I know I am posting this question on HAL forum and not Port Everglades

hugger

However, I also know that HAL CCer's are so Great at giving the correct information.

We are looking for recommendations for shuttle/transportation from the Hilton Marina to the Eurodam the end of November.

Wondering IF anyone here on HAL forum has a company that they prefer to work with

As ALWAYS THANK YOU for your insight's

However, I also know that HAL CCer's are so Great at giving the correct information.

We are looking for recommendations for shuttle/transportation from the Hilton Marina to the Eurodam the end of November.

Wondering IF anyone here on HAL forum has a company that they prefer to work with

As ALWAYS THANK YOU for your insight's

Just take a cab - cheap! You are so close to the port - shouldn't be more than $10.

Thank you to each of you that said to take a taxi. I called Yellow Cab it's 12.00 to the ship - same as riding the big shuttle bus when you figure two of us going over.

I appreciate the help - have a great evening.:)

We were advised to ask at the hotel about flat-rate shuttles (they all have a couple they use) versus cabs when going to the cruise terminal as it's not unusual to get stuck in line with a cab meter running while waiting to get to the passenger drop-off. When leaving the terminal this is not an issue, take a cab.

Edited by blizzardboy

My vote is for a cab not a van. Like the door to terminal delivery without waiting at various ship's terminals to drop off people and watching to make sure my luggage is not cruising off on a different ship. Ask the hotel to schedule a cab when you check in for the time we want to leave for the port. Have never had to wait more than a very few minutes past the scheduled time and they are often early.

Yes, this is why a Taxi is pretty much recommended from many of the hotels including the one you are staying at .

Have a great cruise.

Keith

Quick and Safe Transportation - I called them it is a bus shuttle from what the man told me and 6.00 a piece. We would rather have a private transfer for the same rate.

We over pack being we drive to Ft Lauderdale - it's easy to take more than we need - DH is just as bad as I am. I truly am trying to take less this year. However, then we decide to bring our own wine and pay corkage - that add's an additional piece of roll on insulated wine transport. DH just informed me he want's to bring 3 or 4 - 12 packs of soda, and I take a 24 bottle pack of water (have learned in recent year's that this helps with swollen ankles). That will mean an extra 3 pieces basically. We just tape the water and soda together and slap a luggage tag on them. But it is cumbersome.

Granted on debarkation day we won't have as much left when we take the shuttle back to Budget for our return home.

We have decided to use the 25.00 stuff it laundry bag so maybe the luggage will be down to 3 rather than 4 large pieces this year.

Along with our two roll on flight bags

Hope the taxi driver doesn't just keep moving when he see's us:eek:

Thank you all for your help and tips. I have the number for Yellow cab and will call them directly to arrange for pick up at the hotel. We like to get to the port fairly early so will most likely have them pick us up at 10:30 to head over.

Edited by hugger

Taxi. Your hotel is about as close to the port as you can get. There's a taxi line right outside the HAL terminal.

If you need something to do that night, grab the Water Taxi. The dock is right by your hotel. Seeing Fort Lauderdale by boat at night when the Christmas decorations are up is not to be missed.

Taxi. Your hotel is about as close to the port as you can get. There's a taxi line right outside the HAL terminal.

If you need something to do that night, grab the Water Taxi. The dock is right by your hotel. Seeing Fort Lauderdale by boat at night when the Christmas decorations are up is not to be missed.

We have stayed several times at this hotel in past year's. However, the last 3-4 years they have been sold out when we were cruising. We always see the water taxi and I've never been able to talk DH into giving it a try. However, I hadn't thought about the Christmas decorations maybe being up this year. We will be there the weekend prior to Thanksgiving this cruise. Do you think the decorations will be up that early?

That would give me more incentive to talk DH into going.:)

Can you buy the ticket's right there at the hotel - do you know?

Edited by hugger

5 star's like TAKEUSAWAY!!!

We will be just 13 or 14 days from reaching our 4th star after this next cruise on the Eurodam.

We aspire to be like you 5 star/tier HAL cruiser's one day. Now that DH is retired hopefully we can get there.

Edited by hugger