I wish I had brought.....

I read noro can spread when people rest the neck of their drink bottles against the taps when refilling. Don't quote me though, I'm no expert!

People are not allowed to fill drink bottles (or thermos flasks) directly from water dispensers. You can fill water bottles from your own bathroom sink. If you want to fill from the public dispensers, you must use a cup or glass as to take the water from the dispenser, then pour into your own bottle/flask/insulated mug.

The Miller SS-36 "Sabre-six/hot-shot" 36in Stock Prod...

Absolutely indispensable for any cruise over 21 days, particularly useful around all elevators, in-laws, offspring on sugar highs or anyone who complains about anything within earshot of your holiday high etc. :eek:

:cool: r

Don't forget phone contact numbers for emergencies, email/ snail mail addresses of friends/family for postcards, the combination codes for your suitcases if applicable.

On my last cruise I sent a postcard home to my daughter at the beginning of the cruise. We received it almost 1 month later when we were already home.

One thing we have found very useful is a ultra lightweight popup mesh laundry basket which I bought at Ikea. So much easier to use than laundry bags. It weighs next to nothing and, when not in use, lives permanently in the front pocket of my suitcase.

Those are fabulous! I use one I got at a $2 shop and it was heavily used on our last holiday due to having three kids!

On my last cruise I sent a postcard home to my daughter at the beginning of the cruise. We received it almost 1 month later when we were already home.

Never give unstamped postcards to the purser to post. It may seem convenient, but the few I sent took took a month to reach Aus.

Much better to locate a post office on your port day or use the free email ones from the ship.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

People are not allowed to fill drink bottles (or thermos flasks) directly from water dispensers. You can fill water bottles from your own bathroom sink. If you want to fill from the public dispensers, you must use a cup or glass as to take the water from the dispenser, then pour into your own bottle/flask/insulated mug.

Oh that's good to know as it would help stop the spread of viruses. Do you think everyone follows that rule though?

a handy tip I picked up on here was magnets. I didnt realise the walls were metallic. I put the patter up each day and anything else we looked like we would need again. Unfortunately, I forgot a hi lighter, as it is quite hard to read and remember what is on each day, so that will be next time. Sadly hubby couldnt quite adapt to this idea and still kept hoarding bits of paper everywhere!

I also now take my own clothes wash powder, much cheaper than buying theirs.

The most important - rumrunners:D:D:D

Nightlight for the bathroom

Small torch to find said bathroom

Liquid soap for bathroom

Duct tape for various reasons

Bluetooth speaker for music

Laminated copy of Itinerary to stick to the back of the door

Copy of current passport and important numbers in Gmail

Pop-up laundry basket and round clothesline with pegs

Pegs to keep curtains together

Selfie-stick:eek:

Pharmacy quick fixes

Plastic shopping bags for any rubbish on last day

Linen tea towel to protect clothes from crappy irons on applicable ships

Highlighter and sticky notepads

Roll of $2 and $1 coins for tips

and if there's any room left, I take clothes:)

Cheers

Di

What is the blu tac for? :-)

Just for sticking things together or for sticking things to walls. I keep it in a light weight pencil case when I am travelling.

You could use sticky tape instead.

On my last trip I used the Blu tack when we were flying. I needed to use nicotine patches on the way back ( not because I am a smoker, but because I have an auto immune disease that is improved by nicotine). Because we couldn't take nail scissors on the flight, I cut the packet before the flight and then re sealed it with Blu tack.

A magnet to keep invitations etc on the wall where I can see them,

people tend to forget that the walls are metal.:)

yes, I have lots of magnets that I bring!!!! REFRIG MAGNETS, MAGNETIC CLIPS FOR DOOR to use for reminder invitations etc.... also heavy duty magnetic clips will hold up lightweight mesh pocket storage hanger (electronic cords, brush, makeup... stuff)

Snorkelling gear as it's cheaper to take with you, reef shoes or equivalent. occy strap for balcony door or night light for interior room. lanyard. Highligher for highlighting daily program so you don't forget you wanted to do something. plastic bags for packing anything you got wet on the last day and cant get dry. less clothes than you think you will need. conditioner. some ships have shampoo but not conditioner. take some tolerance and a sense of humour

...... conditioner. some ships have shampoo but not conditioner. take some tolerance and a sense of humour

And if you are sailing RCI take shampoo as well. The stuff in the shower (supposedly conditioning shampoo/shower gel) is as cheap as it gets. I wouldn't let it near my hair at all :eek:

People fill their drink bottles all of the time at the dispensers. On my last cruise I watched three children in front of me all do it. It is not something that is allowed but no one is watching what is going on.

A small sewing kit with needles & thread, scissors, a few spare buttons plus safety pins has come in very handy on several occasions.

It wasnt that long ago a small sewing kit was included in the bits and pieces supplied to your cabin.:rolleyes:

I take an additional credit card with a small limit that I use to pay for Seapass expenses as they put a hold on your card. We were left unable to access our debit card after one cruise because even though they had taken the money out of our account before we got off the ship, there was a hold on an identical amount for over a week after we got off. Took a lot of phone calls to sort it out.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The most important - rumrunners:D:D:D

Cheers

Di

You can not forget the rumrunners!!!!!!

Di, do you remember that umbrella you got for me on the Radiance cruise a few years ago. That was a superb idea. It just so happens I never got to use it on that cruise but have since used it and will be taking it with me on Explorer next month.

For the rest of you on this thread, what I am referring to is a portable, fold up beach umbrella. If you are going to be cruising to islands and sitting on the beaches, it is not always easy to find a shaded spot, especially when 3000 other cruise passengers are trying to find shade too.

http://www.portabrella.com

If you get a small travel spray bottle. Add 1 teaspoon of fabric softner and fill with water. Spray on your clothes and it removes the creases.

Would this be equivalent to the American Wrinkle Downey Release product? Always wondered what was in that stuff. A great tip, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk