Closest trii rail Station to Port of Miami

kiyoko

I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything recent so hoping experts out there can help. My son, traveling alone, will need to get to FLL airport from Port of Miami on a day where there will not be ships disembarking or embarking. The shuttle services need a minimum amount of people and will be as expensive as a taxi. So the next option might be the tri rail. Can anyone tell me the closest tri rail station to the Port of Miami and the approximate taxi cost? It looks like Miami airport now has a new tri rail station, but was hoping there's one closer to the port. Thanks.

The Tri-rail does not go to POM. However, the Miami-Dade buses or a combination of the Metrorail and Metromover will get him on the city side of the bridge. At Bayfront Park, he can take the trolley over or walk over. I have walked over and now that I require a mobility scooter, I have scooted over a number of times.

Use the information on this website. Figure out the destination address and use the trip planner. http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/

Betty

You might check on what the ship is charging for that transfer. That's a lot of effort for the savings. Especially if doing alone in an unfamiliar city.

Another option is look on the roll call for his cruise and see if anyone wants to share a ride. he won't be the only one having to transfer.

Hmmm...not sure what you mean about no ships...why is he at the POM then?

Edited by eandj

I've done a quick search and couldn't find anything recent so hoping experts out there can help. My son, traveling alone, will need to get to FLL airport from Port of Miami on a day where there will not be ships disembarking or embarking. The shuttle services need a minimum amount of people and will be as expensive as a taxi. So the next option might be the tri rail. Can anyone tell me the closest tri rail station to the Port of Miami and the approximate taxi cost? It looks like Miami airport now has a new tri rail station, but was hoping there's one closer to the port. Thanks.

A shuttle service might be best. I am sure it will be cheaper for one person. A private cab is about $40. Also the ship might have a service that makes sense, pays to ask. It might be difficult for your son to drag luggage on and off on regular trains and buses and the savings might be just a few dollars.

Edited by Cruise a holic

From the POM to the Bayfront metromover station will be around $12.00. Take the metromover to the Tri-rail transfer station, then Tri-rail to the Fort Lauderdale station.

That is a lot of transferring. I would just walk to the metro rail.

Edited by BlueHerons

I'm sorry, I misread your original post. Getting to the Tri-rail from POM would be a challenge. I'd suggest that he walk outside POM, to Biscayne Rd & NE 6th and catch #93 bus north to Aventura Mall. There transfer to Boward County (Fort Lauderdale) bus #1. That will take him right to the airport. I have taken this route and it works very good. The Miami-Dade bus #3 may also work, but he would have to verify that.

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways

How about the RIDE 95 bus from Biscayne Blvd, downtown Miami up to FtL?? Was $2.85 several years ago. Should be on MD website. They used to have an 800 number and were very helpful. Also shared shuttles ; try GO, Super Shuttle, SAS, and South Florida Limo. TriRail is a strange bird, never found any local that took it.

Edited by zoncom

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. I looked at the maps and it looks like the closest tri rail station to Port of Miami is at the Miami airport. Or is there a closer one to the Port of Miami?

Again, take the metro rail to the tri rail station. No reason to go all the way to the airport.