Upgraded ..... Tell me I did the right thing.

mcchane1

I believe that is incorrect, the dbl points only work if you pay a market rate. So if you paid $2000 for a D2, and after final the JS was $2200, you could request an upgrade for $200 and get the dbl points. But if Royal calls and offers the JS to you for less than market rate difference, you will probably not get dbl points. That is how it was explained to me

You learn something everyday...Thanks....I usually book JS's and even after many years of cruising with RCI they have never called except to tell me to "have a nice cruise" my heart always skips a beat when I realize who's calling but then the let down ...

This is how it starts... They tempt you with a freebie or deeply discounted product. You say to yourself, "its only one time, I wont get hooked.... I am stronger than that.. i deserve this!"

Then... You experience the euphoria. Once is not enough. Before you know it, only an Owners Suite will do.... Then, one day you are in the Penthouse, and wondering "How did I get here??"

The next cruise, someone takes the PH and you are left scrounging for a royal suite or worse. You have hit rock bottom. Something has to give.

It's a slippery slope proceed with caution....

I'll take Junior Suite for $115! LOL!

OP, great score for you! Have no doubt, you did great!

About the double points.... As long as the OP paid something for the move to JS they should earn double C&A points for JS. Doesn't matter if it 'market value' or not, OP paid for a JS, so they get the benefits. If it was a true upgrade without any out-of-pocket cost, no double points, but that is not the case as they posted the upgrade to JS cost them $115.

About the double points.... As long as the OP paid something for the move to JS they should earn double C&A points for JS. Doesn't matter if it 'market value' or not, OP paid for a JS, so they get the benefits. If it was a true upgrade without any out-of-pocket cost, no double points, but that is not the case as they posted the upgrade to JS cost them $115.

Surprise! That's the old rule.

They are now denying double points to people who get a cheap upsell.

No consistency, of course.

Just a cautionary tale: it may happen.

Not to doubt you, but do we know that for sure having happened? I got the free upgrade to a JS and as expected got the single points.

Wow! Thanks for the info. I had this happen to me in late 2013 and I got the points, so I thought that I was speaking from experience. Well, that will teach me. LOL!

I disagree, hopefully the OP will let us know

They didn't "offer me an upsell". I check the current price online yesterday and called and told them the difference was $115 and could I upgrade. Took a long time (50 minutes on the phone and manager involvement) but they told me yes and I have gotten the new confirmation.

They didn't "offer me an upsell". I check the current price online yesterday and called and told them the difference was $115 and could I upgrade. Took a long time (50 minutes on the phone and manager involvement) but they told me yes and I have gotten the new confirmation.

That may work then. Please let us know the outcome

Either way on the points, congrats for scoring the JS. :)

I just gave up my superior balcony hump cabin for a forward jr suite. I hope it's the right choice. I know I had a "prime" cabin but I'm hoping the jr suite is worth it. And personal experiences/ thoughts welcome.

WORTH IT!!!!

More space. Double points. in-suite coffee and tea set up. Large balcony. Re walk in closet - Quantum class ships do not have walk-in closets in Spa Junior Suites (but does have good amount of closet space either side of the bed plus additional storage space.....also worth it!)

I tried to reprint my cruise documents and luggage tags since changing rooms and they are still showing the old room number yet, any suggestions?

Same thing just happened to me this week I paid upgrade from inside to GS leaving Sunday yay!! Any ways my luggage tags and docs didn't change after a couple of days I called them and they fixed it the correct new ones were then downloadable within the hour.

Enjoy!

I tried to reprint my cruise documents and luggage tags since changing rooms and they are still showing the old room number yet, any suggestions?

Call whoever booked your cruise and ask for your cruise docs to be re-issued.

I welcome everyone's comment and replies to my post.

Just want to clarify:

I am not saying definitively that you will NOT get the double points. I am saying that several people were denied, so be prepared!!!!

:)

I welcome everyone's comment and replies to my post.

Just want to clarify:

I am not saying definitively that you will NOT get the double points. I am saying that several people were denied, bonus points for so be prepared!!!!

:)

Carol, did you see the email from Celebrity that their new upgrade program would not push you to the bonus points given to the higher level?