Large group

lois1112

Think of it this way, this group will be paying heaps more for the cruise.:D

Not really - as a non-US, solo cruiser I am paying plenty. And the flights from Bermuda aren't exactly cheap either.

However, this cruise is the first part of a trip to visit a friend who lives in Hawaii so I'll just have to grin and bear it - such first world problems!!!!

Who knows - it might be interesting being one of the few sane pax on board.

Edited by jollyjones

I booked a cruise for January (I'm elite so I have done many cruises with princess) and found out that a large group (I heard it may be as many as 1000) will be on the cruise as well

has anyone ever been on a cruise where there was such a large group also on the ship?

would you change it to a different date?

I just returned from a voyage on the Crown Princess with 275 Country Splashdown line dancers on the cruise. Not your 1000, but they did have an impact on my cruise. They took over Club Fusion every day and most evenings. Club Fusion was closed for a "Private Function". So there was really no other place to dance on the ship except in Explorer's Lounge (not my kind of dance music) or the Piazza. Most of the group that I ran into were very nice. But there were those "country" folk who did not understand that they should remove their hats while in the dining room or in the theater.

The week before was a swing group. If I could have switched, I would have. But that was not an option for me. But I am well aware that Princess is slowly not catering to ballroom dancers on their cruises. It is a shame.

Edited by cr8tiv1

We are also booked on this cruise and can't change because it is part of a longer trip. It is going to be hard to avoid them. I do hope they post which dining rooms they are going to be in for dinner so we can stay away. I am also worried about the anti-vaccine.

Just answered my i.e. question:) found the group on my Jan 31 cruise. Searched fb. They're up to 200. Anyone think this will impact cruise on CB?

That's a smallish number when you consider the total number of passengers on the ship.

We are also booked on this cruise and can't change because it is part of a longer trip. It is going to be hard to avoid them. I do hope they post which dining rooms they are going to be in for dinner so we can stay away. I am also worried about the anti-vaccine.

Just make sure all your vaccines are up to date.