Foundation....

CrimsonQueen

I'm sure this has been discussed among the many topics here, but I'm looking for a new brand/texture/coverage of foundation for my face. I actually like the long wearing makeup and prefer liquid over powder (the mineral makeup tends to "separate" on my face, especially in hot, humid weather). And, I like a medium to full coverage.

In the past I've used Estee Lauder Double wear, Armani lasting silk, Laura Mercier mineral and Sisley (both long wearing and regular). I'm leaning toward Armani again, but I've never found the perfect shade. I would love to hear about YOUR favorite foundation.

Thanks!

I've been using IT CC creme. It's SPF-50 and coverage is good. I hate the feeling of foundation, but this is light with good coverage. Ulta carries it.

I have been using IT CC since it came out and have never found anything that covers better while using less. One tube lasts me a year with every day use.

I have been using IT CC since it came out and have never found anything that covers better while using less. One tube lasts me a year with every day use.

I've been using IT CC creme. It's SPF-50 and coverage is good. I hate the feeling of foundation, but this is light with good coverage. Ulta carries it.

I haven't tried the IT CC creme....I will get a sample the next time I am at Ulta. Thanks!

I've been using Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue & really like it. It has an SPF 30 & goes on very smoothly (use sparingly). Available at Ulta & Sephora. $29, mine has lasted using daily for 8 weeks so far (tube not bottle)

I used to only wear liquid foundation with pressed powder ... until I tried Mac StudioFix.

Used that for YEARS - one easy application; until about a year ago when I tried Hello Flawless by Benefit.

Either way, I'm a big fan of the all-in-one. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you wanted to try something new.

I do find Hello Flawless kind of pricy (in relation to the net contents). it's cheaper than Studio Fix, but doesn't last as long :(

Just recently discovered IT and love it. Yes, a little goes a long way. The CC is great and I also use the O2 foundation for a little more coverage. Ulta sometimes has a give away with an IT purchase. I was able to get some great travel size items with this.

I'm usually into high-end brands, but my favorite foundation of all time is the Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fabulous. It's full coverage, but doesn't feel heavy. I wear it in the heat and at music festivals because it lasts all day. My favorite way to apply it is in two thin layers with my Beauty Blender.

As others mentioned above, the it Cosmetics CC cream is also amazing. It's very full coverage for a CC cream, and I love taking it on trips with me. I can just slap it on with my fingers and go. :)

Ok - product has arrived!!!

Just wondering how those that use it apply the product? I have been watching youtube videos and see fingers and beauty blenders, dry and damp and buffing brushes and stippling brushes - very confused!

I think I prefer fingers if possible? But wondering what might work best? Would love to hear other's preferences?

Ok - product has arrived!!!

Just wondering how those that use it apply the product? I have been watching youtube videos and see fingers and beauty blenders, dry and damp and buffing brushes and stippling brushes - very confused!

I think I prefer fingers if possible? But wondering what might work best? Would love to hear other's preferences?

I usually just use fingers, it blends very easily. If I want it a bit lighter, I use a round cosmetic sponge with just a teeny bit of water. Makes it a bit more sheer. If find that I get a little heavy handed with all of the fancier blenders, stipplers etc.

I'm sure this has been discussed among the many topics here, but I'm looking for a new brand/texture/coverage of foundation for my face. I actually like the long wearing makeup and prefer liquid over powder (the mineral makeup tends to "separate" on my face, especially in hot, humid weather). And, I like a medium to full coverage.

In the past I've used Estee Lauder Double wear, Armani lasting silk, Laura Mercier mineral and Sisley (both long wearing and regular). I'm leaning toward Armani again, but I've never found the perfect shade. I would love to hear about YOUR favorite foundation.

Thanks!

I have used pretty much every brand that sell in the department stores. Now I'm using 3Lab BB cream. I also use all of their ImageUploadedByForums1446126274.816408.jpg.9d7ad53caa188de6bb6368fe44360be4.jpgother product for my face. Highly recommended, got my daughters hooked on it.

M

ImageUploadedByForums1446126252.291860.jpg.02d6dd782b739f3350a714ddf7c6cec9.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101

I live in a dry cold environment in winter & hot humid environment in summer.

I like a matte cream foundation in winter; have tried a number of them, all are fine.

Bare Minerals is my summer/ cruise go to.

Thanks for all the responses! I'm into my third day with the IT CC cream and concealer. I like it but don't love it. And, although I love some of the Benefit products, I didn't like Hello Flawless.

I'm going to Nordstrom Friday afternoon to get matched and a sample of the 3Lab....haven't tried it before and am excited to see if I like it.

I also want to try the Kat Von D Lock it.....

Hopefully, I will have settled on a foundation before my April cruise:D I will keep you posted:p

Edited by CrimsonQueen

Skin79 BB cream, gold bottle, has been my holy grail foundation for a long time. You want the stuff from Korea, look on Amazon. This is the product that got the whole BB cream (and CC cream) craze in the west going, along with Missha, which I don't like as much.

They also have a Gel blush with goes with it. I love the texture and color,

I bought some over the summer - haven't used it much (I buy too much makeup because I like new stuff, but I don't use it quickly enough:o) I do like it, but it's been hard for me to figure out how much to dispense. I'm used to solid cream blushes:rolleyes:

I was with you that I was a "fingers" person as well but after using a beauty blender I will never go back. I received a Beauty Blender in one of my Birchbox or Ipsy boxes and never looked back. It isn't like those heavy makeup wedges but perfectly blends the makeup.

If you are unsure if you will love a product is head to your local Sephora and test several products. If you ask the consultant they will always provide little samples of foundation in a small container. I went Sephora last week and got a sample that lasted me 4 days! I will be heading to the store this weekend to actually purchase the Too Faced "Born This Way" foundation. It comes in a range of colors and wears flawlessly.

• 1 month later...
Skin79 BB cream, gold bottle, has been my holy grail foundation for a long time. You want the stuff from Korea, look on Amazon. This is the product that got the whole BB cream (and CC cream) craze in the west going, along with Missha, which I don't like as much.

If you love Korean BB or CC creams, check out "erborian" brand, sold on Sephora website. A friend had flaawless looking skin (when I know she doesn't) and told me about this product but she purchased it in Paris. I looked all over but couldn't find it, 2 years later Sephora carries it. It is absolutely great. It knocks all the Korean cc and bb creams out of the water and I've tried everything listed above.

If you love Korean BB or CC creams, check out "erborian" brand, sold on Sephora website. A friend had flaawless looking skin (when I know she doesn't) and told me about this product but she purchased it in Paris. I looked all over but couldn't find it, 2 years later Sephora carries it. It is absolutely great. It knocks all the Korean cc and bb creams out of the water and I've tried everything listed above.

Thanks! I have a couple of those Sephora $15 off $50 GCs burning a hole in my wallet. My current bottle of skin79 is admittedly long past its sell by date. :)

EDIT: you seem to be from my home town, although I left FL a long time ago. :) also, do you use the bb or cc? Looking at site now. I'm sort of a "PPP"/NW15 or so, although my skin has a tendency to flush.

Edited by perditax