My Time Dining for 10

tlbutler33

We are a group of 10 sailing RCI for the 1st time. How difficult/long wait will it be to get all 10 of us together in the main dining room? Is it ridiculous for us to make daily reservations??

Wife and I are in a GS, so we are hoping the conceriege will be able to assist us with all 10 people. Is this possible??

Thanks

Hi all! 1st post here!

We are a group of 10 sailing in April 2016 on the Navigator and I already booked our My Time dining reservations. Better to be safe than sorry. You can always adjust the times each night while you're on the ship, but it's nice to have it reserved ahead. If you link all your bookings you can just do it on the RCI website.

Dan

Yes, you should make reservations with a group that large (harder to seat than 2 or 4!)....and, I would make them at the same time nightly, so that everyone has no excuse to miss because they didn't know what time you're eating! Large groups can be difficult....make it as easy as possible!

[quote name='tlbutler33']We are a group of 10 sailing RCI for the 1st time. How difficult/long wait will it be to get all 10 of us together in the main dining room? Is it ridiculous for us to make daily reservations??

Wife and I are in a GS, so we are hoping the conceriege will be able to assist us with all 10 people. Is this possible??

Thanks[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, I think it's almost imperative to make your dinner reservations asap and then try to change some on the ship if necessary. For a group that large, just showing up when you want to eat could result in a long wait.

We had signed up for MTD with a group of 8. We were in the Presidential Suite, so we had Raj looking out for us.(on Indy). He called us to let us know there was no table large enough for a group that size in MTD, so he switched us to the early seating and we got a table together. I'm not sure you would get a table of 10 in MTD......maybe all in the same area?

[quote name='MrZoey']We had signed up for MTD with a group of 8. We were in the Presidential Suite, so we had Raj looking out for us.(on Indy). He called us to let us know there was no table large enough for a group that size in MTD, so he switched us to the early seating and we got a table together. I'm not sure you would get a table of 10 in MTD......maybe all in the same area?[/QUOTE]

This is just our experience. We have done my time dining on all four of our cruises and we have seen parties larger than 10 all at one table. Well, all one large table. (Multiple tables pushed to the other with chairs around )

Dan

For MTD for a group of 10 make reservations in advance. Just have all booking number and a last name associated with each.
We have done it in the past. You will get limited options for time, but keep in mind you can generally show up earlier than the reservation if need be.

Our group of 10 in June on Jewel asked for a 10 table an were told we needed to set a standing early or late if we wanted the table on a regular basis. Kinda became traditional dining, since they were trying to set it up so they could turn the table twice. If no large group reserved that table they'd just seat couples together and fill it.

Definitely try to reserve a time in advance. I was in a group of five (none of us had done MTD before) and hadn't made reservations. BIG mistake! The first night we had about a 45 minute wait. After that we made sure to make reservations the night before (as we were leaving the dining room each night we made the following night's reservation). Even then we were not able to actually get the time we wanted but had to take what was available. My first (and hopefully, only) experience with MTD was not pleasant. (BTW, we were told that MTD was the only available option when we booked six months in advance.)