Safety on Carnival... How much do you trust your ship's crew?

curious_st

Is it true that if you jump into the water with a life jacket on you have to hold it down so the impact doesn't snap one's neck?

I've heard that's how many people on the Titanic died. Cruise line fiction or fact? Never heard it discussed in a muster drill.

I'm not sure if it's to keep it from snapping your neck, but more than likely to keep it in place so it doesn't go over your head. I am a scuba diver and I was taught to put one hand on my BC (Buoyancy Compensator aka "vest") to keep it in place "just in case" and the other on mask/regulator upon entering the water. I think it might be along the same lines for the life jacket. But it's just a presumption on my part.

Trust NO ONE, and never walk alone.

Carnival crimes are listed on the corporate website. Odd that they are hidden, and not on the Carnival Cruise Line site.

And never discount reviewing the cruise law news site, regardless of what people think about the "owner".

Trust NO ONE, and never walk alone.

Carnival crimes are listed on the corporate website. Odd that they are hidden, and not on the Carnival Cruise Line site.

And never discount reviewing the cruise law news site, regardless of what people think about the "owner".

Ummmm, did I miss something?