No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

My wife and I were very dissapointed with the elimination of bottled water on our recent cruise in Aqua.This follows other cuts including eggs benedict in blu etc. I did explain politely our dissatisfaction with the Hotel and HR directors. We have 3 cruises booked in Aqua next year that were prior to some of these changes. For the first time in many years, we booked a cruise with another cruise line. We can't justify the much higher prices for Aqua with continued cuts in amenities. I know for some of you it doesn't matter what Celebrity does. For us it does matter. Even spending the higher cost for Aqua, we still watch our nickels and dimes.

what cruise did you book?

There is an inconsistency in service on ships. What your friends find on one may not be what another finds in their experience.

It certainly is confusing though when friends on other ships on the same week have different rules.

We were with friends on the SAME ship on the SAME cruise and received different amenities. We did not receive those stocking stuffers, the white slippers. But our friends did. We received a nice, fresh floral bouquet but they did not.

Check out the price of RCL stock today. Another all time high and over $100 a share. See what the effect of reducing the number of bottles of water does in the eyes of Wall Street.:rolleyes:

We have not been on a Celebrity cruise since last spring (AQ on one of the b2b cruises), but will be on the Summit next month on b2bs w/ Concierge Class and Aqua Class.

Hi Tour de Cruise:

We did have a great cruise on the Equinox (December 11-21, 2015), but there were some noticeable cutbacks. The bottled water was the one we missed the most.

I don’t think we received the facial spray in AQ. Bath amenities looked like what we got in regular staterooms. When I questioned that, the attendant said he "thought" it was the good stuff. :confused: One time we did get a small white mesh and nylon Celebrity daypack with lip balm in it and another time the lip balm without the mesh pack. Is the mesh pack now gone too (although it doesn't seem like it was consistent anyway)?

No facial spray but we did receive the white mesh bag with two pair of slippers and one lip balm.

Bath amenities: Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel, Body Lotion (all average quality, and Conditioner not sufficient for hair that tends to tangle); shower cap (boxed) and another box with what I assumed was cotton balls and cotton swabs. I didn't use the swabs or cotton balls as I brought my own (the quality wasn't up to par on my last cruise), so I can't guarantee what was included in the second box on the bathroom vanity. All products were replenished daily.

Do they still prepare the muesli to order table side? We will have AQ next month on the Summit. I will report back.

No muesli-to-order in Blu.

Oh, okay. I haven’t seen the brochure, just the wording on the website. Thanks.

We had excellent service everywhere on the ship, except our sommelier in Blu seemed to be overworked, although he tried really hard to keep up. He was REALLY focussed on upselling, which became very annoying.

Do you know what the email addresses are for us to direct feedback?

I had sent my e-mail to: concerns@celebrity.com

I also called the Captain's Club, and was given this e-mail address: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

I also have written an actual old fashioned letter which will be mailed tomorrow. I'll post if I receive any reply.

elena7seas, thanks for your quick reply about the Equinox which we will be on for 24 nights (b2b) in Aqua Class in April/May. We were looking forward to the made-to-order muesli. I just told dh the bad news. Oh well. Do they still have the fruit smoothies in Blu?

We'll look out for the pushy Blu sommelier when we are on the Equinox. He will have a hard time upselling to us because we won't have the drink package and will just be going to the Elite lounge for wine (and in the good Med ports for excellent wine!). Oh yeah, for that "wonderful" bottle of sparking wine, maybe we'll allow the sommelier to upsell to something more desirable.

Oh, I forgot about the one-size-fits-all slippers which are of little use to me. The mesh bag, however, is useful as is the lip balm. Maybe I can trade the slippers for a bottle of water. lol. We plan to bring our own shampoo and conditioner for the reason you stated. At least Celebrity's shampoo is better than the "blue" (actually clear) goo on Royal Caribbean that we talked about on another thread.

