Dear Celebrity Cruises

hulamoon

Will we hear from the posters who ridiculed OP for seeking resolution here?

Mea Culpa, I still would have handled it on-board or differently altogether and NOT worried about it if I did not get that 'perk'.

Just my approach to the situation, that is all.

Very happy the OP got what they wanted and I know others will follow in the footsteps, which is fine too.

bon voyage :)

I found that using the card that they leave in the room to tell them about any issues was very effective. I handed it into guest services after I had covered it both front and back with my points which were about them serving brunch not breakfast and Lunch seperately. By the time I reached Luminae, the Maitre'd new about it and we were ambushed as we left Blu from breakfast by the Blu Maitre'd to meet with the food and beverage director and the restaurants manager.

Suddenly it changed to what their chief exec told CC - I had a copy of that on my phone. B,L and D all they way after that.

I would use the comment card again straight away as I feel it gets quicker to those that can fix things.

I also think that they respond quicker on Facebook as so many other people could see the issue rather than the approximate 10% of Celebrity Cruises who use here.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I haven't given the complete story on this thread. I am pleased I no longer have to balance vacation and benefit inquiry simultaneously.

I did turn in that form Gordoncruickshank. 18 hours later things began to move and with in minutes of Celebritycruises post.

I also spent 3.5 days on this issue doing my best with the staff here, and being told no. In fact I had been told no enough I felt I needed to clarify the benefits here.

Of course I agree handling things on the ship is best, but I was told that corporate would need to intervene in this case. I am sensitive to others vacations, I did not speak to fellow cruisers or speak about this except to the people who are supposed to know the benefits.

Gordon I see you have checked officers, I will too and not post if it is the same.

PS went to Bistro today and the Italian crepes and butternut squash soup were fabulous.

I haven't given the complete story on this thread. I am pleased I no longer have to balance vacation and benefit inquiry simultaneously.

I did turn in that form Gordoncruickshank. 18 hours later things began to move and with in minutes of Celebritycruises post.

I also spent 3.5 days on this issue doing my best with the staff here, and being told no. In fact I had been told no enough I felt I needed to clarify the benefits here.

Of course I agree handling things on the ship is best, but I was told that corporate would need to intervene in this case. I am sensitive to others vacations, I did not speak to fellow cruisers or speak about this except to the people who are supposed to know the benefits.

Gordon I see you have checked officers, I will too and not post if it is the same.

PS went to Bistro today and the Italian crepes and butternut squash soup were fabulous.

Right that is the issue sorted, forget about it now and get on with why you went on this cruise in the first place, to enjoy yourself and get on with that.

We also have had success with that form on board...

we thought the canapes were awful and the ripped towels not up to standard...in AQ or any cabin...not major issues but showed a lack of "attention to detail"..the X mantra.

after sending in the form, we had fresh and varied canapes and much better unripped towels!

They hand the cards out for feedback and seem to respond if there is a credible request or issue raised.

Glad the BO5 issue was resolved!

Glad to hear this was resolved. Sometimes these small things can seem at first glance to be not worth the hassle, but they add up.

It seemed to me right from the start that it was crazy to be haggling with a suite guest over the classification of BO5 as to whether it was a speciality or a cafe? Seriously, you offer an lesser location and then decide it is not in the same category? Didn't make sense to me. Am I simplifying that too much?

We sometimes argue points that seem small just to get clarification for others that follow also, as well as to make the point that the cruise line offered it in the first place. Come on! Stop with making us feel like we are asking for things that haven't been offered!

The cruise lines offer certain things, and often the staff can't keep up with the changes, and their first answer is to say no. That is not smart. It would be better for the companies to have a set manifest of things they are offering to loyalty program and/or suite guests, and stick to it.

It wears thin after a while.

Glad to hear this was resolved. Sometimes these small things can seem at first glance to be not worth the hassle, but they add up.

It seemed to me right from the start that it was crazy to be haggling with a suite guest over the classification of BO5 as to whether it was a speciality or a cafe? Seriously, you offer an lesser location and then decide it is not in the same category? Didn't make sense to me. Am I simplifying that too much?

We sometimes argue points that seem small just to get clarification for others that follow also, as well as to make the point that the cruise line offered it in the first place. Come on! Stop with making us feel like we are asking for things that haven't been offered!

