No Tub in Sirena PH ??

petlover

• 3 months later...

I could not believe this as the Oceania website still shows that the Sirena Penthouse Suites will have 'full bathtubs'.

However Oceania have just confirmed to me that their plans for this have changed and there will now only be showers.

This is very disappointing and is a very backwards move by an otherwise proactive cruise line.

They will lose a lot of business with this change.

I am one (of the apparently few judging by postings on CC) who prefer the bathtubs ... but I don't think Oceania will lose business by dropping them. Even though I prefer the tub to a shower, I would never refuse to travel on a line that only has showers. There are other things that are far more important. To me, anyway.

Mura

Edited by Mura

Then you don't know my wife....bathtub or we don't go

Sorry about that. I guess we will not be meeting you on any future cruises. The only thing we used the bathtubs for was to put the dirty towels. Love the showers in the PH on the big ships.

Then you don't know my wife....bathtub or we don't go

If it is that important to her, she shouldn't. I didn't mean that "no one" would avoid a cruiseline just because it's a shower and a tub. Certainly some will.

It's just not that important to me.

By the way, I know some people complain about the difficulty of getting in and out of a tub on a moving ship ... and I won't deny it's easier on land. But we were lucky enough to be upgraded to an OS on Regatta on a cruise 10 years ago. (I've mentioned this before.)

I blew out my meniscus the day before we boarded the ship and I was eternally grateful for the jacuzzi in the suite. (I realize they are gone now.) Even with a bum leg, I was able to get in and out of the tub without difficulty. Of course, someone who cannot lift his leg (as was the case with my brother-in-law after his stroke) would find it impossible.

If it is that important to her, she shouldn't. I didn't mean that "no one" would avoid a cruiseline just because it's a shower and a tub. Certainly some will.

It's just not that important to me.

By the way, I know some people complain about the difficulty of getting in and out of a tub on a moving ship ... and I won't deny it's easier on land. But we were lucky enough to be upgraded to an OS on Regatta on a cruise 10 years ago. (I've mentioned this before.)

I blew out my meniscus the day before we boarded the ship and I was eternally grateful for the jacuzzi in the suite. (I realize they are gone now.) Even with a bum leg, I was able to get in and out of the tub without difficulty. Of course, someone who cannot lift his leg (as was the case with my brother-in-law after his stroke) would find it impossible.

Spent 24 days on Nautica in a VS and it was very hard to climb into the tub/shower every day. Glad they got rid of the tub. Made it very easy to clean up after a busy day.

I don't disagree that it can be awkward crawling in and out of the tub, even if you are only using the shower function. There is the side of the tub to deal with.

In MY case, which would never affect many passengers, I really needed the jacuzzi jets. I would soak in epsom salts which really helped my leg. Even with my temporary handicap, I didn't have a problem getting in and out, but sure, a shower would have been easier.

On the other hand, the shower didn't have the soaking function which I found so invaluable!

So my perspective is certainly not one that most passengers will have. (Especially given that so few cabins had the jacuzzi anyway.)

Mura

I'm just off the Riviera and we had a penthouse suite. I loved the separate tub and the shower. They had bath salts to soak in and wonderful Bulgari products to use. I shower at home because I'm usually in a hurry, so it was very nice taking a bath before dinner every night. The tub was huge and the bathroom seemed more luxurious with a separate shower and tub. It reminded me of suites I've had on Silversea.

I'm just off the Riviera and we had a penthouse suite. I loved the separate tub and the shower. They had bath salts to soak in and wonderful Bulgari products to use. I shower at home because I'm usually in a hurry, so it was very nice taking a bath before dinner every night. The tub was huge and the bathroom seemed more luxurious with a separate shower and tub. It reminded me of suites I've had on Silversea.

We loved the great use of space in the Riviera PH suites.

And although a larger bathroom would have been nice (2 sinks are always nice), it was just about perfect, as described above by ewrflyer.

Having a separate tub (real one, reasonably deep) and a nice large separate shower (with glass door, not curtain) was a *huge* plus.

DH prefers showers, and when rushed, so do I.

But when on vacation, having the time, i love the luxury of soaking in a nice hot tub.

Oceania... PLEASE keep those PH tubs *and* showers on Riviera/Marina.

Thank you, I hope.

The choice IS important to many of us.

My wife insists on a tub and would be very disappointed if there were none available. I enjoy a decent sized tub too, though if there is a jacuzzi onboard I'm fine with just a shower in the room.

I'm a Winston Churchill buff; like FDR he insisted on a bath tub wherever he went, including on board naval ships...

Oceania... PLEASE keep those PH tubs *and* showers on Riviera/Marina.

Thank you, I hope.

The choice IS important to many of us.

I doubt they will remove the tubs on the O class ships since they spent extra money putting in the better showers in the tub area

The R- ships are a different problem

Nice to have the best of both worlds. Keeps everyone happy.

If they say they have tubs on there website ( which they do) then they should have tubs, this is mis selling in my opinion.

We are booked on Sirera in PH suite in June and my wife is very disappointed that we do not have a bath ( tub) because when we booked we were told that our suite would include a bath tub.

i know it sound petty but Oceana should notify suite guests of the change of room specification along with updating the website without delay.

A bath /tub is a little luxury that many people like and for some one of the reasons they choose a suite.

If they say they have tubs on there website ( which they do) then they should have tubs, this is mis selling in my opinion.

I do not see any mention of a tub in the PH cabins

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/suites-staterooms/penthouse-suite/

"the granite-clad bathroom features a large enclosed shower. "

Edited by LHT28

Yes I see the + sign on that link

they need to upgrade that on the website

I would complain to the webmaster or Oceania

Yet under the PH link it shows only the shower listed

someone did not do a good job in proofreading before uploading the information

• 2 weeks later...

It also says on the website that Sirena is a sister ship to Nautica.

When on Nautica in a PH Suite on 8 Deck we certainly had a Bath (Tub)...

26162589142_4f75630791_z.jpg

Here is a link to my review...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/03/21/oceania-nautica-dawn-of-civilisation-cruise/

From the very first publicity about Sirena, it has been stated that there will be a walk-in shower in the PH suites. No Tub!

Whether or not the other small ships will ever have this renovation is unknown but it would be very expensive! Sirena had so much to be done, this change is just part of the $40 million makeover.

The link you posted includes the following statement - does not appear misleading at all

Our luxurious Penthouse Suites feature oversized living and dining areas, and marble- and granite-clad bathrooms with a large enclosed shower.

The Oceania Sirena web site ( see link below) still mentions a tub in the PH suite.

Misleading and incorrect.

A tub / bath is a big plus to us and one of the reasons we opted for a PH suite on our cruise in June.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/sirena/suites-staterooms/

No good? Stay home. They will not rebuild the ship for you. Most of us want a stall shower not a tub. Sorry.