arrive. We always buy this package and many think it's too pricey, but we like the convenience of having the bottles ready for excursions, etc. This is the smallest package available. There are other packages with a larger number of bottles.

Bring a refillable bottle...the ship's water is fine!

RCCL really doesn't like this option for health and sanitation reasons, and strongly recommends that you buy bottled water from them (I know, self serving advice, but prudent). Plus, its a pain to fill a bottle from the tiny bathroom sink.

Edited by Diplomacy

RCCL really doesn't like this option for health and sanitation reasons, and strongly recommends that you buy bottled water from them (I know, self serving advice, but prudent). Plus, its a pain to fill a bottle from the tiny bathroom sink.

You can bring a refillable water bottle and just fill it by dumping glasses of water into it, many people do this. They do not want you filling water bottles from fountains as that is unsanitary if you tough your bottle to the spout. No where do they say that they recommend buying bottled water from them.

I am confused. I drink water from the faucet all the time and I have a metal water bottle that I use.

No where on any ship that I have been on have I seen anything about Strongly Recommends that you buy bottled water? Where did you see this?:confused:

You can bring a refillable water bottle and just fill it by dumping glasses of water into it, many people do this. They do not want you filling water bottles from fountains as that is unsanitary if you tough your bottle to the spout. No where do they say that they recommend buying bottled water from them.

I've put a small funnel in my case for our upcoming cruise so the lip of the litre bottle won't touch the spout. Can decant into smaller bottle from there.

This is correct. I actually LIKE the ship's water. Bringing my own refillable bottle is also good for the environment. Can't even fathom hauling a case of water onto a ship.

I take a separate collapsible cloth bag with about a dozen bottles of water (I don't like the ship's Evian) and put it through checked luggage. If that goes down to the "naughty room" ...no big deal, I will pick up later when the line is short down there. Also a couple of bottles tossed into my carry on. When the water is gone, the cloth bag simply folds and goes into my luggage at the end of the cruise.

If I still run out, I just refill from the bathroom tap. I even like the tap water better than Evian! :eek:

Edited by island lady

I thought you can bring a case of bottled water from home, put a luggage tag on it and send it with luggage and they will deliver to your cabin. And don't forget to tip the luggage porter. I will be sailing allure of the seas.

I thought you can bring a case of bottled water from home, put a luggage tag on it and send it with luggage and they will deliver to your cabin. And don't forget to tip the luggage porter. I will be sailing allure of the seas.

Technically prohibited, but usually not enforced.

Many have with great success. I just find having a light bag with handles to put the bottles into is easier to manage than a bulky case.

Went went to the market by the hotel in Barcelona and got 8 bottles for .30e each (2.40 total). We just dropped them in our suitcase and it was plenty for our excursions.

I got called down to the naughty room once for that. They thought I had rum/vodka in the bottles. That's why I put them in a separate bag now. At least I will get my clothes before dinner, then go down to the "dungeon" much later after the line has gone away if they confiscate that bag.

Edited by island lady