Caribbean Princess state rooms

Joey222

Stateroom interiors are comparable up through the balcony staterooms, then get bigger with mini-suites.

We prefer balcony staterooms to get fresh air and a feeling for the ocean, going outside for as little or as long as we desire. Caribe deck balconies are our favorites as the balcony is bigger, being half covered, half open.

Sometimes it just depends on what your budget is and what you are want for features in a stateroom.

Interior staterooms are the least expensive but no windows. The TV has a channel that shows the ship's cam so you can see what is going on outside. They are dark however if you want to sleep during the day.

Oceanview rooms have a window looking out and about the same size as the interior cabin.

Balcony cabins have a sliding glass door and private balcony. The biggest balcony is on the Caribe deck (deck 10) that is half covered and half open. The pax above you can look down on you so it that bothers you pick a smaller balcony in the decks above. Usually there is nobody looking down.

Minisuite is larger and more $$$ of course. They feature a loveseat, 2 TVs and a bathtub instead of a shower. Most mini's are on the dolphin deck with a few on the aft emerald deck with covered balcony. The dolphin dick mini balcony can be seen from above.

Suites are available for even more $$$$.

If you decide on a cabin on the riviera deck be aware that you will be immediately below the lido deck with its pool areas and HC (buffet) which can be noisy both during the day and late at night when they are dragging chairs/tables around to clean. However the bow area of that deck is below cabins on the lido deck bow.

Lido deck cabins on the bow are immediately below the spa and fitness area and can be noisy during the day particularly if you have a cabin right below the fitness center with its treadmills etc.

Emerald deck cabins are right above the promenade deck with its theater, bars, clubs etc and can be noisy particularly in the evening hours until they close around midnight. Also emerald deck cabins can have obstructed views because of the life boats immediately outside the window.

Always look what is below the cabin your are reserving and what is above it. Also look for its location in reference to the stairwell and elevator banks.

Minisuite is larger and more $$$ of course. They feature a loveseat, 2 TVs and a bathtub instead of a shower. Most mini's are on the dolphin deck with a few on the aft emerald deck with covered balcony. The dolphin dick mini balcony can be seen from above.

Suites are available for even more $$$$.

The Caribbean Princess is one of a handful of Princess ships with Window Suites (i.e., no balcony) that oftentimes are hardly more expensive than a mini-suite. They are lovely cabins, centrally located and you get all the full suite perks. We had one on a British Isles cruise and it was perfect for that type of cruise (port intensive with cool, potentially rainy, weather).

Any state room recommendations on the Caribbean Princess would be appreciated.

We were in P-309 on Plaza Deck with a window

Close to the Atrium, Coral Dining Room, International Cafe,Internet Cafe, and the laundry room. Not all decks have laundry rooms if you are on a long cruise

We would choose this cabin again

Howard

• 4 weeks later...

And of course we prefer inside on Caribe deck. As one poster said, they are dark, day and night so easy to take a daytime nap. If I want to see what it looks like outside the TV has a channel that shows the outside, not that I care what it is like. When I get out of the room and where I am going, I will find that out. :) And of course for the price of a balcony we can take two cruises in an inside.

Edited by restasured

Amazing. So many recommendations without even knowing what the OP is wanting. It's a good thing that Princess ships have rooms for everyone.

My take, if anyone is interested. Caribbean Princess is one of the three with Window Suites. Always first choice (never been in F301 or F315). Then I love the interiors on the Plaza Deck (P326 +). What a range of options.