Regal Princess is top notch!

heeb

I have gone on 19 cruises so far since 2005 and have been on RCL, NCL, Celebrity, MSC, and Princess twice and my last cruise was one of the best. !0/3-9/15 took the Regal out of Bklyn NY. For me it was so easy especially since I grew up in Bklyn and now live in south Jersey. Parking and embarkation was so easy. This was a Canada/NE cruise. Lines moved quickly and we were in this beautiful and elegant ship in no time at all. Muster drill was like all the others but painless. Our first but not last lunch in the International Cafe was great with a lot of choices and a were good including the fresh cut off the bone roasts etc. Plenty of seating but you do have to look around for a table at times. Try going out back and sitting outside to enjoy the fresh sea air. You won't regret it. We had lunch and dinner once at Alfredo's which had excellent pizza and service. The Calzone was also very good and all with no charge. We ate one of the nights at the Crown Grill and my wife and I thought it was top notch with great steaks, appetizers, and desserts. If you enjoy steaks make this is stop on your list. We had Anytime dining with our friends and we ate in the Concerto dining room and our waiter was terrific. We never had to ask him twice for anything. His name was Anil and next time I cruise on the Regal I'm going back to him. You cannot have seating in the Concerto room before 7:30 and if you are with a group and want to see the 9:15pm show it could be a problem. Anil never rushed us but he did make sure that we did not miss the shows. The choices and the food in the main dining room was superb and step up from other cruises and cruise lines that we have been on. The ship is beautiful and very easy to get around on. Our cabin was on deck 10 just at the elevators and it was perfect. Our cabin had a balcony but was just a little tight. Bathroom and shower was fine and plenty of closet space. Good TV with lots of late night movies to watch. My bed was a little hard for my back but the steward kept adding pads to the mattress to soften it and to make me feel more comfortable. Only water in the cabin frig. No candy, soda, beer etc. That was different and maybe tough for those who are looking for those late night snacks. Not me! Did not use the balcony as much as I do when I am in the Caribbean but when we were in St. John NB Canada my back was acting up so we stayed on the ship and sat out on our balcony and enjoyed the warm fall day. All the ports were great especially Bar Harbor Maine. Did not use the pool because it was not in the 80's but so daring souls did and I was told that it was pretty cool. Wonderful seating around the pool with circular conversation seating. The entertainment was very good. Not the best I have seen but still very good. The Princess Regal theater was very comfortable and spacious. No cup holders on the seats so if you have a drink you have to hold it. The cruise director was very good and told some really good funny stories. The only negative thing I can say about the cruise and the ship is that they need to make the second show later than 9:15. If you go to eat in the main dining rooms or specialty its a rush to finish and to get to the show.:cool:

My wife and I will be on the Regal in January with my son and his wife and my daughter and her husband, We are all very excited! First time on Princess and it gets us out of Wisconsin in January!!

Thank you for the positive review on the Regal. Glad you enjoyed the voyage. A quick question if you don't mind. Do you know or remember if they were offering 375ml bottles of wine in the buffet area?

Thank you

louden

Our first but not last lunch in the International Cafe was great with a lot of choices and a were good including the fresh cut off the bone roasts etc. Plenty of seating but you do have to look around for a table at times. Try going out back and sitting outside to enjoy the fresh sea air.

Thanks for your report.

The lunch you describe sounds like the Horizon buffet on deck 16, not the International Cafe on deck 5.

You got my curiosity about your cabin fridge. They are normally stocked with an assortment (I think 6 cans) of soda, several bottles of water (including sparkling water), beer and we even had a cider. And if you want a different selection you only need call Room Service and give them your request (you only pay for what you drink). We also thought the lack of any cup holders in the theaters was a design faux pas.

Hank

Thank you for the positive review on the Regal. Glad you enjoyed the voyage. A quick question if you don't mind. Do you know or remember if they were offering 375ml bottles of wine in the buffet area?

Thank you

louden

Don't know the answer to that

totally disagree with your views about the shows,fiera and the soul to soul shows were outstanding. yes cupholders would have been nice but why do people have to drink at the show,they only last about 45mins.

Not sure what you are talking about with the two shows and as far as the cup holders go as long as they serve either sodas, water or alcoholic beverages before the show starts it would be nice to have some place to put it. That's why they also put cup holders in cars so you do not have to frive with the drink in your hand.

Thanks for your report.

The lunch you describe sounds like the Horizon buffet on deck 16, not the International Cafe on deck 5.

You are absolutely correct! That's what happens when your tired and trying to remember everyhring and trying to be as exact as possible.

You got my curiosity about your cabin fridge. They are normally stocked with an assortment (I think 6 cans) of soda, several bottles of water (including sparkling water), beer and we even had a cider. And if you want a different selection you only need call Room Service and give them your request (you only pay for what you drink). We also thought the lack of any cup holders in the theaters was a design faux pas.

Hank

My frig. as well as the friends we were traveling with never had any sodas,beer or any other drinks stocked in our refrigerators.

Thanks for the review. We will be boarding the Regal in January. It will be our first time on the Regal but have sailed on its sister ship, Royal. We had lunch on the day we boarded at Alfredo's and loved it so we returned later in the trip for dinner. That dinner sitting at the adjacent booth was the captain and his wife. He did not get any more attention by the waiters than we did. We are looking forward to experiencing Princess' newest ship.

Hank

I just got back from being on the regal and my fridge didnt have anything in it

(my first cruise; so no perks) I just had two bottle of water in my stateroom, but they were out and not chilled. (Which was okay, as I didnt touch them)

My mothers stateroom has what you described, but shes ruby.