Current Concierges continued discussion

Here is a situation that I have not run into before....and wondering if any of you have:

While on Freedom we booked the Vision Panama Canal cruise. When we got home, I noticed that on the website the port charges/taxes were considerably lower than what we were charged (by over $50/pp). I called and asked to have them corrected. They ultimately told me that if they were lower when we boarded the ship (in Nov. 2018), we could ask at the pier during check-in and receive on-board credit.:rolleyes:

This sounds rather strange to me.

It sounds strange to me, too. I would call back, speak to another agent, and if necessary, ask to speak to the Resolution department.:confused:

Vojtech is a hard-worker! Instead of sitting behind his computer he pitches in and tends bar, serves, etc. :cocktail:

Silly me, I thought that was their job.....

We have had a couple concierges that do not seem to think so.

We had a cruise earlier this year where it would take 20-25 minutes to get our first drink. We started stopping at a bar and got a drink before we entered the lounge.

You are so right about the services of the concierge, Karen! Can anyone comment on Carlington now on the Liberty? We have found that new concierges sometimes are sort of overwhelmed by a passenger dynamic that is new to them.
Have heard great things about Carlington from a friend and other folks who sailed with him on FR, when he was DL Concierge.

I don't typically have much interaction with DL concierges but I did have a few issues on Oasis in early June and found Beatrice to be extremely friendly and helpful. Basically, I got charged for what should have been free Sea Pass Diamond drinks and guest relations tried to tell me those were only good for beer/wine/soda (which I obviously knew was incorrect) and when the agent called some sort of supervisor, he supported the incorrect understanding. I brought this to Beatrice's attention and she not only removed the charges but thanked me for alerting her so she could take measures to better educate guest relations. She also told me to come straight to her in the future (which I did have to do one more time).

So naturally I just noticed she's now on vacation and won't be in the DL for my July 9th Oasis cruise.

Not a big deal, just curious, anyone have experience with Dudley Jean?

Beatrice straightened out a few things for us when we sailed on OA last February. She is an excellent Concierge.

Is it my imagination or did the spread sheet used to have a Genie section too, or am I just missing the tab?
We used to have a Genie section on the Google Doc but there is now a separate thread on the RCI Board for Genies. I think you can find it using the search function. If I find the link, I will post it.

On the Enchantment Willy is the concierge and Jorge G is in the diamond lounge.

I thought I gave this information before I left but maybe I didn't.

I just got off the EN:

CL Willie

DL Jorge G

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the information -- I updated the Google Doc. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

From a friend who is on Radiance, Ricardo Sanchez who went to the to DL on 6-25 will be there until 10-7-2017. I updated the Google Doc:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pz4Im5qh4cqd1zE5A9srLm3wGd0_SNZwTdbLTa59EF4/edit#gid=0

Will Laura be back on after Ricardo? Would love to catch up with her on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have just seen on the master spreadsheet that the diamond lounge will be closed on all Asia sailings on Voyager. We are sailing Hk to Singapore in October and are very disappointed to read this. Does anyone know why and what will be provided in its place.

I have just seen on the master spreadsheet that the diamond lounge will be closed on all Asia sailings on Voyager. We are sailing Hk to Singapore in October and are very disappointed to read this. Does anyone know why and what will be provided in its place.

I would suspect that you will have access to the Concierge Lounge. There just aren't that many Crown and

Anchor members on the Asian sailings to have both open. This has been my experience on the 2 Asian sailings

that I've done.

Have heard great things about Carlington from a friend and other folks who sailed with him on FR, when he was DL Concierge.

Wasn't he DL concierge on Enchantment? If that is the same one, he is a really nice guy...very welcoming. :)