Dear Celebrity Cruises

hulamoon

I spoke with celebrity just this week with this same complaint. I suggested to then a sheet in room outlining all perks and restaurants outlined so everyone is consistent and informed. I wrote a letter to concerns@celebrity a.com and was contacted by email and phone within two days. Maybe try sending your concern through that channel.

Good idea. Simple but effective. Glad X responded to you quickly...

To Bo1953 and Sollan,

The OP started this thread while cruising last December, and their issues were resolved.

I resurrected this thread yesterday (see post 60) because there still is confusion whether RS and PH passengers have complimentary access to Bistro/Sushi on 5. Someone on another thread who was on Millie last month (May) in a RS or PH was told this venue was not included in their RS/PH amenities.

We're in an RS on Connie for the first sailing with So5 so Im interested to know the position. After spending $20K on an upper suite having to quibble over $30 or $40 seems a bit miserly.

To be honest its not the money but the clarity. It says "Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants" in the advertising that =X= use to help persude us to spend thousands more on a suite than an ordinary veranda. It would be nice if the advertising included a caveat to indicate which restaurants where not included:eek: .

If you look through the website Bo5 / So5 are lumped in with all the specialty restaurants.

If you also look under the heading Specialty Dining Policies it sates "If you are dining in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants you must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of Silk Harvest, Qsine®, Bistro on Five, The Lawn Club Grill, and Tuscan Grille....." Am I being daft or does that not indicate that Bo5 is a specialty restaurant!

No, it lumps in the "...on Five" restaurant as being a specialty restaurant. IMO, if you're paying extra for it, it's a specialty restaurant.

Also, I don't find it miserly in the least. Normally I'd saying something along the lines of "if you can afford it, etc., etc.", but if it's part of the price you're paying, you should get all the benefits. Period.

To Bo1953 and Sollan,

The OP started this thread while cruising last December, and their issues were resolved.

I resurrected this thread yesterday (see post 60) because there still is confusion whether RS and PH passengers have complimentary access to Bistro/Sushi on 5. Someone on another thread who was on Millie last month (May) in a RS or PH was told this venue was not included in their RS/PH amenities.

Arggh, I didn't see that....:o

Can it be so difficult for X to sort this out?

Samuel,

I didn't become able to afford a RS by walking past $800 worth of anything, promised amenities at booking included. As groryjm posted regarding promised unlimited specialty dining, it's not the money as much as the inconsistencies in X's own statements. This brings about what's perceived to be their attempts to use "fine print" to nickel-and-dime their best customers. I haven't cancelled my booking, but a letter sent to X's Executive Office 5 weeks ago, relaying my booking experience and more that I've chosen not to post, remains unanswered at this time. They don't seem to care.

And where are the facts for this statement?

I can understand the call for clarifications of the details from Celebrity. Unfortunately, our ten years of experience of the company is that each time they attempt to clarify anything, it becomes more confusing. They rarely think through the full ramifications of what they say and then phase any clarification poorly. Oh, yes, and then they forget to tell the people on board.

I honestly do not believe that Celebrity try to fleece anyone but they need to take more care. Badly phased descriptions of perks can as easily result in guests assuming unreasonable entitlements as guests not getting what is reasonably offered.

Wow............after reading a lot of these posts I now feel like AQ class is comparable to steerage.

But there are many fewer dining problems and issues we steerage class customers don't have to worry about it appears and we can just enjoy the cruise, our fellow diners in Blu and challenges of team trivia with the Huuuuuge prizes.

I can understand the call for clarifications of the details from Celebrity. Unfortunately, our ten years of experience of the company is that each time they attempt to clarify anything, it becomes more confusing. They rarely think through the full ramifications of what they say and then phase any clarification poorly. Oh, yes, and then they forget to tell the people on board.

I honestly do not believe that Celebrity try to fleece anyone but they need to take more care. Badly phased descriptions of perks can as easily result in guests assuming unreasonable entitlements as guests not getting what is reasonably offered.

Perhaps they forgot to send the memo. I was in a. Restaurant in London recently and had to show the manager the email with the new promotion she was not even told about in advance. She of course honoured it but her frustration was visible. I am sure it is very frustrating for guest relations and indeed call centre staff is new messages are not aligned.

From reading these Boards, i t seems to me that when decisions are made it takes sometime for them to trickle down and then someone else makes another decision etc etc. It is good to have a business that is agile and can respond quickly but for me it is a management failing of the full business is not brought up to speed quickly. I have full sympathy with suite passengers who pay hard earned money for a product that they did not receive. There is a point of principle even though it is only 50 dollars. The aim should not be to just meet expectations but to exceed them. Failing for such a small amount damages the business.

I know it has been done to death but when I booked our forthcoming cruise in Aqua class the amenity for daily water was clearly stated. I know from reading here that that particular amenity which I believe I have paid for is now gone. For me I am ok with that as I have a beverage package. For others it is an issue - this could have been the final reason they went for that class over another. This is ultimately a management failing as are the frequent other issues that I see highlighted here. It is poor communication. But I have some sympathy, products change constantly yet people have booked 18 months out.

