How is the Full-Day Beach Day Rental in Labadee?

Doc2725

We are thinking about doing this, but I was hoping people on here could help make up for the lack of information on the website.

1.) Aside from one being a bed, and one being a cabana, what is the difference between this and reserving a cabana onboard?

2.) Can you still bring up to 6 people?

3.) Is there a bar, and if so, can we use our sign and sail card/beverage package?

4.) Which beach is this?

5.) Is it worth it?

6.) If I book it online does it charge right away, or does it not charge until I get onboard

7.) I saw in a past post that if there are any cabanas available the day of the excursion, they will automatically upgrade us, and if we want to keep the upgrade they will just charge us the difference, is this accurate?

Sorry I threw a lot out there, I just want to make sure it's worth the money, thank you!

Labadee is leased by Royal Caribbean....it's owned by Haiti...but it's private and fenced.

I sincerely doubt the "beach bed" is for more than 2 people! I can just see 6 adults lying side by side on that thing!!! The cabana is for up to 6...only one person needs to put their name on the reservation.

Ask them about being on a waitlist for the cabana....you don't want them to charge you for both, as they usually require a 24 hr. notice for canceling 'excursions" .

Edited by cb at sea

My understanding from comments on one of the other threads, that the beds are at Adrenaline Beach and the area/beach is rocky, which to me is a turnoff.

The better beach is at Columbus Cove.

We would rather have something reserved, so we don't have to deal with a bunch of other people all trying to get the loungers. Also, we'd like to be at least a little away from the crowd.

Labadee is leased by Royal Caribbean....it's owned by Haiti...but it's private and fenced.

I sincerely doubt the "beach bed" is for more than 2 people! I can just see 6 adults lying side by side on that thing!!! The cabana is for up to 6...only one person needs to put their name on the reservation.

Ask them about being on a waitlist for the cabana....you don't want them to charge you for both, as they usually require a 24 hr. notice for canceling 'excursions" .

The beach beds are huge, but yes, we'd rather have a cabana. Do you happen to know the e-mail address for shore excursions? I'd like to reach out and see if they'd reserve a cabana anyway.

We are thinking about doing this, but I was hoping people on here could help make up for the lack of information on the website.

1.) Aside from one being a bed, and one being a cabana, what is the difference between this and reserving a cabana onboard?

3.) Is there a bar, and if so, can we use our sign and sail card/beverage package?

4.) Which beach is this?

5.) Is it worth it?

6.) If I book it online does it charge right away, or does it not charge until I get onboard

7.) I saw in a past post that if there are any cabanas available the day of the excursion, they will automatically upgrade us, and if we want to keep the upgrade they will just charge us the difference, is this accurate?

Sorry I threw a lot out there, I just want to make sure it's worth the money, thank you!

Bumping this in hopes I get a few more of the questions answered.

We would rather have something reserved, so we don't have to deal with a bunch of other people all trying to get the loungers. Also, we'd like to be at least a little away from the crowd.

There are plenty of places and plenty of chairs to be away from crowds. If your fear is that you must pre-book something so you aren't crammed elbow to elbow don't worry, just walk 5 minutes past where all the masses stop and you will be fine. cost $0.

There are plenty of places and plenty of chairs to be away from crowds. If your fear is that you must pre-book something so you aren't crammed elbow to elbow don't worry, just walk 5 minutes past where all the masses stop and you will be fine. cost $0.

Agreed! We never had a problem finding a lounger on Labadee.

4.) Which beach is this?

5.) Is it worth it?

Not familiar with the Beach Bed, but have done a Cabana. Loved it. Up to 6 people, very nice, very private. There is no separate Bar, but there are bars around the beaches, usually close by. The Cabana has a Cabana Boy who will get drinks, etc. for you. But you are still charged. So your SeaPass is used for drinks, and the drink package works on Labadee.

Don't know about the beach for Beach Beds.

Is it worth it? Well, we did an "overwater" Cabana for $250 split among 4 of us. I thought it was worth it, you may or may not. Only you can decide what "value" to put on such a thing.

Automatic upgrade? Don't count on it. Cabanas sell out instantaneously. You'd be very lucky to get one at all. We booked ours 4 or 5 months out and only because I just happened to see it in the Shore Excursion section. I think I booked the last one. But you can always, I'm sure, cancel the bed and book the Cabana. Doubt that would be a problem, if one is available.

The somthing reserved question/answer is somewhat conflicting. Those of us who have been to Labadee in the past 6-9 months have seen the policy change a few times. Before my May visit some people could reserve Cabanas on one beach and Suite guests could reserve ahead of time on Barefoot beach. That changed before my May cruise and we had to rush on board and reserve an over the water cabana on boarding day. I've heard other people say the ability to reserve ahead of time may have become available again. Check your reservation online and see if you can book it.

Ive never had to deal with a crowd of people getting loungers..I always have someone runing up to me as soon as I step foot on the beach to get us loungers..Very easy...

The beach beds are huge, but yes, we'd rather have a cabana. Do you happen to know the e-mail address for shore excursions? I'd like to reach out and see if they'd reserve a cabana anyway.

Are you sure you can't reserve a cabana online? We're going to Labadee the week after next on Oasis and we're doing a Nellie's Beach cabana. We were able to reserve it online two weeks ago, despite the website saying it can only be done on-board (and we are not in a suite). So if you want a cabana, you might be able to just book the cabana. I wouldn't count on booking a Beach Bed and having the upgrade fairy put you in a cabana. The key for booking a cabana online is to just book it for one person, and then show up with the rest of your party. The RCCL completely intuitive online booking TM :rolleyes: makes it seem like you have to enter all the names of the people who will be with you, but if you try to do that it says you are unable to book anything. We did have to pay for it immediately.

If you can't book for one person using this method, that means they haven't yet opened the reservations, or they are probably sold out and you'll have to run to the shore excursions desk when you get on-board and take your chances.