Accommodation, R-Class Ships

DaisyUK

I have been trying to research the level of comfort of accommodation on the R-Class ships. It seems to me that the photographs and layouts on Oceania's website and brochures are out of date (but maybe I'm wrong?) I thought that these ships had been refurbished, but the rooms/cabins look the same as previously? I'm wondering whether anyone who has experienced both the O-Class and R-Class can advise what to expect? I'm looking at Owners, Vista or PH for comparison purposes with the same on Riviera/Marina.

Cabins are larger on the "O" class ships but the OS, VS and PH on the "R" ships are very comfortable. Especially the top two categories. We usually sail in the PH and have found them spacious enough. We don't have a problem with storage capabilities at all. There is a sitting area as well as the bedroom area, even though it's basically one room with a veranda. The bathroom has a shower-tub combo rather than the small shower you find in lower level cabins.

The OS and VS on the "R" ships have a living room and separate bedroom plus and extra half bath for guests. They are around 1,000 sf.

Mura

Many thanks Mura. Do you happen to know whether the decor and layout is as per the brochure? I had thought that they had been completely re-done during the refurb, but perhaps I dreamt that! I do know that the bathrooms in the VS and O suites have been re-fitted and no longer include a bath tub (because I asked this question a while ago).

Yes, Daisy, they removed the bathtubs in the OS and VS a while ago. I was one who objected to that because the one time we were in an OS on Regatta I had just torn my meniscus and I really needed that jacuzzi!! But I'm clearly in the minority.

I haven't looked at the photos so I don't know. Plus I haven't been in one of the "R" ship OS or VS cabins in a very long time. I'd go by Lyn's comment.

Mura

Only my experience.....on the R ships, PH and above all have new fabrics, upholstery, carpets and drapes. Everything else is pretty much the same -- furniture size, placement, etc. Bathrooms have not changed nor has the storage which IMO is more than adequate - even for a long cruise. The refurbishment uses the same color palette found on the O ships.

Only my experience.....on the R ships, PH and above all have new fabrics, upholstery, carpets and drapes. Everything else is pretty much the same -- furniture size, placement, etc. Bathrooms have not changed nor has the storage which IMO is more than adequate - even for a long cruise. The refurbishment uses the same color palette found on the O ships.

Hi Jan,

The refurbishment used the same color palette as O ships for PH and down but not for Owners Suite. Remember Eleanor's cabin. The color palette changed with the refurbishment but not like the O ships. More reds and gold. Very nice but much more traditional in style than O's more modern look. And yes they took the jacuzzi out and put in a shower only in the footprint of the bathtub.

Thanks for the thought. I did look up Sirena on O's website, and they still seem to have the old pics for both the OS and VS. I hadn't seen the pic in the link you sent through though, which is completely different, so maybe Sirena is going to be different again. I can't help feeling that if Regatta's OS and VS looked like that, Oceania would be shouting it from the rooftops!

Thanks for the thought. I did look up Sirena on O's website, and they still seem to have the old pics for both the OS and VS. I hadn't seen the pic in the link you sent through though, which is completely different, so maybe Sirena is going to be different again. I can't help feeling that if Regatta's OS and VS looked like that, Oceania would be shouting it from the rooftops!

As Sirena will be undergoing a total refurbishment - turning from a Princess frog into an Oceania princess :D - maybe the other R ships will follow her lead at their next refurbishment (including the restaurant changes)?