Dear Celebrity Cruises

hulamoon

I have the unlimited dining package, plus I am in a suite that lunch in Luminae was replaced with bistro on port days.

Under either condiction currently I cannot eat freely in Bistro on 5. Before I boarded I had every expectation of doing so, under both circumstances, and if one changed I didn't expect the other too. Passengers on other ships get this posted benefit, but not currently on the Eclipse.

Yes of course I can go in and make a waiter all uncomfortable by showing him the post as I have others but that does not enhance my vacation and neither is dining in OV cafe which we will do after my shower.

I was hoping for clarity, but the answer has not changed, it is a solid no here on the Eclipse. Maybe all ships will have the same policy soon or maybe it will be corrected. I was hoping it would be on my cruise.

I have the unlimited dining package, plus I am in a suite that lunch in Luminae was replaced with bistro on port days.

Under either condiction currently I cannot eat freely in Bistro on 5. Before I boarded I had every expectation of doing so, under both circumstances, and if one changed I didn't expect the other too. Passengers on other ships get this posted benefit, but not currently on the Eclipse.

Yes of course I can go in and make a waiter all uncomfortable by showing him the post as I have others but that does not enhance my vacation and neither is dining in OV cafe which we will do after my shower.

I was hoping for clarity, but the answer has not changed, it is a solid no here on the Eclipse. Maybe all ships will have the same policy soon or maybe it will be corrected. I was hoping it would be on my cruise.

Can I ask what time it was that you used Bistro - It couldn't be that they are saying that it is only complimentary during lunch time 12.00 to 1.30? I guess that is not the case though.

I got an answer quicker on the Celebrity facebook page when I queried whether drinks were free all the time in Michael's. They answered within a day. I also asked them if they could produce a definitive document on what suite guests received following the changes and received a very bland thank you for your message.

Can I ask what time it was that you used Bistro - It couldn't be that they are saying that it is only complimentary during lunch time 12.00 to 1.30? I guess that is not the case though.

I got an answer quicker on the Celebrity facebook page when I queried whether drinks were free all the time in Michael's. They answered within a day. I also asked them if they could produce a definitive document on what suite guests received following the changes and received a very bland thank you for your message.

I have not gone there as we were told three times it was not covered under either condition. we could have today but wasn't in the mood for agravation. Having trouble just paying for it though as I feel as a consumer the change should have been told to me before I boarded. Plus there is no change on other ships as far as I can tell from posters.

I have not gone there as we were told three times it was not covered under either condition. we could have today but wasn't in the mood for agravation. Having trouble just paying for it though as I feel as a consumer the change should have been told to me before I boarded. Plus there is no change on other ships as far as I can tell from posters.

How frustrating. The inconsistency from X headquarters to their ships and to their passengers is mindboggling. So, you showed them the official post from Celebrity on free lunch in Bo5 on port days and they still will not honor this? And you talked to the higher ups? Insane. Maybe they should just reinstate lunch in Luminae as promised EVERYDAY and then there would be no confusion about eating mediocre food in Bo5 as an alternative. Nuts.

If you don't mind I may do so as this will affect us in Feb and March next year.

Do you know who the Food and beverage manager Is just now. Filled in one of the "what can we do to help you" cards in September when I wasn't happy and was swamped by managers the next day. Is Sylvia still the concierge or has that changed as well.

If I'm reading this right, the OP would like to have complimentary meals at Bo5 whenever it is open. Celebrity's policy is that suite guests are only entitled complimentary meals there at lunch on port days, creating confusion. Sometimes meals there are free, other times they are not.

If I'm reading this right, the OP would like to have complimentary meals at Bo5 whenever it is open. Celebrity's policy is that suite guests are only entitled complimentary meals there at lunch on port days, creating confusion. Sometimes meals there are free, other times they are not.

From OP:

"I have the unlimited dining package, plus I am in a suite that lunch in Luminae was replaced with bistro on port days.

Under either condiction currently I cannot eat freely in Bistro on 5."

I've eaten in this place twice. The second time because the crepes were so poor the first visit it was unbelievable. Now, I'm a believer.

You're missing nothing, but would be nice to confirm at no added cost. In RS, we were not charged.

I've eaten in this place twice. The second time because the crepes were so poor the first visit it was unbelievable. Now, I'm a believer.

You're missing nothing, but would be nice to confirm at no added cost. In RS, we were not charged.