The cruise lines offer certain things, and often the staff can't keep up with the achanges, and their first answer is to say no. That is not smart. It would be better for the companies to have a set manifest of things they are offering to loyalty program and/or suite guests, and stick to it.

It wears thin after a while.

Well I didn't argue, it was more confused, alarmed and wondering if I boarded the right cruise line. I was patient and persistent. It took too long to resolve and I agree I shouldn't have to ask or be made to think it was a favor to give me what I was promised when I purchased.

Yes I did turn it into guest relations, I think I posted this earlier, but sometimes posts don't post. It was about 18 hours later and probably less than an hour when things began to shift. There was another hick up, but it too resolved quickly. Although it was a little thing it did contribute to taking a much longer time to relax into vacation mode. I began to feel that today more and hope tomorrow a full week I to it to finally arrive.

There is a new configuration of staff and changes happening fast that take a while it seems for staff to understand.

I also mentioned the smoking on the card, we have not been the only ones who notice the stench. But it seems to be blowing in or something. Haven't been there today but we still smelled it last night and the other days. No one got back to me, but others reported it and were told there was nothing to be done. On this cruise we aren't in the area too much, but it is a bit shocking to me as I have never noticed this before.

Of course there are many nice things happening. Those were only two I was hoping to influence in a more normal direction.

The staff is kind, the food is good, the weather is good, the singing was excellent on the two production shows I saw..

• 6 months later...
Thank you Celebrity Cruises. When I arrived back to our suite I had two messages and the wonderful Maitre D of Luminae was ringing while I listened to them. We met the F and B manager and the Resturant Manager briefly and they reassured us we could use the resturant.

Everyone is now on the same page with BO5.

Suite guests have access to bistro on five without hour limitations on port days. That is nice actually because lunch ending at 1:30 can be difficult.

Secondly, the unlimited package includes BO5 for RS and PH guests on any day.

No brown bags necessary! Hope to meet some of you on the Dec 13th cruise. Lol

I am grateful for the support of Celebrity Cruises and the cruise critic community.

I'm resurrecting this thread from 2015 because on another more current thread someone posted they were in a RS or PH on Millie last month (May 2016) and Sushi on 5 was not included as a complimentary venue for RS/PH passengers. This despite Sushi on 5 now, reportedly, being one of the venues assigned when someone buys specialty restaurant packages.

We'll be in a RS on Millie in September, and it sure would be nice to know if Sushi on 5 will be complimentary to us or not. I know clarity on =X= policies is asking for the moon. But I'm asking, nonetheless!

Dear OP,

I am glad to hear that you had this resolved.

BEAV - thank you for resurrecting this thread.

We sailed the Connie this past May and were in the Penthouse. We “almost” had a similar experience.

We wanted to dine in B05 on a Sea Day - we were “initially” told that we could only dine here for “free” if Luminae was not open. We then explained that as part of the Penthouse “Perks” that we had unlimited specialty dining and we considered Bo5 to be part of that. They again said no, not on sea days when Luminae was open. We said, fine - but we will take this up with Guest Relations and inquire some more.

We left and then just before we got to the elevators, one of the staff from Bo5 was chasing us down and apologized for the confusion and to please come back and dine ($0 charge) as YES! we were able to dine in Bo5 as part of the PH perks of unlimited specialty dining.

So? a wee bit of confusion on board the Connie in May, however, within a few minutes - it was cleared up.

Heather

Edited by hvbaskey

I'm resurrecting this thread from 2015 because on another more current thread someone posted they were in a RS or PH on Millie last month (May 2016) and Sushi on 5 was not included as a complimentary venue for RS/PH passengers. This despite Sushi on 5 now, reportedly, being one of the venues assigned when someone buys specialty restaurant packages.

We'll be in a RS on Millie in September, and it sure would be nice to know if Sushi on 5 will be complimentary to us or not. I know clarity on =X= policies is asking for the moon. But I'm asking, nonetheless!

I have not been on board since Sushi on Five has been introduced but other "a la carte" venues are not included in the complimentary unlimited dining perk - Gastrobar and, even, Gelateria - so, I would assume that Sushi on Five is also excluded.

Edited by Project_gal

This lack of clarity really does annoy me. I don't want on my vacation to have to query or argue about what is included, I just want to know! It isn't about cost either...it is about clarity of information.

