Current Concierges continued discussion

Sorry, you said "where there is only a Concierge Lounge"

I found it confusing

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I guess I'll stop writing here if I'm so confusing. I guess I took it for granted that most people would "get" that D+ usually go to a Concierge Lounge when it's available to them. DLs are always overcrowded. I have a migraine and a grandchild being shoved out the door at Children's who isn't well today. I shouldn't be writing ANYWHERE today.

I guess I'll stop writing here if I'm so confusing. I guess I took it for granted that most people would "get" that D+ usually go to a Concierge Lounge when it's available to them. DLs are always overcrowded. I have a migraine and a grandchild being shoved out the door at Children's who isn't well today. I shouldn't be writing ANYWHERE today.

Don't stress Karen. It's all good here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess it depends on the ship. Currently D+ as well but never went to CL on our Rhapsody TA, preferred the DL overflow thingy.

We did enjoy the CL on Serenade this spring. But we were in a Suite.

Sorry you are having a rough day

I do not know about the suites but when we were on Enchantment by 6 pm we were the only ones in either lounge. Few D,D+ and only 2 PC's.

We had those kind of voyages on Enchantment when she was in PC. But those are short cruises.

Does Grandeur do predominantly 9/12 or 9/5?

Diamond Plus members tip. On ships in Vision Class where there is only a Concierge lounge, lots of D+ folks who tip. MJ on Vision was awesome last fall. He got the biggest tip we have left to date. With a smaller ship and less suites, he had time to help everyone in there!
Good point Karen.

I like MJ alot also. He was our Concierge in FR's DL a couple of times.

I don't typically have much interaction with DL concierges but I did have a few issues on Oasis in early June and found Beatrice to be extremely friendly and helpful. Basically, I got charged for what should have been free Sea Pass Diamond drinks and guest relations tried to tell me those were only good for beer/wine/soda (which I obviously knew was incorrect) and when the agent called some sort of supervisor, he supported the incorrect understanding. I brought this to Beatrice's attention and she not only removed the charges but thanked me for alerting her so she could take measures to better educate guest relations. She also told me to come straight to her in the future (which I did have to do one more time).

So naturally I just noticed she's now on vacation and won't be in the DL for my July 9th Oasis cruise.

Not a big deal, just curious, anyone have experience with Dudley Jean?

Sorry, you said "where there is only a Concierge Lounge"

I found it confusing

I understood her to mean that it is a CL and not a SL, but I am probably wrong. :rolleyes:

I don't typically have much interaction with DL concierges but I did have a few issues on Oasis in early June and found Beatrice to be extremely friendly and helpful. Basically, I got charged for what should have been free Sea Pass Diamond drinks and guest relations tried to tell me those were only good for beer/wine/soda (which I obviously knew was incorrect) and when the agent called some sort of supervisor, he supported the incorrect understanding. I brought this to Beatrice's attention and she not only removed the charges but thanked me for alerting her so she could take measures to better educate guest relations. She also told me to come straight to her in the future (which I did have to do one more time).

So naturally I just noticed she's now on vacation and won't be in the DL for my July 9th Oasis cruise.

Not a big deal, just curious, anyone have experience with Dudley Jean?

I learned early on to use the Concierges whenever I could, to avoid Guest Services. No offense to Guest Services, but along with typically long lines, there is a lot of misinformation, for whatever reason. I have found that to be true for the 22 years we have sailed on RCI. It is one of the perks I like best about Concierges.

Having said that, my one and only experience with Dudley was so-so.

You are so right about the services of the concierge, Karen! Can anyone comment on Carlington now on the Liberty? We have found that new concierges sometimes are sort of overwhelmed by a passenger dynamic that is new to them.

We had Carlington on the Grandeur in May/June. We did not have any issues but he did make a Chops reservation for us. I really liked him and his always pleasant demeanor - and great smile too. He would always acknowledge us when we entered the lounge and was ready for conversation if not busy.

MJ is my favorite concierge with Felix from the Independence coming in second.

Love V in the diamond lounge on the Vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, we love MJ and Vojtech on the Vision. And also Felix and Jacque on the Indy. The downside of

having 2 great concierges on one ship is splitting our time between the two and tipping twice..... not that I mind. ha ha.

Dudley Jean has always been excellent with us - we will be on Oasis for 3 weeks pretty soon, looking forward to seeing him and the entire Oasis crew again.

Glad to hear it, Bob. I think we've discussed previously that experiences with Concierges can vary widely. :)

Here is a situation that I have not run into before....and wondering if any of you have:

While on Freedom we booked the Vision Panama Canal cruise. When we got home, I noticed that on the website the port charges/taxes were considerably lower than what we were charged (by over $50/pp). I called and asked to have them corrected. They ultimately told me that if they were lower when we boarded the ship (in Nov. 2018), we could ask at the pier during check-in and receive on-board credit.:rolleyes:

This sounds rather strange to me.