I agree. It's terrible. Hardly a substitute for lunch in Luminae. And to be charged on port days after X clearly stated it's complimentary is just another sucker punch to it's suite passengers.

I'm not sure why the OP would post this issue on a forum website and expect a solution.Clearly,there are lots of differing opinions. The OP needs to deal with this onboard by asking to speak to the head of the dining room or hotel management (or whatever the correct title is) to help clarify and resolve any misunderstanding on this point. Celebrity wants to retain as many customers as possible so I would imagine they will make the OP happy. JMO

I'm not sure why the OP would post this issue on a forum website and expect a solution.Clearly,there are lots of differing opinions. The OP needs to deal with this onboard by asking to speak to the head of the dining room or hotel management (or whatever the correct title is) to help clarify and resolve any misunderstanding on this point. Celebrity wants to retain as many customers as possible so I would imagine they will make the OP happy. JMO

C106 - that is too logical or easy, I think. Why not expect someone on CC X-board to rectify the issue when the power is on-board with them?

bon voyage

If you don't mind I may do so as this will affect us in Feb and March next year.

Do you know who the Food and beverage manager Is just now. Filled in one of the "what can we do to help you" cards in September when I wasn't happy and was swamped by managers the next day. Is Sylvia still the concierge or has that changed as well.

Of course, I will post in the list of officers onboard and I hope to have good news soon, trying to be optimistic. Heading back into Aruba but will post there tonight.

We are currently onboard the Eclipse. Tomorrow is day three of 19 nights we have aboard and there is a disagreement about what unlimited dining package means and if on port days all suites can use bistro, among the staff. We are in an RS and will move to PH next cruise.

I feel I have been patient with asking for clarification after our butler explained we were not eligible and our hostess has also had difficulty getting clarification of promised benefits. Our butler explained we were not his first guests confused as to why they could not use bistro. I have provided copies of your posts, yet the issue continues and we haven't even gotten to what the limitations of unlimited package are.

I assume I will not be the only one with these issues and while possibly all ships have this answer the Eclipse does not. Sooner or later they will, but I am hoping they do while I am aboard.

Is it possible for you to post clarification of the unlimited package so I can fully enjoy our vacation amenities? Anything you can do to assist the staff here would also be greatly appreciated. Our first port day is tomorrow.

Thank you....

Thank you for making us aware of your concern. We have communicated with the ship and a crew member will be in touch shortly. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for making us aware of your concern. We have communicated with the ship and a crew member will be in touch shortly. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience.

what is the policy....are all suite guests invited to have a complementary lunch at bistro on 5 on port days....or not?

Edited by ghstudio

Thank you Celebrity Cruises. When I arrived back to our suite I had two messages and the wonderful Maitre D of Luminae was ringing while I listened to them. We met the F and B manager and the Resturant Manager briefly and they reassured us we could use the resturant.

Everyone is now on the same page with BO5.

Suite guests have access to bistro on five without hour limitations on port days. That is nice actually because lunch ending at 1:30 can be difficult.

Secondly, the unlimited package includes BO5 for RS and PH guests on any day.

No brown bags necessary! Hope to meet some of you on the Dec 13th cruise. Lol

I am grateful for the support of Celebrity Cruises and the cruise critic community.

Thank you Celebrity Cruises. When I arrived back to our suite I had two messages and the wonderful Maitre D of Luminae was ringing while I listened to them. We met the F and B manager and the Resturant Manager briefly and they reassured us we could use the resturant.

Everyone is now on the same page with BO5.

Suite guests have access to bistro on five without hour limitations on port days. That is nice actually because lunch ending at 1:30 can be difficult.

Secondly, the unlimited package includes BO5 for RS and PH guests on any day.

No brown bags necessary! Hope to meet some of you on the Dec 13th cruise. Lol

I am grateful for the support of Celebrity Cruises and the cruise critic community.

Thanks for the report Hulamoon, we sail on Eclipse in March in a CS and plan on staying on board in a number of ports. Hopefully everyone will continue to be on the same page in March, although we will do the buffet a day or two on a port day.

Not that I'll ever make it to a suite but I'm happy 'Celebrity Cruises' was able to follow up on your situation and that it worked out for you too.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

When we cruised on Equinox in March, and Summit in July, both times in the PH, we were able to dine in Bistro on 5 any day, at any time, with no charge. Sounds like Celebrity doesn't know what's going on with their own policies on different ships.