On our last cruise there was still confusion about speciality restaurants being included at lunch...This did not affect us, we don't use them at lunch but one RS couple was charged and another wasn't! Again it was resolved and the couple who paid were refunded...Just to add more to the confusion the 'progressive' lunch wasn't but a standard one would be!?!?

Much as I am not a Sushi fan I actually would like it to be included as part of the RS/PH package, especially on M class ships where there now is a very limited speciality restaurant choice.

We are currently onboard the Eclipse. Tomorrow is day three of 19 nights we have aboard and there is a disagreement about what unlimited dining package means and if on port days all suites can use bistro, among the staff. We are in an RS and will move to PH next cruise.

I feel I have been patient with asking for clarification after our butler explained we were not eligible and our hostess has also had difficulty getting clarification of promised benefits. Our butler explained we were not his first guests confused as to why they could not use bistro. I have provided copies of your posts, yet the issue continues and we haven't even gotten to what the limitations of unlimited package are.

I assume I will not be the only one with these issues and while possibly all ships have this answer the Eclipse does not. Sooner or later they will, but I am hoping they do while I am aboard.

Is it possible for you to post clarification of the unlimited package so I can fully enjoy our vacation amenities? Anything you can do to assist the staff here would also be greatly appreciated. Our first port day is tomorrow.

Thank you....

I think there is confusion between a purchased Specialty Dining Package" and the RS/PS amenities. There is no exemption of Bistro's etc in the fine print in the Suite section of the Celebrity site. The RS amentities are listed as:

Personal butler service 24/7 for assistance with unpacking, in-suite lunch and dinner, espresso and cappuccino

Dedicated private restaurant, Luminae, reserved exclusively for all Suite Class guests

Access to the exclusive lounge, Michael's Club

Priority check-in at boarding & early debarkation

Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants including lunch, dinner, and one Champagne High Tea

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium-Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Complimentary unlimited Internet access

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch or gin with mixers, a choice of spirits and wine)

Reserved theatre seating on Evening Chic nights

Luxury bath amenities & plush robes

Premium Reverie® Dream Sleep System™ customizable mattresses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding, pillow menu, plush duvets and pure cotton linens

Private veranda with whirlpool and lounge seating

Marble master bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower

Fresh flowers

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët

Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise

Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

* Champagne High Tea available on select ships and itineraries.

We've got a RS booked for Asia, Jan 2018, so I'm curious to hear the end to your story!

Dave

Edited by blizzardboy

We're in an RS on Connie for the first sailing with So5 so Im interested to know the position. After spending $20K on an upper suite having to quibble over $30 or $40 seems a bit miserly.

To be honest its not the money but the clarity. It says "Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants" in the advertising that =X= use to help persude us to spend thousands more on a suite than an ordinary veranda. It would be nice if the advertising included a caveat to indicate which restaurants where not included:eek: .

If you look through the website Bo5 / So5 are lumped in with all the specialty restaurants.

If you also look under the heading Specialty Dining Policies it sates "If you are dining in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants you must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of Silk Harvest, Qsine®, Bistro on Five, The Lawn Club Grill, and Tuscan Grille....." Am I being daft or does that not indicate that Bo5 is a specialty restaurant!

We booked a RS last month for our first Celebrity cruise, Abu Dhabi to Singapore in Jan 2018. I didn't get past our booking receipt before I found out about Celebrity's self-serving and inconsistent classification of cruises as "repositioning" to exempt the advertised suite perks their website extols. I fought that battle and got compensation for the denied perks in the form of OBC, but it left me concerned about how X does business. In the 6 weeks since booking, I keep reading about other cruisers' Celebrity "gotcha" moments, making me wonder if I want to do business with a company that seems to practice "bait and switch" with such great frequency.

We are currently onboard the Eclipse. Tomorrow is day three of 19 nights we have aboard and there is a disagreement about what unlimited dining package means and if on port days all suites can use bistro, among the staff. We are in an RS and will move to PH next cruise.

I feel I have been patient with asking for clarification after our butler explained we were not eligible and our hostess has also had difficulty getting clarification of promised benefits. Our butler explained we were not his first guests confused as to why they could not use bistro. I have provided copies of your posts, yet the issue continues and we haven't even gotten to what the limitations of unlimited package are.

