Dear Celebrity Cruises

hulamoon

We are currently onboard the Eclipse. Tomorrow is day three of 19 nights we have aboard and there is a disagreement about what unlimited dining package means and if on port days all suites can use bistro, among the staff. We are in an RS and will move to PH next cruise.

I feel I have been patient with asking for clarification after our butler explained we were not eligible and our hostess has also had difficulty getting clarification of promised benefits. Our butler explained we were not his first guests confused as to why they could not use bistro. I have provided copies of your posts, yet the issue continues and we haven't even gotten to what the limitations of unlimited package are.

I assume I will not be the only one with these issues and while possibly all ships have this answer the Eclipse does not. Sooner or later they will, but I am hoping they do while I am aboard.

Is it possible for you to post clarification of the unlimited package so I can fully enjoy our vacation amenities? Anything you can do to assist the staff here would also be greatly appreciated. Our first port day is tomorrow.

Thank you....

We are currently onboard the Eclipse. Tomorrow is day three of 19 nights we have aboard and there is a disagreement about what unlimited dining package means and if on port days all suites can use bistro, among the staff. We are in an RS and will move to PH next cruise.

I feel I have been patient with asking for clarification after our butler explained we were not eligible and our hostess has also had difficulty getting clarification of promised benefits. Our butler explained we were not his first guests confused as to why they could not use bistro. I have provided copies of your posts, yet the issue continues and we haven't even gotten to what the limitations of unlimited package are.

I assume I will not be the only one with these issues and while possibly all ships have this answer the Eclipse does not. Sooner or later they will, but I am hoping they do while I am aboard.

Is it possible for you to post clarification of the unlimited package so I can fully enjoy our vacation amenities? Anything you can do to assist the staff here would also be greatly appreciated. Our first port day is tomorrow.

Thank you....

Sorry for the confusion you are encountering, but reading X's website, it is 'Specialty' Restaurants (Murano, Tuscan & QSine are the current Specialty restaurants on Eclipse) with 'Cafes and/or Bistros' not included.

So, it appears that the information you are receiving on-board is correct, unless there were changes made since the current posting to X's website.

Or, there is something in play which is not listed on the website or other 'official' X posting or website.

bon voyage and have fun...

Edited by Bo1953

Sorry for the confusion you are encountering, but reading X's website, it is 'Specialty' Restaurants and not the 'Cafe or Bistros' which are included. So, it appears that the information you are receiving on-board is correct, unless there were changes made since the current posting.

Or, there is something in play there which is not listed on the website or other 'official' X posting or website.

bon voyage and have fun...

Suite cruisers are supposed to be able to eat lunch for free in Bistro when Luminae is closed on port days. Or so it's been stated somewhere around here, I think.

Thank you....

This is from the Celebrity website:

Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants including lunch, dinner, and one Champagne High Tea

Bistro on 5 is not a specialty restaurant. So it appears the information you were given was correct.

Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants including lunch, dinner, and one Champagne High Tea

Bistro on 5 is not a specialty restaurant. So it appears the information you were given was correct.

Yet, the staff on board Millennium describe BO5 as a "specialty restaurant'! :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll play. Please read the last sentence of a recent post by the official CC spokesperson/account for X:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48316787

keesar and bo....I suggest you read the following post by celebrity's official rep to Cruise Critic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48316787&postcount=22

This issue really has nothing to do with the unlimited dining package...it has to do with Celebrity's original press release and their CEO's comments on meals in Luminae. There are other threads on this in more detail than you want...but the issue now is whether CelebrityCruises speaks for Celebrity or whether we should just ignore their posts, their press releases, their CEO's comments or ????. Based on history, the web site is probably the least likely to be correct. Ships are differing on charging suite passengers for Bistro on 5...there is no consistency.....hopefully CelebrityCruises will either do a mia culpa or respond in some way to this thread....they have ignored the others.

Edited by ghstudio

I am not looking for an argument, but I believe I was promised a free crepe. lol

I figure I should be covered under unlimited package or the suite lunch benefit on port days.

Well if they do not want to answer it's fine but it seems some clarification would be beneficial for staff and guests. I am going to assume it's taking some time to straighten out, or the bistro lunch is being rescinded during my cruise.

So you paid $20K+ for these cruises and they are not giving you some $20 lunches at bistro on five? This is ridiculous. Speak to the Hotel manager and he will comp it off. You are in the highest level suites.....Accommodations are made all the time.....ALL THE TIME. Just don't publish it here....or else everyone will expect it.

