Embarkation Day celebrating?

LaraTiara

Hi All!

From the CC browsing, I see there are a variety of ways to celebrate embarkation day. We usually have a bottle of champagne and chill the remainder for the next day...

What are your favorite ways to celebrate a sail away?

Chocolate covered strawberries on our balcony. Stay on the balcony as we sail past the condos and breakwater, waving to the people on their condo balconies and to the people on the breakwater. We always try to book a balcony on the condo/breakwater side just for this reason. And of course now the added fun of watching the Coast Guard boat sending us off with flashing lights and siren.

It depends on which port we are cruising out of but when it is my own home port of San Francisco, I enjoy being topside, occasionally taking pics of the city, the Marin Headlands, GG bridge. Once we reach the Point Bonita Lighthouse (my personal landmark) I feel we are truly on our way and then I run inside because up until then I most likely was freezing my behind off.

Balcony celebration is always nice. Last time we left Ft Lauderdale, we went up to deck 15, right over the bridge and got the good folks at plz tv to vedio us and the Caribbean princess as we left port. For 9.95 you get both a picture and the video. good times and safe travels.

cheers

Before the sailaway, we usually get a daytime drink...and call our poor, land bound friends to say goodbye.....

We prefer to be up with the other passengers for sailaway.....just more fun than sitting on your balcony.....then we get on with our vacation!

Balcony celebration is always nice. Last time we left Ft Lauderdale, we went up to deck 15, right over the bridge and got the good folks at plz tv to vedio us and the Caribbean princess as we left port. For 9.95 you get both a picture and the video. good times and safe travels.

cheers

Question.. did you get a picture of you (actually you) or are you saying you ordered a picture of the ship with you standing on it someplace and the video of it sailing away?

Thanks.

We usually head straight for the mdr for lunch, then up to the aft bar and stay there till after sailaway. Usually great views and the feeling of travel. I understand it will be difficult to do this on Island, as I understand that it does not have an aft bar any longer! Which is the best bar for sailaway that is not too noisey, crowded, but is out side?:confused:

Question.. did you get a picture of you (actually you) or are you saying you ordered a picture of the ship with you standing on it someplace and the video of it sailing away?

Thanks.

Not Rob...but have done it many times - you can request a "wave" (link below) and they do both video and stills - yes they can/do get shots/video of you if you tell them where you will be, they can zoom in, a good thing to do (but not required) is have a sign/banner or flag that they can easily identify you by, which you would tell them in the request.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

Edit: just noticed this on there site...

Please note that we are no longer taking hi-res photographs on a regular basis.

but I am assuming you could request photo also in your wave request.

Edited by TLC535

Not Rob...but have done it many times - you can request a "wave" (link below) and they do both video and stills - yes they can/do get shots/video of you if you tell them where you will be, they can zoom in, a good thing to do (but not required) is have a sign/banner or flag that they can easily identify you by, which you would tell them in the request.

http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/wave.html

Edit: just noticed this on there site...

Please note that we are no longer taking hi-res photographs on a regular basis.

but I am assuming you could request photo also in your wave request.

Awesome... thank you