water

Moz

Can a person get a small bottle of water with the soda package. Wondering as want to take some water when we get off the ship and are in the port. Thanks

No, bottle water is not included with the soda package or the UBP.

Bring a refillable botte an you can fill it up at the drink station before you leave the ship.

If you must have bottled water, you can bring on your own.

Lois

I know people go back and forth about ship water verse bottled water. Well to make things easier on us since we did not want to stop and get a case in NYC, I purchased refillable water bottles with brita water filters in them for 8 bucks each at walmart. They might even be cheaper elsewhere.

They are great. I kept them in the ship fridge, threw them in the beach bag.. I even bought powder Gatorade and used the filtered water and powder in a old water bottle (no filter). Saved money, and lugging the case around at port.

1 Take (If you are American "Bring") a couple of empty plastic bottles. (We prefer hard plastic.)

2 Get lots of ice from the steward. (Very obliging people!)

3 Let some melt and fill the water bottles. (If wide necked bottles some ice will fit in.)

4 Put in the fridge overnight. (You could even freeze one!)

5 Take with you as you leave the ship. (This is most important!!!)

6 Repeat daily till you debark the last morning.

Simple and, even better, cheap. The water they make ice from is meant for drinking and I have always found it potable.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Retired Coin Collecting Kiwi by Choice.

I didn't get any sort of drink package on our Sun Alaska or Pearl 3 day. I have a refillable water bottle and before heading out for the day, I'd fill it up from the water dispenser in the buffet. Just make sure to use one of the glasses they have there--don't put your water bottle directly under the dispenser as that is unsanitary and rude.

Iced tea, lemonade and flavored waters are also available at the buffet vending station along with coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate. We did bring a small case of water onboard for Alaska, but we didn't really feel the need for it. When that ran out, I just used the regular tap water to make my morning protein drink.

They do sell a bottled water package onboard and for that you get Aquafina, but I think it's completely unnecessary as the water onboard is already purified and perfectly fine and tasty to drink. You reduce waste and save yourself some $$.

Jen

They do sell a bottled water package onboard and for that you get Aquafina, but I think it's completely unnecessary as the water onboard is already purified and perfectly fine and tasty to drink. You reduce waste and save yourself some $$.

Jen

The package on board cost 10 times what it would cost you to buy a case in a supermarket before you board.

They do sell a bottled water package onboard and for that you get Aquafina, but I think it's completely unnecessary as the water onboard is already purified and perfectly fine and tasty to drink.

I get this was alluded to further up (sorry, new here!), but is the tap water in the rooms different from what's at the drink stations? I'd have to imagine it's safe to drink, as they have to expect people will drink it, right?

I get this was alluded to further up (sorry, new here!), but is the tap water in the rooms different from what's at the drink stations? I'd have to imagine it's safe to drink, as they have to expect people will drink it, right?

Yes it is different - the water in bars and restaurants is carbon filtered which removes the chlorine and makes it taste much better.

Both are drinkable all right - if one is fine with the taste (being used to actually clean and tasteless water, I'm not).

The water in your bathroom is fine to drink...it simply won't "run cold"....ever! Add ice or stick it in your fridge. It's exactly the same water used in your food, ice, and beverages! It's the same water that's in the dispenser that chills it first....

It's exactly the same water used in your food, ice, and beverages! It's the same water that's in the dispenser that chills it first....

No, it's not. Read my reply above - the carbon filtering (done to protect the appliances and dispencers from the mineral/chlorine residue, same as filters with Brita brand) makes a world of difference with the taste.

The only time I used the tap water was when making my protein shake and rinsing after brushing, so I didn't notice any taste issues. They had the big bottles of Aquafina for sale--for $4.25. Ridiculous when there are plenty of complimentary options available.

Jen

The best thing regarding water on the ship is: Have your room steward leave you a bucket (or 2) of ice at the end of the day. It will partially melt throughout the night. Excellent way to get COLD WATER when you really need it in the early A.M. A purist will drink straight from the bucket. Hopefully you are all family or close friends.