Best stateroom location Forward or Aft?

sinned19

Hello,

We are looking to book a balcony cabin on the Caribbean princess deck 10 Caribe deck and are looking at Forward or AFT cabins, which location is better?

Are the engines located in the front or back of the ship?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

We are looking to book a balcony cabin on the Caribbean princess deck 10 Caribe deck and are looking at Forward or AFT cabins, which location is better?

Thanks for your help.

We usually book aft and like the cabins. This time we are midship and on our Hawaiian cruise were are clear to the front of the ship. All cabins are on the Caribe. We won't book a cruise where the cabin is completely aft due to the noise and soot. Engines are aft and you will hear them if you're clear aft. I would book midship if you are afraid of aft or forward.

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Going to get a lot of personal preferences.

I don't think you are going to hear anything much in engine noise up on deck 10.

And because just about everyone wants aft and mid-ship, the forward cabins are cheaper. My wife and I don't seem too affected by the motion up front, so we're happy to take the cheaper fare up there. We often find affordable Caribe balconies in the front when most of them are gone elsewhere.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

I think location matters most if you're in a balcony cabin. I've had cabins far forward, far aft and midship, high decks, low decks and everything in between.

My favourite has to have been the few times we had a rear-facing cabin. I like the cabins closer to the aft because they'e nice and quiet.

The forward cabin seemed windier and I could hear the waves crashing against the bow on some of the rougher sea days. But it was still fine, too.

Ones I liked the least were the ones too close to the elevators/stairs and above/below common areas (due to noise). We also had a rotten one on the lowest deck over some weird hydraulic pump sounding thing. The constant hum drove me absolutely crazy.

If you're noise averse like me keep your cabin between other cabins. Also avoid areas that are unidentified on the deck plan and laundromats. It's better to be across or beside other cabins than the linen closet that gets opened and closed many times an hour when the steward is working.

We used to book only mid ship mini suite cabins - now that we tried the aft balconies, that is all we want......just love those aft balconies - the sound of the wake and the view is amazing - we have never had an issue with noise or soot as some OP have stated. We are willing to give up the extra cabin space and larger bathroom for the aft balconies.

eclue:rolleyes:

We used to book only mid ship mini suite cabins - now that we tried the aft balconies, that is all we want......just love those aft balconies - the sound of the wake and the view is amazing - we have never had an issue with noise or soot as some OP have stated. We are willing to give up the extra cabin space and larger bathroom for the aft balconies.

eclue:rolleyes:

I was able to get a rear facing balcony on my last cruise. I had heard all the bad things, but was the best, most enjoyable cabin I have ever had. That includes the Caribe Deck with larger balcony's

Since we spend a fair amount of time on the balcony while at sea, we prefer aft and have a real nice premium aft balcony on our upcoming Royal Princess voyage next month. One benefit is the proximity to the HC for either breakfast or that quick evening meal.

However, it is fun to be forward when coming into port and since we don't book a forward cabin, we go there on one of the open decks.

To OP: Depends on the seas too. Forward is fine in calm weather.

As you didn't mention in original post where and when you were traveling, if you are sailing out of Houston in winter, and sailing through Gulf, book aft or midship...I believe that is where the CP is this winter.

To OP: Depends on the seas too. Forward is fine in calm weather.

As you didn't mention in original post where and when you were traveling, if you are sailing out of Houston in winter, and sailing through Gulf, book aft or midship...I believe that is where the CP is this winter.

Though - one can never predict smooth seas!

Edited by Coral

Cabins on the back of the ship have almost no wind and the balcony is usually bigger.

We prefer far forward - less traffic (except usually ship's officers). Motion in the forward area tends to be up and down, while aft kind of corkscrews. You can get noise in either - thrusters in bow or stern coming into port.

We also don't like too near the elevators. Lots of folks seem to like to yell up and down the halls near them.