Boarding screening TSA style?

Roamer321

What is the security screening like boarding a RCL ship. Is it airport TSA style with the liquid and sharp edges restrictions? We are boarding at Port Canaveral if that matters.

No liquid restrictions like TSA, however they do restrict knives, etc.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

What is the security screening like boarding a RCL ship. Is it airport TSA style with the liquid and sharp edges restrictions? We are boarding at Port Canaveral if that matters.

Hi,

In today's environment of what happens in the world, why do you ask such questions. It does seem very suspicious.

If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

Pete

Hi,

In today's environment of what happens in the world, why do you ask such questions. It does seem very suspicious.

Pete

Really? They are likely trying to determine what can be in carry-ons and what in checked bags. They may not even be flying to the port, so this distinction makes a world of difference when packing a carry-on.

Edit to add that I just checked, and they are from Orlando, and boarding in FLL, so they are driving, and wondering what ""must haves" if our suitcase doesn't get to the cabin until late" things are allowed in a carry-on.

Edited by chengkp75

Hi,

Pete

Seriously?? :rolleyes::rolleyes: "very suspicious"???? Your post is very ridiculous.

Edited by bouhunter

Just a heads up on sharps. Port Canaveral appears to be very restrictive on this. I normally like to have a daily apple and use a paring knife to cut it up. The blade is only about 3 inches. I've carried it aboard with no problems on RCI cruises in Baltimore, Tampa, Vancouver, and Rome but it was confiscated in Port Canaveral.

If you have any kind of sharp, no matter how small, I would put it in your carryon so your bag does not end up in the naughty room.

Roy

Hi,

Pete

there's nothing crazy about asking? the world is scarier than ever. I'd want to know if I'm in danger. if I see something, I'm saying something. people often wait too late to act, then say "I thought there was something wrong..."! by then it's too late. wondering how lax security is on a ship is crazy!!! sorry- just my own personal opinion that means nothing to nobody but me

Indeed. I had a small "survival" pocketknife I had forgotten about in the bottom of my equipment bag. The item was confiscated but collected after the cruise.

It slightly delayed our embarkation and I was not treated like a criminal. In fact, it provided a little peace of mind on just how well security does its job in Baltimore.

Thanks for the replies.

We are driving from Orlando to Port Canaveral so now flights.

I was wanting to mostly about the liquid restriction as we make

our own personal hygiene products.

Thanks for defending me for asking how much of my freedom

I could exercise on my vacation.:)

Thanks for the replies.

If you put large containers of liquids in your checked bags, your luggage delivery could be delayed by security. It would probably save you time if you can fit your liquids in your carry-on.

If you put large containers of liquids in your checked bags, your luggage delivery could be delayed by security. It would probably save you time if you can fit your liquids in your carry-on.

Good point, Bob. Liquids in unlabeled, or hand labeled containers will be suspected of being alcohol.

Thanks for the replies.

No worries. CC has gone from having members that think they are moderators to now having members that think they are home land security.;) It doesn't hurt to be vigilant in real life but questioning honest questions from a long time member is a bit over the top.

Hi,

Pete

I thought the same thing. Why?

Hi,

The post by the American users of this forum that seem to think my post is ridiculous - if people in this world were more security conscious then there wouldn't be as many atrocities that have happened. I have lived through the IRA bombings that happened in England throughout the back half of the last century when it was drummed into you to be vigilant about security. I have also travelled the world (admittedly 1st world) and until the Twin Towers in New York, security in the USA was a joke, it has improved but not up to the UK standard. The posts from American users is indicative of their lack of taking security responsibly.

The moral of the story is THINK before you ask questions about how security works - it could just be innocent but it may not.

Pete

Hi,

The post by the American users of this forum that seem to think my post is ridiculous - if people in this world were more security conscious then there wouldn't be as many atrocities that have happened. I have lived through the IRA bombings that happened in England throughout the back half of the last century when it was drummed into you to be vigilant about security. I have also travelled the world (admittedly 1st world) and until the Twin Towers in New York, security in the USA was a joke, it has improved but not up to the UK standard. The posts from American users is indicative of their lack of taking security responsibly.

The moral of the story is THINK before you ask questions about how security works - it could just be innocent but it may not.

Pete

This is OT but I think needs to be said. There is a fundamental difference between our country and yours. We we founded on freedom. With a lot of freedom comes some danger. What you see as not taking our security seriously is actually us taking our freedom seriously. We do not as easily give up our freedoms as citizens of some countries do. We do not want to give up or freedom for supposed safety.

They also restrict water guns [emoji15]. We had 2 with us that we were going to use to play in the pool with. Confiscated!