We'll miss the bottled water and made-to-order muesli most of all. We do have the drink package for our Summit b2b2b next month, which will really be helpful for bottles of water (and different wine than in Elite lounge). We'll have to come up with another plan for our Equinox b2b in spring when we won't have the drink package (probably using the Elite benefit for small bottled waters and the foldable funnel I plan to bring. ;) )

I had sent my e-mail to: concerns@celebrity.com

I also called the Captain's Club, and was given this e-mail address: celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

I also have written an actual old fashioned letter which will be mailed tomorrow. I'll post if I receive any reply.

Many thanks, Northern Aurora. I'll email and post if I receive a reply too.

Edited by TourDeCruise
Reply to Northern Aurora

Anyone have an email for the CEO? I think it's about time she knew first hand how her cutbacks have been received. Perhaps wider publication of this whole 'cannot trust X anymore' issue might actually ring some alarm bells somewhere. Not prepared to let this drop without a fight.

Anyone have an email for the CEO? I think it's about time she knew first hand how her cutbacks have been received. Perhaps wider publication of this whole 'cannot trust X anymore' issue might actually ring some alarm bells somewhere. Not prepared to let this drop without a fight.

Go to Elliott.org they have all the Cruiselines various executive info there on that site

How did they manage slip in the deletion of the made to order muesli with almost no one noticing? :mad:

That's something I REALLY look forward to. :(

NOT a happy camper here!:(

I was on the Reflection for the 12/12/15 cruise. They still had made to order Muesli with the huge cart.

Why would they take away the Meusli? It's not like that would then force you to "buy" Meusli.

Don't you see? Taking away the promised bottled water means you have to BUY bottled water, another revenue source for them.

I don't like to throw around words like illegal/unethical since I'm not a lawyer, but let's not get off track for the reason for this almost 600 post thread...many of us booked when daily bottled water was something we PAID for when we booked Aqua Class, and it is now being taken away.

That is just not right.

Why would they take away the Meusli? It's not like that would then force you to "buy" Meusli.

Don't you see? Taking away the promised bottled water means you have to BUY bottled water, another revenue source for them.

I don't like to throw around words like illegal/unethical since I'm not a lawyer, but let's not get off track for the reason for this almost 600 post thread...many of us booked when daily bottled water was something we PAID for when we booked Aqua Class, and it is now being taken away.

That is just not right.

So agree! I suspect that the removal of the daily delivery of bottled water was done to increase sales of bottled water.

So agree! I suspect that the removal of the daily delivery of bottled water was done to increase sales of bottled water.

Except the vast majority have Beverage Packages, so if increased sales were the goal these sales would have to be to people in AQ without the packages.

I suspect that number is relatively small.

Then of course, of the AQ who do not have the package, how many are Elite, (or higher in the Captains Club program) and would get the water under that Programs daily evening free drink program ?

If viewed with this information, increased bottled water sales isn't plausible.

Except the vast majority have Beverage Packages, so if increased sales were the goal these sales would have to be to people in AQ without the packages.

I suspect that number is relatively small.

Then of course, of the AQ who do not have the package, how many are Elite, (or higher in the Captains Club program) and would get the water under that Programs daily evening free drink program ?

If viewed with this information, increased bottled water sales isn't plausible.

I really don't know how many people do choose beverage packages, but given the amazing amount of "nickel and diming" which is happening, and happening at what seems to be an increasing rate, I suspect they indeed are trying to increase bottled water sales. The official Celebrity poster certainly has not claimed they are trying to reduce either labor costs or bottled water consumption.

And we are Elite+ with about 25 completed Celebrity cruises. So we have cruised long enough with Celebrity to notice the increased amount of "nickel and diming."

but given the amazing amount of "nickel and diming" which is happening, and happening at what seems to be an increasing rate,

Maybe it is just me, but Celebrity is giving me more for my nickles and dimes than when I first started sailing with them, with all the promotions they give me. With all the OBC they give me, I can purchase all the bottled water I want, flowers, facial spray (whatever that is) etc. Currently, I find Celebrity a better value than ever, but obviously that isn't enough for some cruisers.

