Back from Reflection 11/7 sailing. questions?

bryanjaync

Sailing Refection in Dec in Aqua class-was Blu a bit less crowded now that suite guests dine at Luminae & the Aqua suites were converted to Sky Suites? Hoping food & service still wonderful!

Yes, your opinion of LAX.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

OP: About the music, not sure i heard LAX, not much into the live band sound, but what i did hear passing through was good and not aggressively loud.

Porch: disappointed. Lobster bisque water. The tower was one lobster, two shrimp, two scallops and two mussels per person. . the actual tower was an ice platter set on a metal stand. The food was bland. Also, they have nice outside dining venue....and what else....a huge tv showing ESPN...fine for a bar/sports venue, but really....just cheapens the atmosphere.

BLU: Not crowded at all. No wait (we went between 6-7), Tables did not seem that close to us. Not an issue.

And BTW, I had the Classic Alcohol package and my husband had the Premium, in case you have questions about that.

OP: Molecular Bar was up and running and a hopping spot.

As for the alcohol packages. My DH and i both got the Classic as a perk, on the third day he upgraded to Premium because we had lots of OBC. He was glad he did for the Martini Bar and the Molecular Bar, but he would have been fine with classic except it did not include Cosmos and full size martinis, and the VitaWater. He said the wines on the Classic were fine, no issues with the quality at all. I don't drink alcohol, but like the classic for the sodas, alcohol free cocktails, and Arizona ice tea. And the entire staff was very nice, regardless what package you had, or if you did not have a package. Same great level of service.

OP: About the music, not sure i heard LAX, not much into the live band sound, but what i did hear passing through was good and not aggressively loud.

Porch: disappointed. Lobster bisque water. The tower was one lobster, two shrimp, two scallops and two mussels per person. . the actual tower was an ice platter set on a metal stand. The food was bland. Also, they have nice outside dining venue....and what else....a huge tv showing ESPN...fine for a bar/sports venue, but really....just cheapens the atmosphere.

BLU: Not crowded at all. No wait (we went between 6-7), Tables did not seem that close to us. Not an issue.

And BTW, I had the Classic Alcohol package and my husband had the Premium, in case you have questions about that.

Link below is to photos on a Princess Live From Regal....Crab Shack looks great at $20 pp

How does it compare...at least visually?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275258&page=37

OP: On Demand for Free Movies included: Fantastic Four, Age of Adeline,

Run all Night (i think that was the name of the Liam Nesson movie), Avengers Age of Ultron. About all i remember. The same On Demand for Free movies above were played in the Celebrity Central theater on different days. There were some for-pay movies on the TV, about $12.95 did not explore them.

As for comparison between the Princess Regal vs. Porch seafood, the Regal wins hands down (at least picture wise), But we are Southern (US) and i think our taste run more like the Regal offering.

OP: The live shows in the Reflection were pretty bad with one notable exception. 1) A voice impersonator who was not even lounge Vegas quality, he opened with an Aaron Neville bit, followed by Bob Dylan/Sly Stallone. It was very very bad. 2) a music revue with the cirque de Soliel type performers. Nothing new here, and the vocals were not worthy of American Idol audition levels. 3) A Tribute to Frank Valli and 4 Season...GREAT. Proves you don't need lots of glitz and special effects, just good singers and good songs. 4) Some comedian, did not see.

generally, showtimes were 7pm and 9 pm.

How was the breakfast in BLU?

Did items seem fresh and hot?

What was your favorite night for dinner in BLU?

Anything stand out as really good at dinnertime?

How was the volume of music at the pool?

Crazy DJ music or relaxing?

Crazy loud DJ music by the Martini Bar after dinner?

Did you try items at the Aqua Spa Cafe?

How were they?

What was you favorite part of the trip on the ship?

Thanks

We too just returned from the first Reflection 7 night Western Caribbean cruise ending 11/14. Although we personally did not eat at any specialty restaurants, my BFF and her husband (very picky Meat & Potatoes eater) enjoyed it a lot. They were only one of 2 couples on Friday night (his birthday). Service was excellent. We had Select dining and I had made reservations for all of my group as requested. Boy did Celebrity ever make a mess of that. No theme parties; no midnight buffets to my knowledge.

I didn't go to too many shows but really enjoyed the Cirque style show and December 63 - Frankie Valley style group show. Celebrity staff said they are going to try to get them back on board in the future. Loud music in the Martini bar continues. There was a solo folk/modern guitar player/singer playing there on a few evening before 7:30 PM (also at Ensemble lounge). We had the Classic package and found I could get Cosmo's at the Passport and Ensemble bars. Try it before you spend money to upgrade just for the Martini bar. I bought one Lemoncello Martini which cost $14 at the Martini bar! Molecular bar as well as Cellar Masters still open and operating on Reflections. Although Cellar Masters was being used for a Conference group.

Enjoyed LAX and sound music by the pool was OK. Never saw anyone dancing on deck. Food was very subjective and definitely has gone down in quality. Buffet was good overall but do wish it was open longer on port days; not much choice from 2:15+ to 4PM.

FYI: Don't buy the Video. Our friends bought it at $34, and it only contains about 1/3 of the film was of actual cruise with canned building of the Eclipse (we were on the Reflection) and other canned photos. No commentary, only 2 of 5 islands were featured.

Boarding was a nightmare; we had been advised not to arrive until 12 noon. There were not enough CSR staff checking in and even less visible staff advising arriving passengers who had to wait up to 3 hours outside in the warm southern climate about any updates. Our daughter & family just made it to their cabin at 4 PM, having arrived at 1 PM. Muster & Sail away were delayed until after 5 PM.