No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Bubbly and fruit were considered CC amenities, which USED to be included with AQ.

Still are

You actually sound SOOO much like another poster who I have not seen on these boards lately...NH something, that I swear you are him reincarnate (or under another screen name).

You remind me of a conspiracy theorist! :D :D :D

The problem I have with the change is that Celebrity sold the Aqua staterooms with a list of benefits, one of which was water provided throughout the cruise to the room.

I suspect most will simply pick up water at venues around the ship using their Beverage Package so the actual dollar savings to Celebrity is insignificant. I suspect the change is to support an internal process change, elimination of an accounting step, thus representing a "brown dollar" savings to the Company.

Be that as it may, for whatever reason the change has been made I think it demonstrates a serious lack of customer focus. The Aqua "package" was sold to include water to the room, IMO Celebrity should deliver what was sold.

I understand that if you're not in an Aqua stateroom, or if you have a beverage package, or you don't mind getting your own water from the many venues around the ship the change might not impact you, that it may be considered inconsequential, minor or a frivolous complaint.

But, as many have explained, and I agree water in the room was sold as part of the package and it should be honored.

I'm not sure complaining on Cruise Critic will have much impact given the reply by Celebrity Cruises at post #513. It appears the policy has been implemented. Snail mail, detailing why the anger and a move of business to a competitor will probably have more of an impact.

Edited by WpgCruise

Hi HCat:

In our AquaClass cabin on Equinox (December 11-21, 2015) our towels were plush and generously-sized every day, and we were provided with 4 large bath towels each day, without requesting extra. The towels looked new.

We had bubbly on ice when we arrived in our cabin on embarkation day.

We had three green apples on embarkation day in the white tripartite dish. The dish was refilled with green apples, oranges and pears thereafter....one of each.

Thanks...nothing is a deal breaker for us but we have been spoiled by the pampering on all our past AQ class cruises and in Concierge before that on the M ships...

Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

elena7seas, thanks for your report from the Equinox.

hcat, thanks for any information you can acquire on your upcoming cruise. Have a wonderful cruise.

El Crucero, thanks for calling Celebrity Customer Service and getting an answer regarding the inclusion of Concierge Class amenities.

Celebrity has removed the sentence of including the Concierge Class amenities with Aqua.

Was the Concierge Class sentence ever on the AQ amenities list? I'm just asking as I don't recall seeing it there in the past although I could have missed seeing it earlier before we tried AQ.

I don't know if it was on this thread that two email addresses were given to write to Celebrity about this issue. I used one of them and I got a call from them. They said they were noting our concerns. I really don't know if anything will be done but I was happy that they at least responded.

Thanks, TeaBag. Do you know what the email addresses are for us to direct feedback?

It looks like it depends on your nationality, according to Celebrity. ;)

Their website states that the Brits are still supposed to get daily bottled water.

Aquaclass | Celebrity Cruises

• Daily delivery of bottled water and teas

The Aussies are still supposed to get daily bottled water.

AquaClass® | Celebrity Cruises

• Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

But, according to our own Celebrity website

Cruise Ship AquaClass Staterooms | Celebrity Cruises

we lowly Americans are now only supposed to get

Welcome bottled water

Daily delivery of flavored tea

Edited by fleckle

[QU

Was the Concierge Class sentence ever on the AQ amenities list? I'm just asking as I don't recall seeing it there in the past although I could have missed seeing it earlier before we tried AQ.

Yes, the sentence was located on the AQ page and preceded the amenities unique to AQ.

To reference from Celebrity's Caribbean Cruises brochure "AquaClass: includes all Concierge Class & stateroom amenities plus:"

Edited by keesar

You are absolutely correct. Celebrity has removed the sentence of including the Concierge Class amenities with Aqua. One would think the Celebrity website would be accurate so as not to confuse individuals. The way it is currently written, it is misleading and confusing to even experienced cruisers.

It's probably ambiguous so future cuts can be made without a fuss.

It looks like it depends on your nationality, according to Celebrity. ;)

Their website states that the Brits are still supposed to get daily bottled water.

Aquaclass | Celebrity Cruises

• Daily delivery of bottled water and teas

The Aussies are still supposed to get daily bottled water.

AquaClass® | Celebrity Cruises

• Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

But, according to our own Celebrity website

Cruise Ship AquaClass Staterooms | Celebrity Cruises

we lowly Americans are now only supposed to get

Welcome bottled water

Daily delivery of flavored tea

Unfortunately I think that says more about the reliability and accuracy of information given to different customers, than it does about favouritism of supply towards different nationalities. :(

What next?

