ships docked on ports

alpogi8

hi all, been away for a while but now back to cruising... I have been looking for the link/website here in CC to see how many ships are docked at a particular port . I'm looking at doing the Caribbean cruise this spring or summer. thanks for the help

Perhaps you are looking for this website: http://ports.cruisett.com/

Click on the specific ports, then the month & year.

Jazzy

That site is notoriously inaccurate. Try http://www.cruisetimetables.com, or cruisecal.com. Cruisecal is a pay site, but it will give you the ships visiting today, and if you have a particular cruise in mind, the Itinerary Lookup in the menu bar is free. EM

After checking the sites provided by earlier posters, and you have identified the ports in which you are interested, you should co to the sites each port maintains as a way of confirming information. Virtually every port has a port site - you might have to surf a bit, just start with the name of the island/port and enter "port" - you will be surprised at the information available.

It really doesn't matter how many ships are there...each port only allows what they can handle....and you can't do anything about it, anyway! Makes no difference.

Sure you can. Book another date or itinerary that doesn't have as many boats in port at the same time.

Sure you can. Book another date or itinerary that doesn't have as many boats in port at the same time.

Information is power. If you know in advance a port will be particularly crowded, you can make plans in advance that allow you to enjoy the most of the port. By knowing, you can adjust where you may want lunch, which beach may be off the tourist beat etc

Information is power. If you know in advance a port will be particularly crowded, you can make plans in advance that allow you to enjoy the most of the port. By knowing, you can adjust where you may want lunch, which beach may be off the tourist beat etc

Yea, pretty much what I said. :rolleyes:

After checking the sites provided by earlier posters, and you have identified the ports in which you are interested, you should co to the sites each port maintains as a way of confirming information. Virtually every port has a port site - you might have to surf a bit, just start with the name of the island/port and enter "port" - you will be surprised at the information available.

I google each port with "cruise ship calendar." Usually I can find the official website for each port and many of these have a calendar listing ships and even berths.

It really doesn't matter how many ships are there...each port only allows what they can handle....and you can't do anything about it, anyway! Makes no difference.

It certainly does matter. At St. Maarten, for example, there might be one or two ships with fewer than 4,000 passengers or five ships with over 15,000 passengers. There will be a big difference in rental car availability, taxis, general crowding, etc.

Yea, pretty much what I said. :rolleyes:

Looking at the time of your post and the time of mine, it appears I was typing as you were posting and I did not see your post until after I posted mine. That happens sometimes when there is only a few minutes between posts. Sorry.

Now that I reread both our messages, I don't think they are saying the same thing.

You suggest booking a different date or itinerary and I suggest adjusting plans of what to do in that port on that day if there are too many cruisers expected ashore.