Is there a cost if I request a robe?

moki'smommy

No charge, unless you want to take it home! We always check off request robe - and usually don't get it/them unless we ask for them. On embarkation day I think they're all being laundered, and you only have to ask your room steward and he/she will make sure you have them as soon as they are available - no charge. On the cruise we just got back from, we had checked off the robe in the online check-in, but never got them - we also didn't ever ask our steward for them as we weren't needing them.

No charge, as long as the robe is still there when you disembark. Or more specifically the night before, which is when your steward will inventory your cabin for any chargeable items consumed.

Also note that it is likely the robe will not appear until late evening or the next morning after embarkation. I had forgotten that long ago I had ticked the box for a robe in my Captain's Circle preferences until last year on the Ruby when for the first time it was in the closet upon first boarding.

The only "cost" is to your dignity when you try to fit into the robe. They come in Shrunk, Extra Shrunk, and Baby Elf sizes.

Even though you may check the box on the personalizer it is likely you won't find a robe in your cabin and will have to ask the steward to provide one.

No charge, unless you want to take it home! We always check off request robe - and usually don't get it/them unless we ask for them. On embarkation day I think they're all being laundered, and you only have to ask your room steward and he/she will make sure you have them as soon as they are available - no charge. On the cruise we just got back from, we had checked off the robe in the online check-in, but never got them - we also didn't ever ask our steward for them as we weren't needing them.

If in interior, can still get a robe?

Yes, all cabins (just as all cabins will have a mini-fridge:)).

Most of the time when we had checked the box for a robe, we haven't gotten one (I think once or twice they were in our closet when we got there). But the last cruise we didn't bother to ask our steward. Not a big deal for us.

The only "cost" is to your dignity when you try to fit into the robe. They come in Shrunk, Extra Shrunk, and Baby Elf sizes.

Even though you may check the box on the personalizer it is likely you won't find a robe in your cabin and will have to ask the steward to provide one.

😂😂😂 That's the truth!

Those waffle robes on Princess work out great for me -- warm enough without being too heavy. :)

If your cabin steward tells you they won't be ready until in the AM, just very nicely and politely say you don't have one with you and really need one by that evening. He'll find you one.

LuLu

OMG! Best post of the year!

I've always wondered why I get that extra charge at the end :D. Just kidding. We have however been given a few and because they don't really fit either big or little I finally gave them all away to my local charity.

I'm doing my on line check in--booked in a balcony cabin on Caribbean Princess. It asks if I want to request a robe. Is there a charge if I request a robe? Honestly' date=' it would be convenient but not necessary.[/quote']

Bottom Line: YES, you can get a robe and they are at no charge! ... No Problem!

Look forward to having a great cruise on Caribbean Princess! :)

LuLu

Or if you want a different way of looking at it, you paid for the robes up front and got the cruise for free!!:D

Seriously though, while not particularly comfortable, we have always gotten robes that fit OK. Maybe just dumb luck. I would certainly ask for a larger size if the ones provided did not fit.

To the OP, if you have requested robes and they aren't in the cabin, ask the room steward. If they are too small, ask the room steward if he or she can scratch up a larger size. May not get it, but, then again, you may.

If there was a like button I would check it. This made me laugh.

I'm doing my on line check in--booked in a balcony cabin on Caribbean Princess. It asks if I want to request a robe. Is there a charge if I request a robe? Honestly' date=' it would be convenient but not necessary.[/quote']

The only 'charge' is to your self-esteem, when if you are bigger

than a size 00, the robe won't close.

After a moment of sadness, you realize that the robes have been

laundered so many times, that they have shrunk to fit

barbie and skipper. (although not at the same time)

I borrow a robe from the spa. Nicer fabric and it fits my matronly curves. And when we were on the Golden last winter when I was in the spa daily for acupuncture due to a bad fall while on the preceding land tour, I asked if I could buy one and they sold it to me. So I have my own Lotus Spa robe at home. Don't bring it on cruises since I can always borrow one.

Linda