1. water - GONE

2. Flowers - GONE

1. sleepers - next

2. chocolates - next

3. Colored water in the pitcher - don't care if it goes.

4. Afternoon canapes- next ( easily can go)

5. must pay for Persian Garden

6. must pay for dining in Blu.

After that - this category should be call Limited Modern Luxury balcony category.:rolleyes:

Muesli selection also gone in Aqua Class. Could not even get any seeds to add to plain muesli on recent cruise on Millennium.

What is the matter with some people on this Forum! Read what your benefits are rather than posting wild assumptions. Aqua staterooms receive the amenities listed PLUS those listed for a Concierge stateroom!

In addition Concierge

[

[*]Custom-blended bath amenities

What are the custom blended bath amenities? I think we received what was offered in standard cabins on our Millennium cruise.

The in room breakfast menu is not what it used to be.

Edited by Jade13

But bathroom sink water doesn't taste as good as kitchen sink water.

Ahhhh but refrigerator water tastes BETTER than kitchen sink water. :p

Therefore, X took away the daily bottled water because they couldn't compete with not having a refrigerator dispensing water. Plus instead of raising up the passengers in lower class cabins, they're bringing the AQ cabins down to the common cabins. After all, it's more FAIR to everyone.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

My wife and I were very dissapointed with the elimination of bottled water on our recent cruise in Aqua.This follows other cuts including eggs benedict in blu etc. I did explain politely our dissatisfaction with the Hotel and HR directors. We have 3 cruises booked in Aqua next year that were prior to some of these changes. For the first time in many years, we booked a cruise with another cruise line. We can't justify the much higher prices for Aqua with continued cuts in amenities. I know for some of you it doesn't matter what Celebrity does. For us it does matter. Even spending the higher cost for Aqua, we still watch our nickels and dimes.

Edited by Troopman5073

My wife and I were very dissapointed with the elimination of bottled water on our recent cruise in Aqua.This follows other cuts including eggs benedict in blu etc. I did explain politely our dissatisfaction with the Hotel and HR directors. We have 3 cruises booked in Aqua next year that were prior to some of these changes. For the first time in many years, we booked a cruise with another cruise line. We can't justify the much higher prices for Aqua with continued cuts in amenities. I know for some of you it doesn't matter what Celebrity does. For us it does matter. Even spending the higher cost for Aqua, we still watch our nickels and dimes.

They have never had eggs Benedict on the blu menu....

I always asked for and received Eggs Benedict in Blu for many years. They now will not let you order it

When I mentioned my concerns to the Officers, they noted it and said they would take it back to Celebrity Management.

Thanks,

Edited by Troopman5073

They have never had eggs Benedict on the blu menu....

I expressed disappointment about that to our waiter and he said, "No problem - just please let us know a day in advance" .

But this was last year.

Who knows - maybe another cutback. :(

We sail again in February and I'll be happy to report back.

Edited by chamima

We have not been on a Celebrity cruise since last spring (AQ on one of the b2b cruises), but will be on the Summit next month on b2bs w/ Concierge Class and Aqua Class.

I don’t think we received the facial spray in AQ. Bath amenities looked like what we got in regular staterooms. When I questioned that, the attendant said he "thought" it was the good stuff. :confused: One time we did get a small white mesh and nylon Celebrity daypack with lip balm in it and another time the lip balm without the mesh pack. Is the mesh pack now gone too (although it doesn't seem like it was consistent anyway)?

Muesli selection also gone in Aqua Class. Could not even get any seeds to add to plain muesli on recent cruise on Millennium.

Do they still prepare the muesli to order table side? We will have AQ next month on the Summit. I will report back.

Yes, the sentence was located on the AQ page and preceded the amenities unique to AQ.

To reference from Celebrity's Caribbean Cruises brochure "AquaClass: includes all Concierge Class & stateroom amenities plus:"

Oh, okay. I haven’t seen the brochure, just the wording on the website. Thanks.

There is an inconsistency in service on ships. What your friends find on one may not be what another finds in their experience.

I am not willing to say its all downhill yet, or if a few ships management is trying out new directives and others are holding to the older practices of intuitive service etc.

It certainly is confusing though when friends on other ships on the same week have different rules.