Diamond Plus - No Priority check in line?

LMaxwell

Extended family members are boarding Serenade today; they have been moved at last minute to industrial port (can not walk to old town). They are reporting massive lines in an unheated tent with no priority lines for C&A members (They are Diamond Plus). I am thinking the unheated tent comes along with the industrial port, but surely C&A should have priority check in. Did this recently change? I know this cruise has a lot of Pinnacle members; I would think at least they'd get a priority line?

Anyone else in Quebec now that can shine some light on the situation? I don't know what necessitated the last minute pier change but it sounds like Royal isn't making the best of the situation.

There were priority lines on our cruise in September (not Serenade).

I wonder if the last minute change in piers has anything to do with it. Royal can't control those types of changes and can only do the best they can do with the space they are given.

Extended family members are boarding Serenade today; they have been moved at last minute to industrial port (can not walk to old town). They are reporting massive lines in an unheated tent with no priority lines for C&A members (They are Diamond Plus). I am thinking the unheated tent comes along with the industrial port, but surely C&A should have priority check in. Did this recently change? I know this cruise has a lot of Pinnacle members; I would think at least they'd get a priority line?

Anyone else in Quebec now that can shine some light on the situation? I don't know what necessitated the last minute pier change but it sounds like Royal isn't making the best of the situation.

They probably didn't create it either

[/b]They probably didn't create it either

I wonder what caused the change of pier. RCI notified guests 2 days ago of the change. Like I said I understand the tent and no heat being beyond RCI control but having priority lines for C and A is certainly in their control. Family members were told no more c and a priority check in that is why I am asking is this a new change. Does not sound right to me

I wonder what caused the change of pier. RCI notified guests 2 days ago of the change. Like I said I understand the tent and no heat being beyond RCI control but having priority lines for C and A is certainly in their control. Family members were told no more c and a priority check in that is why I am asking is this a new change. Does not sound right to me

Well last minutes changes and spaces availability in the tent area may caused to no create additional lines. Royal has no control if the port due to out of control circumstances has to move the berth of a vessel. How many times I encountered with special situations that no priority lines with American Airlines and way too many times Global Entry lines closed due to who knows circumstances. I will not blame the cruise lines, they might be doing the best they can in a very short period of time. :cool:

I have elderly relatives in an unheated tent in Quebec and only was hoping to get some useful information. Maybe someone on here is there as well. Many of the comments here are unhelpful and very mean spirited. I certainly won't suggest they join and post here. Hopefully RCI gets everyone processed quickly anyways. My mistake turning here to see if there was a chsnge in policies.

Well last minutes changes and spaces availability in the tent area may caused to no create additional lines. Royal has no control if the port due to out of control circumstances has to move the berth of a vessel. How many times I encountered with special situations that no priority lines with American Airlines and way too many times Global Entry lines closed due to who knows circumstances. I will not blame the cruise lines, they might be doing the best they can in a very short period of time. :cool:

Thank you for sharing your experiences and not being mean spirited like others here. You tried to be helpful

I was on the October 3 Jewel sailing of out LA where they had us checking in at a temporary tent. What a mess that was due to the temporary accommodations, however there were C&A lines, Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond and Diamond Plus along with a line for Pinnacle and Suites. Not that the upper level lines helped a whole but they were there.

Hopefully your relatives have a better check in than we did. Yes I know this is out of the control of Royal but they should have staff in there not just leaving it all to the port employees. Would make many feel a bit different about the situation if nothing else!

When we boarded the Rhapsody in Dubai. there was a line for suite/pinnacle and then another line for everyone else. The folks who worked at the port were not RCCL employees but were port employee. We were inside an away from the heat so perhaps that made a difference. Really - it was maybe 10 minutes longer wait. No big deal.

We have found that SO MANY have some sort of priority that the regular lines are often quicker.

OP -I hope the line moves quickly and that your family enjoys their cruise.

M

Sounds like the Jewel of the Seas on October 3rd in San Pedro (L.A.)! We had dedicated lines but there was SO many D, D+, and Pinnacle that it was easier to go in the Gold or Platinum line. I completely feel their pain on a tent check in. It wasn't fun for us either!

Edited by smileyperry

We just returned from a b2b on Serenade where we did an overnight in Quebec on September 24 with embarkation on September 25, and yes, it was in an industrial port. Those that were boarding on September 25th had to use the tent also. There were problems at that embarkation as well with the boarding ramp being very steep because of the tide. I can't say if there were priority lines there or not.

I believe they use this port because the ship did overnight again last night with embarkation today.

Edited by cruisenfever

There is still priority D D+ as far as I know as of 3 weeks ago!

I know what the OP is talking about. We were on the Serenade in Quebec a few weeks ago at pier 30. Very undesirable location. The embarkation area is a large unheated tent. The ramp was very steep as well. The better locations went to HAL or other ships that sail to Quebec all summer, at least that's what we were told by the ship. A very long walk to the Funiculair and old town, around 40 minutes. Taxis were there to take people on tours. The ship can get shuttle services for passengers and drop them in old town. The Port staff told us they had asked the ship if they wanted to provide shuttles but they declined. So bottom line is try to get a cab or tour.

image.jpg.dedbca06061061dc199bad6c08bf186d.jpg

We have found that SO MANY have some sort of priority that the regular lines are often quicker.

In Barcelona this summer the Gold C&A Line had NOBODY in it...I was able to walk right up while the E, D, D+ lines were packed. I think even the non-rated passenger line was shorter than the diamond line.