SHARE: Are you ready for a $49 cover charge?

rbt001

Nope, won't pay it. In fact, I won't pay a premium for any restaurant simply because it has a celebrity chef's name attached to it. It's not like the guy is in the kitchen cooking it especially for me.

IMO, the whole celebrity chef thing on cruise ships is ridiculous. Just bring me good food and serve it to me with a smile.....I could care less if comes from Curtis Stone, Bob, Tom, or Bill.

$49/pp...if this were a land-based restaurant, then perhaps I'd consider it for a special occasion; heck, it's not all that hard to drop a C-note at a mediocre chain steakhouse. But given that I've already paid a hefty sum for the cruise, that's just a bit too much for my budget, especially when we can spend half as much for a superb meal in the Crown Grill.

I must admit that even though I consider myself a "foodie" when I read the name Curtis Stone my reaction was "Who?".

I did my search and best I can come up with is he is a TV personality who does bits on the "Today" show in the USA. It appears his claim to fame is being good looking and got himself on TV.

I'll put him in the category of a mildly upscale Guy Fieri or Rachel Ray or Giada. In other words, appealing to the great masses who cruise and don't post here.

Check out the Winn-Dixie weekly circular. Last page shows a Curtis Stone recipe. Cooking with Curtis they call it.

Seems to me like a lot of hand wringing over a price that has not been announced.

If its $10 or $100 will tell the sucess. I suspect the one's saying they would never go is not the market Princess is looking to fill the restaurant. Which is fine. Variety is the spice of life.

If you want to see some pictures and video's Instagram has some great items on @CurtisStone and @princescruises.

New to Princess...we usually do Specialty dining on Celebrity but prices, menus and venues are now changing...so probably not going as much in the future...

Just received an e mail from Princess about Curtis Stone ..Share etc...the concept, photo shown and menu previews do not impress us.at any price, so no plans to dine there.

We will get one free Specialty dinner with our booking on Ruby and will choose Crown. Would have also booked Sabatinis at any price as a second dinner out but it will be gone by the time we cruise.

The SHARE dining experience encourages connecting with family, friends and other cruisers by offering intriguing dishes served family style. Designed by Chef Stone, the menu features dishes such as a Charcuterie starter course; Butter Roasted Lobster with Caramelized Endive and Endive Foam; Twice Cooked Duck Leg with Fennel, Bacon jus and Parmesan Crumb; Tagliatelle with Roasted Alaskan Crab, Chili and Parsley; and Dark Chocolate Cremeux with Toasted Hazelnut Feuilletine and Burnt Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

Well, no worries from me now that I've seen the menu. I don't do shell fish or duck. So, I'm good. For the rest that do like it... I'm leaving a table available for you :D.

We will get one free Specialty dinner with our booking on Ruby and will choose Crown.

The free specialty restaurant is the only way we would book SHARE. That way if I don't like it, I'm not out any money. I don't mind the cover charge for the Crown Grill, I already know I like that.

We aren't ones to frequent specialty dining. We are willing to do so for $20-25 per person, occasionally. At $49 per person I better have a lot of OBC to burn or I probably will never eat there.

We sail Princess because the complementary food options are much better than most other cruise lines we've sailed.

SHARE's description and price point definitely sound like a way for them to compete with the Celebrity restaurants. Many of theirs are priced $40+.

Does anyone have any new information about which ships will replace Sabatini's with Share? Some say it's limited to this announcement: "Chef Stone's specialty restaurant will debut in December 2015 aboard Emerald Princess, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean, and Ruby Princess, sailing from Los Angeles to Hawaii and Mexico." Others have said that it will be fleet wide and one poster reported that Regal would get Share in 2016. Any news would be appreciated.

Does anyone have any new information about which ships will replace Sabatini's with Share? Some say it's limited to this announcement: "Chef Stone's specialty restaurant will debut in December 2015 aboard Emerald Princess, sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to the Caribbean, and Ruby Princess, sailing from Los Angeles to Hawaii and Mexico." Others have said that it will be fleet wide and one poster reported that Regal would get Share in 2016. Any news would be appreciated.

Well I know Sun or sea is slotted to be irst, so I expect the list isn't exhaustive.

Well I know Sun or sea is slotted to be irst, so I expect the list isn't exhaustive.

Thanks. We love Sabatini's and we have Regal booked for early 2017. Seriously considering cancelling for other reasons. If we knew Share would be on Regal by then, we would definitely cancel.

The only "official" information, a press release from August, stated Emerald and Ruby in December, Coral in January and Sun in April. I have seen no other information directly from Princess. Edited by IECalCruiser

The SHARE dining experience encourages connecting with family, friends and other cruisers by offering intriguing dishes served family style. Designed by Chef Stone, the menu features dishes such as a Charcuterie starter course; Butter Roasted Lobster with Caramelized Endive and Endive Foam; Twice Cooked Duck Leg with Fennel, Bacon jus and Parmesan Crumb; Tagliatelle with Roasted Alaskan Crab, Chili and Parsley; and Dark Chocolate Cremeux with Toasted Hazelnut Feuilletine and Burnt Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

Well, no worries from me now that I've seen the menu. I don't do shell fish or duck. So, I'm good. For the rest that do like it... I'm leaving a table available for you :D.

Other than the dessert those dishes actually sound pretty good to me. I'm, pretty much, an omnivore. There are very few things that I don't eat. One of them, I have to say, is beets. Beets that appear on my plate get push onto my wife's plate regardless of the restaurant. :D

My biggest concern right now is that people seem to think that the portion size in inadequate. If portion size is small, then they'd better offer a lot of courses.

Again, I'll probably try it some time. After that I'll make my final judgement.

Other than the dessert those dishes actually sound pretty good to me. I'm, pretty much, an omnivore. There are very few things that I don't eat. One of them, I have to say, is beets. Beets that appear on my plate get push onto my wife's plate regardless of the restaurant. :D

My biggest concern right now is that people seem to think that the portion size in inadequate. If portion size is small, then they'd better offer a lot of courses.

Again, I'll probably try it some time. After that I'll make my final judgement.

Three courses and I posted the size of those servings. I'm a tiny eater and I think I could finish the whole thing off.

There's nothing about it that sounds like it's $98 worth of appealing. We'll pass. We often eat once (per cruise) at the Crown Grille; at $25pp it's worth it for the much better cuts of meat and the impeccable service. But generally speaking, there's plenty of good food available in the MDR and the buffets.

We typically do Crown Grill, Sabatinis and the Crab Shack on a 7 day cruise. Sometimes totaling 5-6 nights. At $20 -$25 worth it. At $50 we'll be enjoying the buffet for 7 nights! Probably better for our waistlines too! ::D

Could the 49.00PP charge be for the, "Chef's Table by Curtis Stone will be introduced on select ships beginning in January of 2016.", and not the Share Restaurant?

That would make sense...

framer

No...the $49/pp is for SHARE & not for his version of the chef's table.

Edited by Astro Flyer