Some call it nickel and diming others see it as the unbundling of product, allowing us to buy what we want, and not pay for (to some extent) what we don't want.

Incidentally this unbundling is not unique to Celebrity. All mass market lines have followed this path. Some (NCL for example) to a greater extent.

It's up to each of us to determine the value Celebrity offers, and react accordingly.

Then if they are "unbundling" - and I personally like that idea, I don't want to pay for facial spray, either...but since many of us booked at a certain price when we WERE getting the water, flowers, facial spray...and now we are not...give us a modest on-board credit to make up for the perks we are no longer getting.

Going forward, with the new itineraries just released and the new pricing, it is clear what is included and not included, and people can book or not...but don't charge us for one set of listed amenities and then take them away.

I fail to see how my proposal is not fair.

I do not object to X deciding not to provide amenities, but do it on FUTURE bookings, not retroactively.

I do not object to X deciding not to provide amenities, but do it on FUTURE bookings, not retroactively.

I agree completely. When the AQ stateroom was booked, certain amenities were included. To change them after the sale is IMO just not wrong but dead wrong.

I think where we might not agree is what is to be done about it.

I think people affected need to address the issue with Celebrity, with the goal of being made whole. Documenting the matter on Cruise Critic isn't IMO going to get the matter resolved.

How did they manage slip in the deletion of the made to order muesli with almost no one noticing? :mad:

That's something I REALLY look forward to. :(

NOT a happy camper here!:(

I definitely noticed during my November cruise on the Equinox No chap stick either :(

Edited by lovey1103

I actually am not seeing an unbundling trend. I am seeing phasing out of amenities and higher rates for packaged amenities, heading for an inclusive type experience.

Want free coffee and one glass of wine...there is package for that.

Like extra square footage and specialty resturants...here is Luminae plus you get all specialty resturants...

I do see a bit of overkill in food and booze amenities, no pun intended, while budgets for other types of services and entertainment are cut.

The more I contemplate it the more last minute without packages is making sense. Assuming that continues.

today we were sent an e mail inviting us to tweet with X...all the stuff already posted looked like total PR hype...money for that but not water...no issues just FLUFF,

We are all packed and will take our 6 pack of water in a small cooler...this way we can beg for ice if need be and keep it cold...it will be an extra item to carry on but this way we can use the bigger welcome btl...and bar waters on the ship and save the smaller ones for shore...

Sure paying quite a bit to be bringing our mini cooler... feels like we will be camping out modern luxury style!

Maybe it is just me, but Celebrity is giving me more for my nickles and dimes than when I first started sailing with them, with all the promotions they give me. With all the OBC they give me, I can purchase all the bottled water I want, flowers, facial spray (whatever that is) etc. Currently, I find Celebrity a better value than ever, but obviously that isn't enough for some cruisers.

What perks have you gotten recently from X......we have 3 booked in AQ with triple perks as an incentive and mega obc...but not so for 2018...one perk mandatory ...and fewer amenities...

I think you will see a change in your next round of bookings..unless bookings falter and they will be offering more again!

I for one miss the upper level Conservatory & large flower shop...you could browse for beautiful arrangements and other nice items...that space now restaurants on M class ships!

Edited by hcat

Just because Celebrity is currently a better value for you though, doesn't mean it's a better value for everyone.

Not all sailings are eligible for promotions and OBC from Celebrity.

The promotion for our most recent cruise included an OBC, free gratuities and a classic drink package. I am not a big drinker so that classic drink package saved me a total of $125 on an 11 day cruise. If I was a big drinker, I'd have placed a greater value on the included drink package.

Our 2015 Celebrity cruise was double the price of what we paid in 2012. Even with OBC and promotions, we paid a lot more money for a product that we feel has declined in quality. The 2016 and 2017 itineraries are even higher in price, and many don't include any promotions.

That's great that your particular sailings are providing you with a better value; however, the sailings that appeal to me do not.