I assume I will not be the only one with these issues and while possibly all ships have this answer the Eclipse does not. Sooner or later they will, but I am hoping they do while I am aboard.

Is it possible for you to post clarification of the unlimited package so I can fully enjoy our vacation amenities? Anything you can do to assist the staff here would also be greatly appreciated. Our first port day is tomorrow.

Thank you....

Yet, another case of where someone uses posts from CC to make a case for what is thought to be a 'perk' when in fact a call with a request for a follow up email from X would be the over-ridding way to go.

But, be that as it may, I trust you got unlimited dining while onboard, despite what the policy may be and much consternation on your part. (no, I did not read all the posts and follow ups, to be sure).

bon voyage

We booked a RS last month for our first Celebrity cruise, Abu Dhabi to Singapore in Jan 2018. I didn't get past our booking receipt before I found out about Celebrity's self-serving and inconsistent classification of cruises as "repositioning" to exempt the advertised suite perks their website extols. I fought that battle and got compensation for the denied perks in the form of OBC, but it left me concerned about how X does business. In the 6 weeks since booking, I keep reading about other cruisers' Celebrity "gotcha" moments, making me wonder if I want to do business with a company that seems to practice "bait and switch" with such great frequency.

Look, don't worry you will be pampered and cared for and never want to book anything but a Celebrity suite life package again. Our last two cruises have been our best ever!

The problem is one of lack of consistency/communication on little things that do annoy...non of them are enough to spoil a vacation but they are so unnecessary.

Celebrity hopefully will come on and confirm....Then one of us will board and inform the staff (who may not know) of any updates....then someone else will find it is different on another ship...

So relax, look forward to your cruise!

Look, don't worry you will be pampered and cared for and never want to book anything but a Celebrity suite life package again. Our last two cruises have been our best ever!

The problem is one of lack of consistency/communication on little things that do annoy...non of them are enough to spoil a vacation but they are so unnecessary.

Celebrity hopefully will come on and confirm....Then one of us will board and inform the staff (who may not know) of any updates....then someone else will find it is different on another ship...

So relax, look forward to your cruise!

Samuel,

I didn't become able to afford a RS by walking past $800 worth of anything, promised amenities at booking included. As groryjm posted regarding promised unlimited specialty dining, it's not the money as much as the inconsistencies in X's own statements. This brings about what's perceived to be their attempts to use "fine print" to nickel-and-dime their best customers. I haven't cancelled my booking, but a letter sent to X's Executive Office 5 weeks ago, relaying my booking experience and more that I've chosen not to post, remains unanswered at this time. They don't seem to care.

Edited by blizzardboy

Samuel,

I didn't become able to afford a RS by walking past $800 worth of anything, promised amenities at booking included. As groryjm posted regarding promised unlimited specialty dining, it's not the money as much as the inconsistencies in X's own statements. This brings about what's perceived to be their attempts to use "fine print" to nickel-and-dime their best customers. I haven't cancelled my booking, but a letter sent to X's Executive Office 5 weeks ago, relaying my booking experience and more that I've chosen not to post, remains unanswered at this time. They don't seem to care.

Your concerns are duly noted.

bon voyage

Yet, another case of where someone uses posts from CC to make a case for what is thought to be a 'perk' when in fact a call with a request for a follow up email from X would be the over-ridding way to go.

bon voyage

Are you absolutely sure that the requested email will be show up while OP is still on the cruise?:cool:

Are you absolutely sure that the requested email will be show up while OP is still on the cruise?:cool:

No, I cannot be sure at all... then again, with X, what can one be sure of, except boarding and having a great time despite it all. Then again the OP indicated there were other 'issues' to be addressed by X as well, so not sure how many items there were of concern.

This may be a deal breaker for future cruises with X, it sounds like, either booking again or just in a suite.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Samuel,

I spoke with celebrity just this week with this same complaint. I suggested to then a sheet in room outlining all perks and restaurants outlined so everyone is consistent and informed. I wrote a letter to concerns@celebrity a.com and was contacted by email and phone within two days. Maybe try sending your concern through that channel.

Samuel,

I spoke with celebrity just this week with this same complaint. I suggested to then a sheet in room outlining all perks and restaurants outlined so everyone is consistent and informed. I wrote a letter to concerns@celebrity.com and was contacted by email and phone within two days. Maybe try sending your concern through that channel.