Meet & Greet info for organizers

trbarton

Here's the response I received from Princess when I asked for the names of officers for my cruise.

"We no longer get the rotation schedule with the onboard staff information. You are welcome to invite the Senior staff. In order to avoid any miss understanding, you will need to send a formal invitation for the respective Officers. Bring your invitation with the title of the officers you wish to invite. Take them to the Passenger Service Desk and they will help you place the names and distribute them for you."

So the only officers that you will have is from the Pre-Cruise emails.

Tom:)

Here's the response I received from Princess when I asked for the names of officers for my cruise.

"We no longer get the rotation schedule with the onboard staff information. You are welcome to invite the Senior staff. In order to avoid any miss understanding, you will need to send a formal invitation for the respective Officers. Bring your invitation with the title of the officers you wish to invite. Take them to the Passenger Service Desk and they will help you place the names and distribute them for you."

That's what I was told, too. I just put titles without names on the invitations.

That's what I was told, too. I just put titles without names on the invitations.

I have been doing this for years Just adding any names that we are told from e-mails otherwise their title

On the Emerald recently I put the name only of the CD Lee Childers on the envelope and when I gave them to the Pursers desk the girl said Who Is He? I pointed out it was the CD but she did not know????????????? Their title is important

Totally got the same response for the Island Princess Grand Mediterranean 9/19/15 sailing. Obviously we did know the Captain and the CD, so those invites were addressed specifically. Once onboard, I addressed the rest to pre-printed invites that I printed at home. I did individually thank each officer who attended our M&G. Many were shocked & impressed as they had never received thank you notes in the past. :)

Well, that's too bad that Princess no longer offerss this. I always liked to have the envelopes addressed with the recipient's name and rank prior to boarding, and drop them at Passenger Services asap after boarding as possible.

Having the names enabled me to personalize the invitations themselves too.

• 1 month later...
I fill my invites in from the officer list on the first Princess Patter once in our cabin.
That's what I do. Have never needed to know the names of the officers before boarding. It's all right there in the "Welcome Aboard!" Patter. Edited by Pam in CA

Princess sent this out with this typo?

or is Miss Understanding a new position?

:)

Edited by FoghornLeghorn

Hi there. Who (what officers) do you typically invite to the meet and greet? I'm not sure who "senior staff" are!

Thanks, Cheryl

Captain

Staff Captain

Hotel Manager

Customer Service Manager

F&B Manager

Cruise Director

MD

Exec Chef

Etc

Edited by Colo Cruiser

My most recent experience in August was that they reluctantly give the officers names if you request them about a week in advance but it really depends upon who you are dealing with at Princess. However, I always bring along some blank letters of invitation in the event the names that I have don't quite match up with those in the Patters. An other idea is to ask someone on the roll call for the cruise before yours to email you the names....not always 100% but usually pretty close.

We sailed on Sea Princess in November and I printed out a general invitations on Cruise Critic letterhead created from the CC Door Sign, to all Senior Officers to attend our M&G. I handed these in at the Service Desk and asked that they could be placed in the mailboxes of the Senior Officers.

The captain and about 5 other Senior Officers made the time to attend and talk to us. While there the Captain said he hoped we all had adequate travel insurance as we were heading into an area (PNG) with little facilities for medical evacuation. Lo and behold, later that day the ship had to detour toward Townsville and in the morning a helicopter medivaced a passenger while a Coast Guard plane circled, observing the procedure. Although the helicopter couldn't land and the passenger had to be winched up, all passengers from the two decks below the pickup point had to be moved to the theatre for safety.

Hi putterdude

Used to get lists on request even had contact details, now just get a standard

reply so stopped asking, better just to ask an officer you know to give you details.

its like the ships cruise programme once you could get a copy now its like its

top secret.

yours Shogun

• 3 weeks later...