did ANYONE have a good experience on independence of the seas?

This upcoming Monday, December 14th, I will be setting sail on the Independence of the Seas ship. After reading many reviews, I am a bit concerned. This will be my 10th cruise and I am 23 years old. I have sailed TWICE on the Explorer of the Seas and it was the best experience I have had thusfar. The food was incredible as well as the service and staff. The ship was overwhelmingly amazing and did not remotely compare to the other 8 carnival ships I have been on. Yet, online, many people are complaining about service, drink prices and entertainment. Has anyone had a positive experience on this ship?

In addition, this is the first time I will be docking in Falmouth. I've recently been to Ocho Rios where I went to the Blue hole and had an AMAZING time. However, I am considering going to the Hilton and paying $85 for an all inclusive day in Montego bay. Has anyone done this before? I'd appreciate comments

Thank you,

Jackie

We LOVE the Independence. Sailed her twice. Both awesome trips. ...we love the Freedom Class in general. Food in the main dining room and buffet was on par with the Freedom and Oasis. Service was very good.

We've done larger (Oasis) and didn't like feel of being disconnected from the ocean, the excess of people, and the distance to everything. An awesome ship no doubt, but not for us. Having gone larger, we learned that we don't need that big of a ship. Freedom class is plenty. We haven't done smaller than the Freedom class, but will in April with the Navigator.

Drink prices are too high on all RCI ships now IMO.

Enjoy your cruise!

Dan

Just got off her today, and you will have a great time. The staff and service were great.

We don't do shows so can't answer on that except for the Ice show which was very good !

Have a great cruise !

We sailed on Indy in October and had a great cruise. If you loved Explorer, you'll LOVE Indy. As for the day trip to Hilton Rose Hall, we did that a couple of years ago and thought it was a nice excursion. We spent most of the day there in the lazy river area...nice swim up bar in that area and.

We had a terrific time on Indy this past February. My only disappointment was that she does not have an Izumi restaurant. But that in NO WAY detracted from us having a fun time. We ate in the MDR all cruise, and loved it.

Fun time had with the entertainment staff, loved Karaoke in the On-Air lounge. Just good times.

We enjoyed Liberty a few years ago, now looking to book Freedom if we can find what we want.

Thankfully Cruise Critic wasn't around when we started cruising otherwise I probably would never have stepped one foot on a ship. :D

True that!

I haven't looked around on these boards for long, but holy cow, I agree! Critic is right! As in super critical! I thought people like to complain on the Disney board that I frequent, but they are only in step one of a seven step program compared to this board!

O.k... off my soapbox.

Did I already say that I love the Indy?

Dan

I had read the bad reviews before we sailed on Indy this past June. I think that some people can find fault with anything. Someone reminded me that people tend to complain more than they are willing to pay a compliment. Our family had a wonderful time. Booked another cruise before we got off the ship.