Perhaps they forgot to send the memo. I was in a. Restaurant in London recently and had to show the manager the email with the new promotion she was not even told about in advance. She of course honoured it but her frustration was visible. I am sure it is very frustrating for guest relations and indeed call centre staff is new messages are not aligned.

From reading these Boards, i t seems to me that when decisions are made it takes sometime for them to trickle down and then someone else makes another decision etc etc. It is good to have a business that is agile and can respond quickly but for me it is a management failing of the full business is not brought up to speed quickly. I have full sympathy with suite passengers who pay hard earned money for a product that they did not receive. There is a point of principle even though it is only 50 dollars. The aim should not be to just meet expectations but to exceed them. Failing for such a small amount damages the business.

I know it has been done to death but when I booked our forthcoming cruise in Aqua class the amenity for daily water was clearly stated. I know from reading here that that particular amenity which I believe I have paid for is now gone. For me I am ok with that as I have a beverage package. For others it is an issue - this could have been the final reason they went for that class over another. This is ultimately a management failing as are the frequent other issues that I see highlighted here. It is poor communication. But I have some sympathy, products change constantly yet people have booked 18 months out.

Yup, it's a big business and communication is not their strong suit. I am on Eclipse in a month in a CS and I am already geared up for the discussion and debate over the two speciality restaurant meals that I am supposed to be due because I booked before end of 2015 when the perk was removed. X have clearly stated in a number of locations that they will honour the perk but I fully expect the ship to be running to the new rules and to have to push to get it.

There is some irony in the fact that many of us commenting here are Celebrity (and suite) regulars! We like and keep returning!

It is such a pity that these little issues do keep coming up....I am resigned on our next cruise to asking on boarding what is/is not included in terms of dining, laundry....and going with the flow! No doubt our butler or conceirge will tell us one thing and then we will go to a restaurant and be told something else! Non of the issues are worth getting angry about but they are just annoying!

Edited by chemmo

I'm resurrecting this thread from 2015 because on another more current thread someone posted they were in a RS or PH on Millie last month (May 2016) and Sushi on 5 was not included as a complimentary venue for RS/PH passengers. This despite Sushi on 5 now, reportedly, being one of the venues assigned when someone buys specialty restaurant packages.

We'll be in a RS on Millie in September, and it sure would be nice to know if Sushi on 5 will be complimentary to us or not. I know clarity on =X= policies is asking for the moon. But I'm asking, nonetheless!

Update ---

I emailed Concerns@Celebrity.com last week to get a clarification whether Sushi on 5 is complimentary to RS/PH guests as part of their suite amenity package. Another poster who was on Millie last month reported that the Michael's Club Concierge indicated that Sushi on 5 was NOT a part of the RS/PH suite amenities and therefore was NOT complimentary. We will be in a RS on Millie in September, thus my email to =X=.

Today I received this response:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. We are thrilled you will be sailing with us on the beautiful Celebrity Millennium in September.

Sushi on 5 is part of the Royal Suite amenities and is complimentary.

If you should have any further questions or have any requests, feel free to contact conciergeshannon@celebrity.com - she is the shoreside concierge for

the Celebrity Millennium.

Kind Regards,

Social Care Team

Celebrity Cruises

1080 Caribbean Way, Miami FL 33132

Be sure to print off the email and take it with you as it sounds as though the staff on the ships don't know this. :D

You can bet I will! ;)

And that goes for anyone else regardless which ship you'll be sailing....

Update ---

I emailed Concerns@Celebrity.com last week to get a clarification whether Sushi on 5 is complimentary to RS/PH guests as part of their suite amenity package. Another poster who was on Millie last month reported that the Michael's Club Concierge indicated that Sushi on 5 was NOT a part of the RS/PH suite amenities and therefore was NOT complimentary. We will be in a RS on Millie in September, thus my email to =X=.

Today I received this response:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. We are thrilled you will be sailing with us on the beautiful Celebrity Millennium in September.

Sushi on 5 is part of the Royal Suite amenities and is complimentary.

If you should have any further questions or have any requests, feel free to contact conciergeshannon@celebrity.com - she is the shoreside concierge for

the Celebrity Millennium.

Kind Regards,

Social Care Team

Celebrity Cruises

1080 Caribbean Way, Miami FL 33132

Whilst this is good news and, this time, clear and unambiguous clarification, I am concerned about the team that replied for Celebrity. I know the years are passing but I had hoped that it would be some time before I needed the assistance of the "Social Care Team". :eek: I guess that it does not mean the same in the US.

Edited by Project_gal

As I've read this thread it seems that there is some confusion between amenities and packages. Every description of RS and PS amenities state that unlimited specialty dining is included as standard with the Suite, and nowhere have I found any caveats or exceptions. Specialty Dining packages are a different kettle of fish. At least one of the optional Specialty Dining packages I saw a couple months back, before booking our RS, specified which restaurants were included.