Pickle-Ball on Celebrity Eclipse

Alanontheseas

[Googles "pickleball," hoping nothing torrid shows up]

There's a multipurpose athletic court on 15. One could play any number of obscure sports up there. Jai alai, bo-taoshi, pesapallo, quidditch, curling, mustache-growing, mustache-curling, et al, et al. But not one specific to pickleball.

I am familiar with pickleball but not the Eclipse although am currently on Equinox. I think the wind would make play very difficult and I can imagine many wiffle balls ending up at sea. IMO.
Not to worry.

Cruise ships have netting or fencing around their courts where basketball and other such games are played specifically to prevent that from happening.

I posted this awhile ago with no response. Does anyone know if the Eclipse has a pickleball court up there in the basketball area (or anywhere else)?

We sail in about three weeks.

In fact, you received 15 responses to your original request. If you didn't get the answer you were looking for, I'd guess the answer is "no".

I'm familiar with the court on the Eclipse from a cruise a couple of years ago. I seem to recall that it is quite sheltered when the ship is on the move. And of course it is fenced. I did send a couple of requests to Celebrity and received the usual 'your enquiry is important and you will get a reply in 48 hours' but of course, no reply. I'm taking that as a 'no'.

Pickleball players, arise and flood Celebrity with requests!

[Googles "pickleball," hoping nothing torrid shows up]

There's a multipurpose athletic court on 15. One could play any number of obscure sports up there. Jai alai, bo-taoshi, pesapallo, quidditch, curling, mustache-growing, mustache-curling, et al, et al. But not one specific to pickleball.

Google a little further, it appears the OP makes his living off of the game he's touting :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

1. Fanatics won't take no for an answer. 2. It gives incentive to those who otherwise may not go if he/she can play while on the ship.

In fact, you received 15 responses to your original request. If you didn't get the answer you were looking for, I'd guess the answer is "no".

• 2 weeks later...

Even if the area is mostly sheltered there is no way in h3ll you could play pickleball when the ship is underway....the relative wind the ship produces would have the ball flying everywhere except where you attempted to hit it to....

• 2 years later...

I can understand your obsession with pickle-ball. I just took up the sport 6 months ago and I became addicted.

I go up to the basketball court on occasion to shoot some hoops and sometimes get into a pick-up game and I never seen a net. Safe guess would be, no pickle-ball.

I posted this awhile ago with no response. Does anyone know if the Eclipse has a pickleball court up there in the basketball area (or anywhere else)?

We sail in about three weeks.

No pickle ball for you!:)

Just an FYI, the only time I have seen and played Pickle ball was on the Crown Princess as we went to Hawaii and back from California. They had a multi purpose court that was available for Pickle ball when the court was not in use for Basketball. It was very windy and difficult to play while on a sea day.

We did, however, have a group of about 6 to 8 that played several times.

Doug

Google a little further, it appears the OP makes his living off of the game he's touting :rolleyes:

I wouldn't like to be on that cruise resting on the upper deck while pickle-ball is going on. Hear it all the time in Florida and the noise from the court is very irritating.