Metal detectors allowed?

Valeen

I would like to take a Caribbean cruise and use my metal detector on beaches. I would not be flying, so no plane issues. Does anyone know if the ships or the islands have any rules against metal detector use?

I assume you would be driving. If you park your car at the port, you could take it back to your car if they don't allow it. I would think that if you'd carry it on, I don't know that if they took it, it would be put on the ship and returned to you the last day. But if you check it, it would be returned and I think you'd get a notice they took it.

We live at the NC beaches and I think a metal detector would be fun to try to find sand hidden things!

I would like to take a Caribbean cruise and use my metal detector on beaches. I would not be flying, so no plane issues. Does anyone know if the ships or the islands have any rules against metal detector use?

I know on Disney metal detectors are prohibited.

Carnival allows them, but they must be stored in your cabin and are only usable in port (of course). You can read more at https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261 .

And some places you'll need to get a "permit" to use it. I'd check the website of the islands you'll be going to. And if you can't find the info on the site, most probably have a "contact us" option and you could ask, specifically. I can't recall which island was at issue, but this question was asked a long while ago and the reply stated you did need a permit, you could not get it in advance and you had to go to some gov't building to get it and I don't remember if there was a cost and if so, how much. I'd hate to see you go, use it, get fined or have the detector confiscated.

Edited by marco