Coffee Card

artvlay

Going on Regal and have a question regarding the coffee card.

On the website description for the card it says "enjoy 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise."

Don't you always get brewed coffee for free anyway even without the card?

Free coffee is syrup based. The regular coffee with the card is fresh brewed.

Reports have varied in regard to Royal and Regal. I'm pretty sure I've read posts saying fresh brewed was available for free on these ships but I sometimes get things wrong so...

Someone who has cruised these particular ships will need to verify.

Free coffee is syrup based. The regular coffee with the card is fresh brewed.

The maitre de' on Royal Princess told me that all coffee on the Royal & the Regal is brewed. No syrup based coffee.

I don't know if the IC uses the same quality or blend of beans.

Going on Regal and have a question regarding the coffee card.

On the website description for the card it says "enjoy 15 hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with unlimited brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise."

Don't you always get brewed coffee for free anyway even without the card?

As stated above, Regal has brewed coffee and not from syrup. But the coffee from IC is never free. IDK if anyone knows how much the IC brewed differs from the regular coffee available elsewhere on board. Perhaps a question for a food services manager or IC manager.

As stated above, Regal has brewed coffee and not from syrup. But the coffee from IC is never free. IDK if anyone knows how much the IC brewed differs from the regular coffee available elsewhere on board. Perhaps a question for a food services manager or IC manager.

So if you have a coffee card and you go to the IC, do you get brewed coffee for free without having your card punched?

Our experience has been you purchase the coffee card, you go to the International Cafe, show your card (as long as it has the current Voyage Number on the back of the card) and you can get as much brewed coffee as you want.

Specialty coffees (i.e. lattes, mochas and the like) will cost you a punch. Even if your entire card is punched out, as long as it is the same Voyage, they will still provide you with free brewed coffee.

(At least it was this way in February...)

Our experience has been you purchase the coffee card, you go to the International Cafe, show your card (as long as it has the current Voyage Number on the back of the card) and you can get as much brewed coffee as you want.

Specialty coffees (i.e. lattes, mochas and the like) will cost you a punch. Even if your entire card is punched out, as long as it is the same Voyage, they will still provide you with free brewed coffee.

(At least it was this way in February...)

My experience has been if you have a coffee card from a previous cruise you can still use it for brewed coffee but you will get a hole punched in the card until it is finished.

My experience has been if you have a coffee card from a previous cruise you can still use it for brewed coffee but you will get a hole punched in the card until it is finished.[/quote

I have had the same experience with the previous cruise coffee cards.

You can also get really tasty hot chocolate (they will add whipped cream, cinnamon, etc) and on Regal/Royal and a couple of other ships you can get Gelato.

In addition to Gelato you can also get Sundaes, Banana Splits and on sea days, crepes (my favorite). One punch for each on Royal/Regal.

At least with me, I TRIED to use a non-punched coffee card from a previous cruise to get the brewed coffee and was promptly told NO by the folks in the IC. They looked at the back of the card and point blank asked me if I purchased it this cruise. Being the really bad liar I am, I did admit to purchasing that particular card on a previous voyage. The rep behind the counter took my card, wrote something on the back, and told me I could use the card for punches for specialty coffees only and not for the brewed coffee.

Maybe the crew was a little more lax with the passengers in the previous posts. But they did not let me get away with anything...

At least with me, I TRIED to use a non-punched coffee card from a previous cruise to get the brewed coffee and was promptly told NO by the folks in the IC. They looked at the back of the card and point blank asked me if I purchased it this cruise. Being the really bad liar I am, I did admit to purchasing that particular card on a previous voyage. The rep behind the counter took my card, wrote something on the back, and told me I could use the card for punches for specialty coffees only and not for the brewed coffee.

Maybe the crew was a little more lax with the passengers in the previous posts. But they did not let me get away with anything...

So they are suppose to write information on the back of the card? I have had 2 coffee cards with nothing written on the back. Plenty of punches left on the last one. I will see how much of a problem I have on our upcoming cruise. Tom :confused:

I think we are at the mercy of each crew behind the counter of the IC. When I said the old cards can be used for brewed coffee, they will punch a hole (or not)...the same for a specialty coffee used with an old card.

The cards are quantity controlled--not time controlled.

This is what is printed on the back of the coffee cards -

Present this card when receiving your specialty coffee and your server will punch a hole into the card.

Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage. Complimentary coffee and tea only applicable to voyage of purchase.

This card entitles the cardholder to 15 specialty coffees.

Can't blame a girl for trying! ;)

But it's not complimentary if you allow them to punch a hole, right? I wonder if that is an acceptable option?

Right now I have 3 used coffee cards with a total of sixteen holes NOT punched. We will be buying another card on our next 15-day cruise next month. I think we will be thoroughly caffeinated. :D

I seem to collect coffee cards like I collect BART cards. They never seem to get totally used up.

Edited by iceleven

How much is the card and where do you buy it?$33. Buy at the International Cafe or a table that is set up for the purpose (usually in the Horizon Court). Or buy online before you sail.

So is all other coffee in mdr, buffet, etc made from syrup?

what brand is the tea and do they have any specialty teas like tea forte on Celebrity!

Coffee on Regal/Royal is apparently fresh brewed.

All other ships, the only fresh brewed available is at the IC or some of the bars.

Most of the teas in the buffet are Lipton. You can request a specific flavor of tea in the MDR (same flavors as what is available in the buffet).

Different fancier teas available in the IC. Can't remember any specific flavors (except for Earl Grey).