Does Allure have self service laundry?

Gingee

I will say that the laundry rates are reasonable onboard and there's usually a laundry special somewhere around the halfway point of the cruise.

$1.95 for a single handkerchief seems a tad high. Not that we've ever used them, but the option of self-service laundry facilities on Princess was a nice option. Our longest cruise so far was only 15 days though, so we have never used either.

Then again, after a 30+ day cruise, I might be happy to dump it all on them so I don't have to do it when we get home...in addition to learning how to cook and make our bed again :D

Two warnings about their laundry "service". First they use hot water so don't send anything you don't want shrunk. Secondly, their wash and fold service is not what you suppose. They crammed the clothing I sent to them back into the sack so it was so wrinkled and messed up I couldn't use it.

I will say that the laundry rates are reasonable onboard and there's usually a laundry special somewhere around the halfway point of the cruise.

Over $10.00 just to wash what I wear to go on one run is not my idea of reasonable.

Don't think any RCI ships have self serve laundry and for shorter cruises it's not a problem, it is only when you get to longer cruises (say 14 days+) that it becomes an issue.

DW is never real happy with the results on any ship, thinks the water is too hot, the detergent too harsh and the industrial machines too rough

Over $10.00 just to wash what I wear to go on one run is not my idea of reasonable.

Prices for laundry and dry cleaning are definitely less than I pay at home. I am speaking about "dress type clothes."

Workout clothes, swim suits, etc. can be rinsed and hung to dry. Modern day dry weave fabric drive so quickly. Same thing for delicate stuff.

Have used the wash and fold bag for t-shirts, socks, shorts, etc. without any problem.

Frequently manage 2-3 week vacations this way.

Prices for laundry and dry cleaning are definitely less than I pay at home. I am speaking about "dress type clothes."

Workout clothes, swim suits, etc. can be rinsed and hung to dry. Modern day dry weave fabric drive so quickly. Same thing for delicate stuff.

Have used the wash and fold bag for t-shirts, socks, shorts, etc. without any problem.

Exactly where I was going by using my "reasonable" language. Beyond that, the midweek special is usually even more so - all you can stuff into the bag for one fixed price.

Thanks for the advice Grandma. I like clean clothes and sink rinses don't do it for me. The point of my post was about price. I stand by my statement that $10.00 is not my idea of reasonable.

Thanks for the advice Grandma. I like clean clothes and sink rinses don't do it for me. The point of my post was about price. I stand by my statement that $10.00 is not my idea of reasonable.

When I used the word "rinse" I should have said wash and rinse! My family has done this for years with no problem.i

Since Royal has no self serve laundry and I like to hand wash certain items, is there a pullout clothes line in a JS bathroom on Allure?...or should I bring some cord and rig up my own?:p

There was in our JS on Oasis, so I assume it's the same on Allure. Just be aware that sometimes they are broken.

Two warnings about their laundry "service". First they use hot water so don't send anything you don't want shrunk. Secondly, their wash and fold service is not what you suppose. They crammed the clothing I sent to them back into the sack so it was so wrinkled and messed up I couldn't use it.

We have always had our clothes returned to us neatly folded.

We have always had our clothes returned to us neatly folded.

Our experience with the wash and fold service has been the same. Everything has been returned neatly folded. We have used this service every time we sail with RCI and on just about every class of ship and have yet to have the negative experience that has been reported by some.

An advantage of being Pinnacle perhaps. :cool:

I don't think so. We've also gotten our clothes back folded. However, I believe some are expecting something similar to pressed clothes. However, we only use the service for underwear, t-shirts, socks, etc.