What was your favourite Celebrity Cruise?

gordylad

We never thought we'd be able to have a better cruise than our cruises in the Med, but our cruise earlier this year was absolutely brilliant.

12N Baltic Cruise from Stockholm to Amsterdam. 7 amazing countries on the amazing Celebrity Silhouette in near perfect weather - really couldn't ask for anything more. Fabulous food, outstanding service, super entertainment - definitely our best cruise.

Our favorite was our first long Celebrity cruise to the Baltic on the Constellation in 2003. We started in Stockholm several days before the cruise, went to Helsinki,Finland; two days in St. Petersburg, Russia; Riga, Latvia; Tallinn, Estonia; Gdansk, Poland; Warnemunde, Germany; Copenhagen, Denmark; and ended at Dover where we went to London for several days. The Constellatio was new, we were traveling with a group of good friends and this was our longest trip to date.

# 1

Holy Land Cruise on Celebrity Silhouette - for culture and diversity

Review: http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

# 2

South America Cruise on Celebrity Infinity - for nature and landscapes

Review: http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/South-America-01/south-america-01.html

Also on first place, next to the Holy Land Cruise, we would place our Alaska cruise and tour - hard to forget the sights of whales, bear, glaciers...

However, we did that one with RCCL.

1) Our first X cruise on the CN in a RS with Reben as our butler in 2000. Just a 7 day southern caribbean cruise but the service and food was amazing.

2) Zenith out of Jax Port for 14 days to Panama and back. Window view but again such great attention and service and food.

Has never been the same.

2009 Infinity West bound Panama Canal cruise. Our second PC cruise on Infinity and we were prevented from stopping in 3 Mexican ports due to N1H1 virus, thus went to San Diego, Catalina Island and had a day/night in San Francisco before getting off and then spending 3 days in Sonoma Valley with couple we became friends with on our 2006 Infinity PC cruise.

It was also our best CC group ever. Got to be good friends with both parties in the owners suites and had a couple of parties there. Still keep in touch with one couple.

Edited by shipshape sam

Favourite for:

Wildlife - Alaska

Scenery - Norwegian Fjords

History - Med (too many to mention)

Wonders of the World - Panama Canal

Mayan Ruins & more wildlife - Belize

Most similar to Home - NZ

Friendliest Roll Call - Iceland Infinity

Port - Stockholm & Venice (& Montenegro :))

Entertainment - Russian Folk Dancers

Beach - Cococay & Oz

That's just for starters :p :D.

Without a doubt on the MILLENNIUM out of Hong Kong to Singapore.

The cruise started in March of 2013. We flew to Hong Kong 3 day ahead of time. We cruised 2 days to Ha Long Bay Viet-nam. We toured Hanoi. Fantastic city and, tour. We rode a Viet-namese junk out of Ha Long Bay for an incredible visit to the caves there and, a seafood lunch to end seafood lunches on the junk boat.

WE departed and, cruised the Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage site....continued on through Ha Long bay and, down to Hoi An. We visited DaNang, the Marine base, during the war, the world famous China Beach, Ho Chi Minh City, (Saigon) took a cruise down the Mekong River, into the famous tributaries of the swift boats during the war time. At one point, off the Mekong, we were served one of the most incredible meals ever in the jungle....words can not describe how wonderful the Viet-namese people were to us. Never saw any hostility toward us..We spent an over-night at the Grand Hotel in H.C.M. City. Everyone was warm and, friendly there The hotel up-graded us in our room....on to Bangkok....interesting city. We spent an over-night there in hotel. We visited Elephant Village outside Bangkok, and, rode elephants. One of lifes great experiences.

Riding on an elephant as she walked down through a river, with Thai boys taking your photos..Incredible... then, on to Singapore.

One of the world greatest cities. Albeit expensive...We stayed 3 extra days in Singapore post cruise.

We flew UNITED to Hong Kong and, DELTA from Singapore home. Super airline flights. Long but, worth every minute of this cruise... I hope every cruiser gets to experience this cruise sometime...

Even the MILLENNIUM was fantastic....

ZERO complaints about anything... :)

Wow! question way too difficult -

All our celebrity cruises have been FAB and all very different but if I had to choose one overall it would be 2 weeks Caribbean from FL on Eclipse :D

However :_

The biggest adventure and the best itinerary was the one to Far East on Millennium earlier this year

The best atmosphere - Summit to Hawaii

For old charm and elegance - Zenith

Most unusual - Equinox for 4 weeks ( stuck in the ash cloud) 2 weeks Caribbean, transatlantic and them a Med cruise !!

I think I have loved all my cruises with Celebrity - just hope I continue to do so without the formal nights as I so love the traditional cruise but I will keep an open mind.

Full transit of the Panama canal crusie on the Century from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego.

We went through the canal on Christmas Eve Day. it was an unforgettable experience, a wonder of the world. Sailed with my sister and friends.

Edited by Azulann