I sharted a cabin w/bugs at night

sailawaychar

[/color][/b]

And what information do you have to back up your statement "Most people will log on rather than just look anonymously"?

Personally don't sign on unless I want to post. No need to sign on otherwise. There's no CC Policy that a person has to sign on in order to read through the postings.

As far as the issue of the OP's bugs bite it may have been a result of sand mites if the person what to a beach.

I really don't care if the OP has checked back or not, or even if they have logged in or not. I was merely saying how Sail7Seas may have based her post about the OP not being back....that she could have looked at the OP's last activity.

No, there is no CC policy that a person has to sign in to read. And no, I have no information that most people sign in only the ones I know personally. Back atcha' here so what information do you have that they don't other than what you do personally? :D

Bottom line:

No positive proof if bed bugs were culprit

OP has not signed on recently

RCI is offering no compensation for alleged bed bugs

There was no meds for cabin mates

Sharting could be another alleged culprit (once established???)

:confused::cool:;)

I really don't care if the OP has checked back or not, or even if they have logged in or not. I was merely saying how Sail7Seas may have based her post about the OP not being back....that she could have looked at the OP's last activity.

No, there is no CC policy that a person has to sign in to read. And no, I have no information that most people sign in only the ones I know personally. Back atcha' here so what information do you have that they don't other than what you do personally? :D

I always log on to read the posts. Doing so eliminates all the annoying signatures with line after line of which cruises people have taken or will be taking, and all the other useless "baggage" they feel they need to attach to each and every one of their posts. Often, a person's signature takes up much more space than the actual post itself! :eek:

When logging on I enjoy the benefits of the customized features that Cruise Critic has available to us, which results in threads being so much cleaner and uncluttered then they would be when not logging on.

Not sure why people would skip such an easy step as logging on when doing so adds the customization features that are so nice to use. :confused:

Edited by PTMary

Bed bugs can happen at hotels or cruise ships. Marriott treated us much better. The first thing they did was send in a professional who confirmed there was a minor case. After that, they removed the mattress and then gave a free night and points equal to another free night at a similar Marriott. Cruise lines don't seem to operate at the same customer service level and YES I am also laughing about the OP's title. It's an attention grabber.

How can I talk to or email a person on ROYAL CARRIBBEAN that would care rather than say "SORRY"

Took a cruise on RCI out of BAYONNE 9/24-10/3 & bitten near my eye, had to go to ship's dr. Also, paid 126. before he would see me.

Got cordisone & benedryll....& travel ins. is taking a month to analyse the problem & RCI will not pay. So, I am stuck.

Other ladies got bites on their thighs & back & legs..also trvel w/meds that I didn't have

Open to all suggestions how to handle this...sailawaychar

May I ask where did you to?

....Other ladies got bites on their thighs & back & legs....

I would be equally peeved that the cruise line has such sexist bugs that they only attacked the OP and "other ladies". Nobody should discrimination based on a person's gender, and the cruise line needs to be held accountable for allowing such sexist behavior from their bugs. :mad:

Edited by sloopsailor

I would be equally peeved that the cruise line has such sexist bugs that they only attacked the OP and "other ladies". Nobody should discrimination based on a person's gender, and the cruise line needs to be held accountable for allowing such sexist behavior from their bugs. :mad:

Good one, Sloop.:D

How can you say with such certainty that the OP has not been back to look at the thread? Just because OP has not signed back onto CC since first posting yesterday and or has not posted again on this thread since yesterday by no mean should be interrupted that OP has not been back to read this thread.

Personally don't blame OP for not posting again due to the insensitively shown by other in their responses.

Because I checked the profile. It said (at the time I looked) the only activity had been the one post.

We don't have to log in to read but the chance of OP having logged out and coming back to read this thread without making further comment, IMO, is very low.

I never sign out of CC. The few times I have to log in when I return is because I cleaned all my cookies and eliminated CC which I usually try to preserve when clearing cookies. There are about 4 sites I visit all the time and I leave those cookies in place.

Edited by sail7seas

How can I talk to or email a person on ROYAL CARRIBBEAN that would care rather than say "SORRY"

Took a cruise on RCI out of BAYONNE 9/24-10/3 & bitten near my eye, had to go to ship's dr. Also, paid 126. before he would see me.

Got cordisone & benedryll....& travel ins. is taking a month to analyse the problem & RCI will not pay. So, I am stuck.

Other ladies got bites on their thighs & back & legs..also trvel w/meds that I didn't have

Open to all suggestions how to handle this...sailawaychar

Good luck proving that the bite took place on the ship. Time to take some personal responsibility and pay the bill and forget about it.

Bed bugs can happen at hotels or cruise ships. Marriott treated us much better. The first thing they did was send in a professional who confirmed there was a minor case. After that, they removed the mattress and then gave a free night and points equal to another free night at a similar Marriott. Cruise lines don't seem to operate at the same customer service level and YES I am also laughing about the OP's title. It's an attention grabber.

.......the bed bugs were probably left by a Canadians fan eh?...........;)........(only a joke)......

Some have assumed it was bed bugs, but the OP never said anything other then being bitten at night. At that time of year could have easily been a Mosquito and we have family members who have severe reactions to those bites which would sometimes result in a visit to a physician. The cost of treatment on a ship is generally slightly over $100 for anything so nothing strange with the post. And collecting from insurance can be a nightmare (I worked in that industry for over thirty years) so that also sounds plausible. Blaming RCI is ridiculous since the cruise line has nothing to do with a bug bite (unless there was a bedbug infestation).

So if the OP does ever return we would simply suggest they keep working with the insurance company to get reimbursed. Under normal circumstances it is wise to first submit the claim to your own insurance (which is usually primary) and get it paid, partially paid, or rejected. Once you have that info submit it, along with the appropriate claim form and copy of the cruise ship physician's bill, to the travel insurance company. Expect to wait about 2 months for reimbursement.

Hank