Corral/ Island or the Star?

lois1112

Either Coral or Island. They're sister ship's (although they're not the same now :(.), but both are wonderful for Alaska!

The Coral will be in dry dock next January so things should be updated. Sorry, don't know about the Island's dry dock :(.

I am curious now...what is the disadvantage of the Star? We are booked on the Star northbound next summer

Wondering too :confused:

I sailed in a mini suite on the Island (2006 -before the changes) and just recently in an inside cabin on the Star (August 2015).

I really enjoyed both cruises very much!

I am curious now...what is the disadvantage of the Star? We are booked on the Star northbound next summer

We found that Skywalker was having water and mold issues to the point that I actually got sick up there. The ship was aware if the issue.

Nothing wrong with Star. Has more passengers, and doesn't have the production show "On the Bayou". Or the great library that Coral has. We prefer fewer passengers, but YMMV. We took Star this year and enjoyed the cruise thoroughly.

I was on the Star a year ago (Alaska)

I thought the ship was okay, but the staff was not.......first time on a princess ship for me that the staff was that way

also the food was so so

I spoke to my travel agent and she said the best staff gets first pick (and the staff likes the newer ships) so the oldest ships get the new/ worst staff

This is just my opinion...why I was concerned to begin with.

We've been on all three. The Coral is the best of the three. The Island, a sister ship, in our opinion is a distant second. The Star is light years behind in last place. The Coral has a good, warm casual feel about it. It was in wonderful condition. We've been on it three times. We've gone from L A to Ft. Lauderdale on our last trip. We thought the crew staff were exceptionally good. They were casual, very friendly and accessible, and accommodating and very efficient. That's why we rate it so much ahead of the Island. The Island did not have that warm friendly vibe. With crews turning over, no telling how many of the same crew that we encountered are still on the ship. The food from start to finish was great! We never had a bad meal and we rate the food that we had on our year end Canal cruise, maybe the best of all our 20 Princess cruises.