Review of Infinity canal Nov. 20 cruise

ddled

Just got back from Infinity 15 day from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Some thoughts:

Embarkation: Awful!! San Diego is not a cruise port. The terminal is too small and it took 2 hours of standing in line to get to the desk to register. Needs more security.

Noro virus- we had an outbreak the time we were there. Ship did everything to fight it. They cleaned everything that did not move. Elevator buttons, walls,kiosks went out of lobby, tables were wet all the time-some complained about that-stupid complaint, paper cups in staterooms, ice bucket went, outhandrails cleaned all the time, buffet no more self serve, throw pillows out, the morning we disembarked the gym, spa,library, some restrooms were closed with signs on that said sanitized. Captain came on each day asking for cooperation. None of us got sick, did not see anyone, heard of one in his cabin for 4 days. CDC may have numbers about what went on.

Entertainment: was great-very good music to dance to, theater shows were good, Milos was the lecturer and will be until April. Had no complaints about entertainment. Sara was the CD, did a good job-very perky.

Food-the usual Celebrity standard, which is to say very good. Everything fresh, well cooked, lots of choices. We are Elite on X and have never had a problem with food.

Service-excellent all around. Whatever program X uses to train works well for about all the employees. Friendly, eager to help, fun to visit with.

Ports. The canal is awesome-even the 2nd time. How they did that then is amazing. Antigua is amazing-like going back 300 years and walking around. Costa Rica is great-visited the crocs on Tarcoles river-very good nature trip. Cartegena was very hot-took walking tour, cat ride around harbor, was good. Mexico-Cabo and Puerto Vallarta are typical Mexican ports-fun for a day.

Overall- a good cruise. Ship was clean, mostly new looking, and a good ride. Easy to get around in, we had plenty to do. Would not shy away from this ship for any cruises. If you have cruised some(we have only done 20) you get to an idea of what ships should be like-Infinity was above average with a great itinerary and a very good crew, even under the trying conditions of the Noro outbeak, which actually started on the cruise before ours. I have no major complaints except that it is over. Several in our party had cruised before and no complaints from anyone. Well done:)

Thank you so much for your review! We are not on the Infinity until 2017 when we will be cruising the Panama Canal from FLL - SD. It can not come soon enough. In the mean time we have two sailings on the Constellation to look forward to, later this month, and a crossing in April 2016.

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

So happy to hear a positive review as we are sailing in June and getting nervous about all the bad reviews. Thanks for helping put my mind at ease:)

We sailed on the Infinity in September ... BEST CRUISE EVER!! I would never hesitate to sail on her again and again. Our first 2 on her were also fabulous -- this last one was even better.

Thanks for review . Will be first time Celebrity sailing in March doing the Panama Sth America to Miami. Have done 7 cruises previously on other lines but looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise on the Infinity.

We have booked the Infinity San Diego to Ft. Lauderdalet cruise sailing from San Diego on Thanksgiving November 24, 2016. Sailed Infinity many times in the past but not recently

Looking forward to the changes to Infinity

Bob & Terry

• 2 months later...

We board the Infinity on April 11 for the San Diego-Miami Panama Canal cruise. First time on an M-class ship - have sailed on the Solstice and Reflection and loved them both. Curious to see how the Infinity Aqua Class cabins/amenities compare between M-class and S-class. We love Blu and hope we are just as pleased on this cruise.

We board the Infinity on April 11 for the San Diego-Miami Panama Canal cruise. First time on an M-class ship - have sailed on the Solstice and Reflection and loved them both. Curious to see how the Infinity Aqua Class cabins/amenities compare between M-class and S-class. We love Blu and hope we are just as pleased on this cruise.

Beachgirl: We've done six cruises on the Infinity and enjoy the ship. Two of those cruises were through the Panama Canal, and the Infinity is a great ship for the transit. If there is no rain the heli-pad may be opened during the actual transit.

But regarding Blu -- we've been in Blu on both M-class and S-class ships, and actually prefer Blu on the M-class ships. The M-class Blu venues are such a perfect size.

Just got back from Infinity 15 day from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. Some thoughts:

Embarkation: Awful!! San Diego is not a cruise port. The terminal is too small and it took 2 hours of standing in line to get to the desk to register. Needs more security.

What time did you arrive at the San Diego cruiseport?

So happy to hear a positive review as we are sailing in June and getting nervous about all the bad reviews. Thanks for helping put my mind at ease:)

Me too! I saw all the bad stuff on Cruise Critic and sent Celebrity a message inquiring -- we recently sailed on the Summit and absolutely loved it. They emailed me and also called and I just had a conversation with them today. The rep said that there is no difference in the training, standards, or policies between the Summit and Infinity or any other Celebrity ship, and that if the reviewers had concerns that were valid, their social media team addresses them ASAP. That did make me feel better. We're going in November.

Me too! I saw all the bad stuff on Cruise Critic and sent Celebrity a message inquiring -- we recently sailed on the Summit and absolutely loved it. They emailed me and also called and I just had a conversation with them today. The rep said that there is no difference in the training, standards, or policies between the Summit and Infinity or any other Celebrity ship, and that if the reviewers had concerns that were valid, their social media team addresses them ASAP. That did make me feel better. We're going in November.

We sailed on Infinity B2B Panama Canal & South America Dec. 2015 to early Jan. 2016 and loved every minute of it. Don't worry about those negative reviews.

I sailed on the infinity around the horn leaving Buenos Aires To Valparaiso and then to Miami . When leaving Ushuaia going in to beagle channel. The views of the glaciers are amazing. Qsine has floor to ceiling windows and the beagle channel is a good time to have dinner there with the view as a backdrop better then being on the outside deck which can be cold other things that are nice if the bar overlooking the aft behind the buffet, the Rendezvous Lounge by the dining room has pre and post dinner music. If travelling thru the Panama Canal they will open the helipad as a viewpoint accessible through the theatre and will have a guide providing commentary in the sky lounge on deck 11. Infinity should have something for everybody

We found you here too!

Did Aqua Class on the Silhouette and it was wonderful. Blu was a separate location as opposed to a carve out of the main dining room we are going to get on the Infinity.

We found you here too!

Did Aqua Class on the Silhouette and it was wonderful. Blu was a separate location as opposed to a carve out of the main dining room we are going to get on the Infinity.

We've completed six cruises on the Infinity with five of those cruises in an Aqua stateroom. Our first Infinity cruise was prior to the introduction of Aqua staterooms on M-class ships.

If you didn't know that Blu is located in an area which was originally part of the MDR it wouldn't be apparent. But I really do prefer Blu on the M-class ships -- it is narrower so even if you aren't seated in a table right along one of the windows many times you still can look out at the seas.

• 3 months later...
Thank you so much for your review! We are not on the Infinity until 2017 when we will be cruising the Panama Canal from FLL - SD. It can not come soon enough. In the mean time we have two sailings on the Constellation to look forward to, later this month, and a crossing in April 2016.

Marie

Are you on the Oct 24 cruise from FLL to SD? We are on that one. We've never sailed on Celebrity, but are diamond status on RCCL.

Are you on the Oct 24 cruise from FLL to SD? We are on that one. We've never sailed on Celebrity' date=' but are diamond status on RCCL.[/quote']

We are! Please join our Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2301131

We have cruised Carnival(Platinum) RCCL(Emerald), Holland, Princess, but, Celebrity is currently our cruise line of choice. We have only cruised four times with Celebrity, but, we leave next month for Bermuda on Celebrity. We are hoping to be Elite by our PC cruise. Since you are Diamond with RCCL you will come in as Elite.

Marie