Cheers!

PS. Chicken pot pie is good too.

So you paid $20K+ for these cruises and they are not giving you some $20 lunches at bistro on five? This is ridiculous. Speak to the Hotel manager and he will comp it off. You are in the highest level suites.....Accommodations are made all the time.....ALL THE TIME. Just don't publish it here....or else everyone will expect it.

Cheers!

Like. Never had a problem with 3 stripes and above resolving any confusion or making sure we got what we paid for or more.

Like. Never had a problem with 3 stripes and above resolving any confusion or making sure we got what we paid for or more.

Not always the case and as the poster is in the RS and has raised also with the suites concierge the three stripes will be involved.

I see a well written question has been posed on Facebook. Let's see the answer that transpires from that.

I do hope the Cruise Critic Editors are also monitoring this thread and the one re the drinks package. They may want to give feedback to the cruiseline on the need for more careful wording of official posts. Great to have an official poster but useless if their posts add confusion rather than clarity.

We were in a RS on the Infinity in June and Summit last month. We ate daily in BO5 on port and non port days and were always given an invoice with a zero dollar charge. There was never a question that it wasn't included. I certainly hope it remains the same.

Suite cruisers are supposed to be able to eat lunch for free in Bistro when Luminae is closed on port days. Or so it's been stated somewhere around here, I think.

Yes, I understand that, but I Am under the impression that the OP wants to dine in B5 at anytime he chooses as part of a package of Unlimited Specialty Dining for suites.

My apologies if incorrect.

keesar and bo....I suggest you read the following post by celebrity's official rep to Cruise Critic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48316787&postcount=22

This issue really has nothing to do with the unlimited dining package...it has to do with Celebrity's original press release and their CEO's comments on meals in Luminae. There are other threads on this in more detail than you want...but the issue now is whether CelebrityCruises speaks for Celebrity or whether we should just ignore their posts, their press releases, their CEO's comments or ????. Based on history, the web site is probably the least likely to be correct. Ships are differing on charging suite passengers for Bistro on 5...there is no consistency.....hopefully CelebrityCruises will either do a mia culpa or respond in some way to this thread....they have ignored the others.

ghs - thank you for pointing out the post and I have read X's web site also. Yet, as I read the OP's issue it pertains ONLY to X's Unlimited Dining and being able to eat in B5 as part of that particular package (pre-paid).

Now, if the OP is specifically speaking about lunch during a port call, then it was not clear to me and others here. As well, I Am sure there are specific 'lunch' hours which covers B5.

The time at which the OP was looking to 'dine' in B5 is not indicated, unless they have written you directly on this specific.

The posting by X here is clear to me as to what the policy is concerning suite guests on port days and where they can eat for no additional charge for lunch, this is not the issue as I read it.

I do not blame X for ignoring some postings as they are redundant and many answers can be found on X's website or ticket contract for passage and NOT impassioned by CC posters, for the most part. This is not to say there are never any valid criticisms or challenges on any of X's ships or Corporate policies.

I believe one should receive what they pay for and nothing less, which is well within the control of the company. If not in the control of the company, whatever the contract dictates shall prevail, mainly Acts of God for the most part are not covered. ;-)

Impasse, possibly, until further clarified.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Sorry if I misunderstood and confused things further.

No worries, the OP, apparently, has not made it clear for others here as well. But based on the wording chosen, it is the only way to respond. It is possible that lunch can be the issue, but it appears not to be to me.

Hopefully it will be clarified and they are having a great sailing regardless of this.

bon voyage.

Cheers!

p.s.s - so are portabella mushrooms too! :D

thanks c, above it all.. thank you.

I may be missing something, but why is pointing out you are in RS and going to PH germane to this issue?

Because RS and PH suites plus signature and Reflection suites all get unlimited Specialty Restaurants as part of the Suite package. We were in a RS on the Eclipse in September and ate free in Bistro during that cruise as part of this.

T

Now, if the OP is specifically speaking about lunch during a port call, then it was not clear to me and others here. As well, I Am sure there are specific 'lunch' hours which covers B5.

bon voyage

This is what the OP posted: "We are currently onboard the Eclipse. Tomorrow is day three of 19 nights we have aboard and there is a disagreement about what unlimited dining package means and if on port days all suites can use bistro, among the staff."

Clear that the question from the OP is both as it should be.