Luggage storage/food options on Ruby Princess

ametrinel

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess and wondering about luggage storage (we have a balcony room on the Baja deck. On RCL we can easily slide our empty suitcases under the bed. Is that possible on the Ruby Princess? If not, where do you put your luggage?

I know the Horizon Court is the buffet. What are the other included (free) options for food, meals, snacks, etc.

Thanks for the help!

I laughed when I read the title of the thread, picturing stored luggage full of popcorn. ;) Another free option is the Trident Grill on deck where you can get hamburgers, etc. Then there is the pizza station, also on deck, with great pizza. There will also be an ice cream counter in the same general area. Oh, and the popcorn is free during Movies Under the Stars. Afternoon tea in one of the dining rooms at 3:30 will have sandwiches and sweets, including scones. Don't forget the main dining room food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Edited by shredie

I laughed when I read the title of the thread, picturing stored luggage full of popcorn. ;) Another free option is the Trident Grill on deck where you can get hamburgers, etc. Then there is the pizza station, also on deck, with great pizza. There will also be an ice cream counter in the same general area. Oh, and the popcorn is free during Movies Under the Stars. Afternoon tea in one of the dining rooms at 3:30 will have sandwiches and sweets, including scones. Don't forget the main dining room food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Lol! I didn't even think of the title like that. Gave me a chuckle.

Edited by ametrinel

Okay, and I forgot to mention afternoon cookies and milk. Some servers will come around on deck in the afternoon with free cookies and milk. They also show up in the Piazza. I don't remember if this is just sea days or not, but someone else will know.

We are just off the Ruby a week ago. You can slide the luggage under the bed or we just set it upright in backside of the closet area. There is lots of storage in the closet for hanging things and a cabinet as well. As for eating options...lots of choices, Horizon Court buffet, the International Cafe in the Piazza area, the pizza , burgers, hot dogs fries etc..., ice cream... all in the Lido the deck pool,area. And the traditional dinning room, the anytime dinning rooms. The additional pay are Crown Grill, Sabatini's

You will enjoy the ship, it is a good crew, friendly and helpful

We were also on Baja deck, nice location. We have been on several Princess ships, just know you need to be early to the theater to get a seat for the shows. We enjoyed our cruise, hope you do also.

Cori

Don't forget the MDR!

Exactly. Breakfast, Lunch (on sea days) and Diner. And, also, Pub Lunch when offered, and afternoon tea, and, occasionally a special theme based lunch. You have to daily look in the Patter to see what is available.

Edited by ar1950

Lots of storage in the cabin: Besides placing the empty suitcases under the bed your cabin area will be separated by a large open closet which is approximately 6’ long with a 5 shelf closet at the end. One shelf will have the cabin safe. In the cabin area each bedside table has two drawers and a shelf, and the desk area has two additional drawers. There will be a shelf on top of the fridge and above that a TV shelf with space to hold some items.

Free dining is available in:

MDR’s open every day for breakfast and dinner and lunch on sea days.

International Café, open 24/7 serving breakfast items, paninis, soup, salads, desserts, warm cookies and milk around 3pm and overnight snacks.

Pub Lunch at the Wheelhouse Bar on certain sea days.

Horizon Ct./Café Caribe buffet area, one or more sections open continuously from 5am until 11pm/midnight serving all meals, fruits, cheese, various snack items, coffee, hot tea, ice tea, lemonade, juices in the morning, milk.

Trident Grill open 11am to 11pm serving burgers, dogs, brats, fries, veggie burgers and some BBQ items in the evening.

Prego Pizza, pizza by the slice also open 11am to 11pm.

Room Service, except whole pizza which has a $3 delivery charge.

Vines serves plates of sushi & tapas with the purchase of any drink.

You can get bar snacks with your drinks at various lounge bars including bar mix, nuts, olive tray.

Surcharge restaurants includes, Crown Grill and either “Share” or Sabatini’s depending on the date you sail. “Share” will replace Sabatini’s on the Ruby Princess. The Ruby will also offer the Crab Shack. Other special dining includes the Chef’s Table, Balcony breakfast and dinner

Edited by sknight

Okay, and I forgot to mention afternoon cookies and milk. Some servers will come around on deck in the afternoon with free cookies and milk. They also show up in the Piazza. I don't remember if this is just sea days or not, but someone else will know.

Of all of our cruises, only once were we able to get cookies. My DW was so happy. I guess we were in other places when they were served.

I wish I had place (besides my stomach) to put all the food you can eat. Lunch in HC, the trident grill, the ice cream bar, (I can't eat cheese), so I can't say pizza, but my DW loves it. Food, you never have to worry. Oh I forgot the desserts at the IC.

Of all of our cruises, only once were we able to get cookies. My DW was so happy. I guess we were in other places when they were served.

You may not see them when they come around, but you can go to the International Cafe (if your ship has one) anytime in the afternoon or evening to get newly made cookies.